Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.6

on 11/3/2017 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

All around awesome. Does not smell flowery as the name suggests. It is not so overpowering, that it gives you a headache, but it is very long lasting. You don't smell it after a while, but the people around you do. It smells like powdery, fresh, not to sweet, and very luxurious elegang smell. This perfume is, a love or hate one, in that there is no middle ground. I am not a big perfume wearer, and much prefer body mists or splashes. The reason being, is that I have migraine and sinus issues, and this perfume does not aggravate neither issue. The bottle is very pretty too, the only bad thing os the price.

on 5/5/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Described as a floral gourmand, I had a very had time finding the floral. The amber and patchouli stole the show.
As a gourmand / spicy scent lover this appealed to me much more than expected. However, where gourmands seem to be a dime a dozen these days this offering did not stand out. I can't see myself reaching for this over some of the other gourmands in my collection. Silage was good, and longevity, it clearly lasted at least 5 hours that I noticed. Would not buy a full bottle but I can see why its popular.

" A heady mix of gourmand and florals, this sweet treat of a fragrance has notes of tea, bergamot, sambac jasmine, orange tree, catleya orchid, freesia, rose, and amber, musk, and patchouli"

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a mini pink Grenade w half left; I supplement it with eBay custom made oil so that works for me to put the real flowerbomb on neck & underside of my hairline. I'm conserving this because it is so gawd awfully expensive & scented oil is $10 (in no way affiliated I don't sell it or encourage it this is an oil that smells "like" V&RFB not a dupe). Works for me & the oil keeps my real perfume lasting longer. I got mine for 250 Sephora Points. I don't shop at Sephora anymore I shop eBay & amazon now which you can get a lot of dupes for cheap if that works for you but someday I will possess a bigger bottle than I already own, someday, but I'm starting to think I'm not cut out to own the fancy things in life lol $100+ is a lot of money #sorrynotsorry the way to go is to buy a small bottle, get a dupe for all over deodorant layer then I like to take my real perfume as the last layer. Dupes rock thou!!! I have a real rollerball on order from eBay. I can't wait to get it! I don't really get the flowers in here necessarily & its def not bomb unless u vomit shape of bottle....i smell baby powder & maybe a bit of a soft white floral although I don't know which I know it's not gardenia (1 of my faves) then later I get a creamy musk like accord (not too animalic & stays cozy close to tie skin, comforting.) wow what I'm doing now with wearing the eBay oils then a coiple of drops of the authentic real juice & I wore it to bed next morning my dad was like u smell sweet I can smell ur perfume I said I hadn't showered yet no perfume except before bed so put 2 + 2 & figured out it was F/B!!!!!! That has never happened to me before and I put on perfume right before I go to bed every single night have brekvdookkg it for years!!!! It is a long lasting scent. To me it is addictive once I smelled it I got it in my head I loved it i was obsessed w it.

I agree with all those who wonder why this is called Flowerbomb as it doesn't smell very floral to me. I am not very fond of floral scents unless the dry down is...well...not floral. Flowerbomb happens to have a great name...great bottle (shaped as someone already mentioned a grenade), the cute little black atomizer detail on the bottle, and pretty pink colored perfume. I also like the box it comes in if you are one to save that sort of thing...useful if you travel or move.

The scent: I find it candy coated but not immature. It smells a bit like cotton candy. It's definitely a sweet smell, not too floral if at all, not fruity and not very spicy, simply sweet with out being grating. Pleasantly sweet. Has nice staying power too and doesn't overpower you after you spray it. Others don't have to duck and cover in the vicinity.

Other scents it reminds me of: Fendi Fantasia (this came in different colored bottles, there was a royal blue and a red and I have no idea if they were all the same, but I used to wear it and this reminds me a bit of it. There is also a Juicy Couture perfume that smells a bit like it, maybe it was one of the Viva perfumes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a really hard time with my Flowerbomb perfume. I never really loved it, I only kind of liked it. My kids were so done with me wearing Angel, that they urged my Mom to buy it for me, for Christmas, because they knew I had mentioned it, as a possible replacement. So, my confusion started there. What was this? Did I like it or hate it? Flowerbomb obviously is a unique fragrance with so many layers. Some people pick up a scent, so strongly & others don't pick that scent up at all! It's so strange & unique. I guess that would be because everyone's body chemistry is different, so that's why they're smelling different things. It just baffles me, how the range is so different...

Personally, I've always picked up Patchouli & a deep vanilla/amber mix, but a bit powdery after an hour or so. The patchouli scent is the one I personally hits you in the face & the others just linger. This is a scent, that doesn't go away. You know how when you're wearing a scent, after about 20 min or so, you stop smelling it, because you've gotten used to it? It isn't until someone mentions it, that you remember you're wearing it. Well, this is not the case, here! You smell it the entire time, you're wearing it! It NEVER goes away. When you walk, it follows you and leaves a path of scent. I can literally find my teenage daughter, when she's wearing this, by following the scent! It lingers, ooh does it linger! If you spray it on your clothing, it stays until you wash them in the washing machine! I've literally heard women at my gym, get asked to not ever wear it again, to the gym by the manager, because it gives so many people a headache. (True Story) When i heard that happen the first time, that's when I knew I probably needed to own it. lol! This perfume has properties that all those drug store, Pop Star, perfumes have. (Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, One Direction..) They all have that same weird scent. But, the main difference is that those drug store perfumes wear off quickly..

I'm now at the point, where I think my kids were with my Angel (Thierry Mugler) perfume... I CAN'T STAND IT! It won't go away, I can't finish the bottle, I don't want my daughter wearing it, because I have to smell it.. I've been spraying it in the weirdest places, where a scent was needed (Dog mishaps, son's super smelly room, shoes, bball gear, and the strangest place~ INSIDE THE GARBAGE CAN, before I put the bag in)😂😂😂

Flowerbomb: Oh how you remind me of the late 80's, early 90's.. You remind me of Stetson Cologne, that all the boys wore my senior year. You remind me of that party I went to with my cousin, when I first realized she was indeed a stoner. You remind me of the MANY MANY perfumes I had in high school, particularly one by Paloma Picasso, also as strong as the original Liz Claiborne, or part of one called Bijan (just one layer of Flowerbomb, though)..

There's a bunch of things it reminds me of. There's a bunch of things it smells like. There's just a whole lot of mystery and confusion with this long-lasting, will never go away, scent! Is it a hippy incense scent? A cheap mens cologne? A teenager trying to make a statement and find their "Signature Scent?" At the end of the day, Perfume is personal taste, it's scent is different on everyone & there's no way that one perfume is going to be perfect for everyone! This is an expensive perfume. I HIGHLY recommend buying a rollerball, a mini or getting some samples, before committing to the full size or you may end up spraying in garbage cans and bathrooms, like I'm doing, because I feel bad throwing it out!

Flowerbomb is not for me. I think at this point, my kids would love to have Angel back! Try it for yourself. You, too might end up writing a huge review, that just goes in circles and tells you nothing, because it has now confused you! One thing I can you, for certain is, Spicebomb for men is fantastic!!!! I absolutely LOVE that cologne! It is so mysterious, sexy and sweet! I would take Spicebomb over Flowerbomb any day of the week! It's like cinnamon & red hots, having a party in your nose! It's amazing!

on 12/13/2015 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My first advice with perfume is to try it on and walk away from the perfume counter rather than buy blind based on reviews.

I had a good spray of this done at the Boots store because Flowerbomb and Spicebomb both were on promotion. After the spray my family and I walked out of the store and onward to the car. Once in the close quarters of the car, the olfactory assault began.

Within 15 minutes of the drive back, my husband complained of the scent. After 20 minutes my youngest son asked me to roll down the window or 'make it go away'. About 40 minutes into the drive (and another 30 to go), I started to get a headache and had to roll down the window for a bit here and there despite the outside temperature being 34 degrees F.

Once home I tried to wash it off, but it lingered for a long while.

As I had an intimate drive home with this particular perfume, here is my review of the over all smell: Upon first spray, I was taken back to the mid-90's when this particular style of perfume dominated the scene at various Bath and Body Works and Victoria Secret's stores. It would be something my 20-year old self would purchase not knowing any better, mostly because of the sickly sweet smell and overtly floral bouquet. However, my almost 40 year old self was just cringing at this smell. While I acknowledged that this perfume would mesh well in the world of the young 20-somethings, I compared it to the younger crowd going after cosmo martini's and vodka and red bulls and weird marshmallow flavored vodkas rather than enjoying the 18 year old Dalmore whiskey or a good Buffalo Trace bourbon.

This perfume belongs to the young with underdeveloped noses who like to smell like candy. If I didn't know better about the basenotes of perfumes and I had to pick just one to start with, Flowerbomb would fill that void.

on 6/23/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I waited almost 3 months to buy this beauty - and it has been TOTALLY worth it! The first time I sampled it in Sephora...I was REPULSED by it. I had been used to smelling very sharp florals and fruity scents. After a few hours though, the smell began to sweeten and become...very interesting. I'm sure Flowerbomb was the first "deeper" smelling perfume I've ever smelled! I got a full sample and started to wear it throughout the day - and I just fell...hard! I can definitely see how SO MANY are mesmerized by this perfume. It hits my nose and I'm instantly set in my "HAPPY PLACE". For the price I paid, $165 for 3.4oz, I was expecting this to last ALL DAY, which it does not - maybe a good 4-6 hours before becoming a very faint skin scent. But compared to some of my other faves that unfortunately don't last more than 2 hours (Viva La Juicy, Escada Moon Sparkle, Lady Gaga FAME, Britney Spears Fantasy, anything Katy Perry) Flowerbomb is the longest-lasting. I'm sure on clothes it'd last forever, which I've not tried...
But if you're a collector, like me, BUY IT - you will not regret it's beauty sitting on your vanity!! However, if you LOVE the scent, but can't afford the price tag, try Instyle Fragrances Impression of FLOWERBOMB, it's TRULY a dead ringer and only $5.99...you just need to respray more often than once every 4-6 hours! I have them on each arm right now and only detect a slight sharpness (alcohol) at the opening, but when it dries down, it's so super close to the one and only original - only an authority of fragrances will tell the difference!! But yes, do totally SPLURGE and grab a bottle. Your inner girly will definitely THANK YOU :)

on 3/23/2015 6:04:00 PM

I think this is best perfume ever created.

on 2/28/2015 8:48:00 PM

Headache in a bottle. Too heavy and sickeningly sweet. Lasts a very long time, not a good thing when you hate the scent though.

on 10/16/2014 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is so complex and different from most fragrances. It has quickly become a favorite. This mixed with my personal chemistry is only rivaled by how well Fredricks Of Hollywood Signature and Aqualinas Gold Sugar play out. I have that type of chemistry that does better with heavier fragrances and not so well with clean ones.

Flowerbomb to me sounds like a huge bouquet of flowers, which I avoided for years because of the name unfortunately. This is by far nothing strictly floral. It a great mix of floral and heavier patchouli. I normally detest patchouli, but not in this.

Top notes are bergamot, tea, and osmanthus. The middle notes are African Orange Flower, Jasmine, rose, orchid, and freesia. The base of this fragrance is musk and patchouli. I mostly smell rose, orchids, musk, a little patchouli (almost like its just enhancing the musk), slight tea, and barely a note of bergamot. It just dries down to a very warm floral that is so intoxicating and sexy.

Popular Fragrances