MAC Select Moisturecover

MAC Select Moisturecover
Select MoisturecoverSelect MoistureCover MAC NW25BB vs MACMAC Concealers NW15

3.8

water (aqua purificata), purified, dimethicone, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, zinc stearate, isononyl isononanoate, dimethicone crosspolymer, sorbitan isostearate, caprylyl dimethicone ethoxy glucoside, dimethicone/ vinyl, dimethicone crosspolymer, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, tocopherol, ascoarbyl palmitate, squalane, hexylene glycol, sodium chloride, silica, potassium sorbate, sorbitol, hexadecane, triisostearin, glucose, fructose, dextrin, sucrose, phytosteryl isostearate, alanine, hydrogenated castor oil, hydrogenated palm glycerides, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, hydrogenated vegetable oil, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, urea, methylparaben, propylparaben [ may contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides ]

on 10/17/2016 4:48:00 PM

It's not the best MAC concealer. I used it for my under eyes and it was ok, but the coverage is bas. It's very moisturizing and it doesnt dry out your under eyes but its not enough to cover up anything.
I much prefer MAC select cover up for something thats not full coverage. If you have bad dark circles you can't use just this, you have to pair it with a color corrector. Also i did not like the packaging, you can't get all the product out before you have to toss it out, and the price is not small for you to be throwing out product.

on 10/17/2016 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My go to concealer for any dry areas of my face.

Pros:
Never looks cakey or dry
Great shade range
Provides enough moisture to calm minor irritation
Has just enough coverage to cancel out redness or minor imperfections
Stays put for most part of the day (unless you put it on the areas where you're super oily)
Because it's on the moisturizing side it melts into the skin beautifully and looks like skin, not like makeup

Cons:
Not enough coverage to cover blemishes or more visible imperfections - but this isn't what it's for

on 5/21/2016 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wasted my money.... it's the worse concealer I've ever bought.
I ended up with creases and dry patches under my eyes.
I had to look for alternative and ended up buying LancĂ´me EFFACERNES.

I'm looking forward to using this up and being done with it. I bought this for use underneath my eyes, which like for many people, tends to be an area that can look dry. I thought that a nice moisturizing concealer would be a good choice so as not to emphasize creases and wrinkles.

While I am happy to report that this doesn't emphasize dryness and wrinkles, unfortunately it is far too sheer to really tackle the dark blue/purple tones underneath my eyes. It is not a buildable formula either- with some effort, you can work this up to a soft medium coverage at the very most. I don't appreciate my concealer being more sheer than most foundations I use, what's the point? I also don't find this to be especially longwearing- don't expect this to hold up for your 15 hour days, or heat/humidity.

Too many other great concealers out there. Give this one a skip!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I use this for my undereyes. I'm NC30, I use this in NW15. It looks natural and not too highlighted. I think the studio moisturecover runs darker than their other concealers. My undereye circles are not really blue or purple but more of a darker, hyperpigmented reddish-brown colour. However they are not too deep because my eyes are monolid therefore not deep set.

The usual issues I run into are caking and having my mascara transfer onto the area of the undereye I have concealer on and have my eye makeup mix with the concealer (very gross!) At first I tried the select cover up because it is way better packaging and value, and they were both MAC liquid concealers so I thought there was probably not much difference. But that was very cakey, sticky, and not long lasting at all so I tried this instead.

This lasts all day for me. I use the MAC timecheck mineralize lotion under it to make sure it doesn't settle into fine lines, then put this on with my finger, and set it with Clinique translucent powder. It doesn't have a cakey appearance because it's so slippery. Even though it is slippery the lasting power is FAR superior to Select Cover Up.

I don't mind paying a lot for something as long as it's good value. However, there's only 5ml in this, and because of the tube design, I won't be able to use every last drop. I would consider this product expensive and the select cover up cheap even though they're both $23 where I live because of the quantity and packaging design.

on 9/19/2015 4:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I've used up a couple of these a few years back and this is a nice concealer for covering up dark circles IF you don't have super dark ones. For my undereyes this doesn't provide enough coverage but I like the light texture, it blends out nicely and is comfortable to wear. It creases a bit but not too badly. Good color range as well.

on 8/31/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

OK product.
Too watery , dries out slowly and not too resisdent lasts maybe 2-3 hours.
somehow it looks SO orange (NW25) and i must blend it over and over again.

on 8/4/2015 2:04:00 PM

It is very natural looking, light weight, BUT it broke me put horribly and i do not have sensitive skin.

on 7/5/2015 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product works great for my under eye circles, although it is a bit sheer it gives it a more natural look. I sometimes apply 2 layers under my eyes for night time events. My tone was NC30 but I definitely recommend you match it up to your skin tone by asking for assistance since matching skin tone is everything. I'm not sure about how long it wears but it definitely is easy to blend. I found that if I wanted higher coverage, using a dabbing motion with a BRUSH would help. Or, a fluffy brush. I use a small flat brush and use it like a fluffy brush and the results still turn out great.

on 7/3/2015 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this concealer because this is the only concealer which doesn't settle into my fine lines under my eyes. It provides a sheer/medium coverage therefore it is not suitable for the people who have really dark under eyes. Also I bought it for INR 1700 which is equivalent to $34. I found it expensive because the amount is a bit less. But I would still repurchase it cause it is hydrating and makes my eye area look younger! Love this product:)