MAC Select Moisturecover

MAC Select Moisturecover
Select MoisturecoverSelect MoistureCover MAC NW25BB vs MACMAC Concealers NW15

3.8

water (aqua purificata), purified, dimethicone, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, zinc stearate, isononyl isononanoate, dimethicone crosspolymer, sorbitan isostearate, caprylyl dimethicone ethoxy glucoside, dimethicone/ vinyl, dimethicone crosspolymer, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, tocopherol, ascoarbyl palmitate, squalane, hexylene glycol, sodium chloride, silica, potassium sorbate, sorbitol, hexadecane, triisostearin, glucose, fructose, dextrin, sucrose, phytosteryl isostearate, alanine, hydrogenated castor oil, hydrogenated palm glycerides, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, hydrogenated vegetable oil, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, urea, methylparaben, propylparaben [ may contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides ]

on 10/26/2017 7:18:00 PM

I have been using this concealer for about a week now and I am very happy with the results I get from it. This concealer is non-drying and looks natural. It does not leave a dry overly matte look to the undereye area. The staying power is great and it conceals darkness well. I have been a fan of MAC pro longwear concealer for many years, but wanted to try this concealer for a more natural look. Pro longwear concealer offers a bit more coverage and lasts through pretty much everything, but I am happy with the Select Moisturecover's more natural appearance. One thing I've noticed though, I have to be careful of how much I apply, because a small amount will crease in my fine lines around my eyes. I also powder the concealer with the smallest amount of power right under my lashes, just to guard against any mascara melting in that area. I feel the price is reasonable and in the normal price range for MAC products. As far as the packaging, I like the doe foot applicator as it makes application easy. I am an NC25 in most MAC foundations and I am using NC20 in the MAC Select Moisturecover concealer.

on 10/18/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have used this concealer for about a year. It has slowly replaced my other favourite concealer (Nars). My actual skin tone is C40 (Nars-Barcelona) with neutral undertones. The trick for this to work for me was to buy it in shade NW35 - the pink tones run much darker, and this shade may even be a fraction too dark for my C40 skin. With other concealers I have a never ending battle with creasing and I was surprised that this one, being so moisturising, performed better than the heavy duty ones. It is medium coverage for me with one layer, and naturally brightens my dark circles. I prefer it to the Nars radiant creamy concealer (Ginger) for texture and comfort. Though the Nars matches my skintone better, this is easier to work with as it doesn't dry so fast and coverage is buildable without EVER getting cakey (it literally never cakes on me). And I can have quite oily skin but still I blend this out to my cheeks, forehead, nose etc and sometimes just go without foundation, it sits so nice on my skin, it has truly become a staple. Hydrating, long lasting and glowy. For the ladies who are medium/olive toned, give the NW shades a go. And don't knock it if you're oily like me, it's really is a versatile and effective product if you get the right shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I wanted a natural looking concealor with medium coverage for under the eyes, possible blemishes. I wanted a moisturizing concealor that wouldn’t cause crepeyness under the eyes. I tried several, but this is my favorite and I will be repurchasing when I run out.
The formula is a medium consistency, much thinner than shape tape. Maybe similar to Maybelline fit me. I use this mostly under my eyes and it’s very natural. It doesn’t cause dryness or crepey skin (pro longwear was the worst thing to ever touch my eyes!). It just looks nice and natural. It’s a medium to sheer coverage. I really don’t have dark circles. I just like a little brightness and it makes my makeup look more finished. If you have dark circles, this is not for you.
Shades. This is not a concealor in which you can get a reverse raccoon shade. I made them try four different shades on me. They kept putting me in really yellow shades. It was irritating. I ended up with NW15 and it’s the darkest concealer I own. NW10 was just a weird shade that didn’t seem to fit the line. But, the shade I got works just fine.
Packaging. I love the doe foot wand for under the eyes. Nice and user friendly and I don’t intend to have this long enough to get gross as I use it almost every day.
Price. Totally reasonable, especially now that MAC does 25% off on occasion.
My previous HG was NARS radiant creamy concealer. This one is thinner, lighter coverage, and more moisturizing/less drying. I still love the NARS but I’ve been going with lighter foundations and it was too much coverage to go with those. And it was just a little drying. Currently for my needs, this MAC one is perfect. I currently use my shape tape on blemishes and on full coverage days under my eyes. Otherwise, I use this every day.

on 3/21/2017 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Interesting reviews. My take: I've repurchased this a number of times over the years. I have oily skin. I'm also a "minimalist" with makeup- I just wear mascara and lipstick. Occasionally I wear tinted moisturizer. Considering my makeup "situation", I think this works great because I can use it without having to use all those other products. It sinks in and does a great job of covering without looking like I'm wearing concealer. For those of you that don't wear a lot of makeup, perhaps this is an option. I'm happy with it and have thrown out a lot of other concealers because they wouldn't blend in unless I had other products that I don't use.

on 4/19/2017 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I use this product mainly for my under eye area.I don't have heavily dark circles so it works fine. It doesn't dry my under eye area and it really brightens up my eyes and gives a lively look which is perfect for me because most of the days I can't sleep enough and I look very tired. The problem is though, it doesn't stay I tried it with powder and without powder, primer, primer+powder but it doesn't stay. Also, if you are not super careful with application creasing occurs which is very annoying at this price.

on 4/20/2017 8:25:00 PM

I usually love mac however this was not a good concealer for me. It dried out my undereye area and didn't even cover well. Disappointed in this one

on 5/21/2016 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wasted my money.... it's the worse concealer I've ever bought.
I ended up with creases and dry patches under my eyes.
I had to look for alternative and ended up buying Lancôme EFFACERNES.

on 10/17/2016 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My go to concealer for any dry areas of my face.

Pros:
Never looks cakey or dry
Great shade range
Provides enough moisture to calm minor irritation
Has just enough coverage to cancel out redness or minor imperfections
Stays put for most part of the day (unless you put it on the areas where you're super oily)
Because it's on the moisturizing side it melts into the skin beautifully and looks like skin, not like makeup

Cons:
Not enough coverage to cover blemishes or more visible imperfections - but this isn't what it's for

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I'll never get over the color I was matched with, NW20. I'm mixed race and have very warm brown yellow toned skin and I have never been able to make the pinkness of the color work. The product is too sheer to cover under eye discoloration, it just gives it an ashy appearance. The consistency is nice enough, definitely moist as the name implies. It wears comfortably, it does crease after time but that's just a fact of any concealer. I wouldn't repurchase due to its inability to disguise or improve under eye circles, for $20 there is so much better. Definitely light cover in terms of a concealer.

on 10/17/2016 4:48:00 PM

It's not the best MAC concealer. I used it for my under eyes and it was ok, but the coverage is bas. It's very moisturizing and it doesnt dry out your under eyes but its not enough to cover up anything.
I much prefer MAC select cover up for something thats not full coverage. If you have bad dark circles you can't use just this, you have to pair it with a color corrector. Also i did not like the packaging, you can't get all the product out before you have to toss it out, and the price is not small for you to be throwing out product.