L'Oreal ColorAppeal Duo Eyeshadow

No Image

3.8

on 10/12/2007 6:15:00 AM

I have this in 'brun roses' (well at least that is what I remember it wa caled before the name rubbed off the packaging!). I'm not very good at describing colours, the base shade is a light pink which has gold shimmers, and seems almost pearly in the pan. I tend to use this colour over the whole lid, and then smudge a bit towards the eye brow, which nicely highlights my eyes.
The other shade is more brown, with also a slight gold shimmer. This can be used to line the eye lid, but I tend to use it in the outer corner of my eye. On occasions this will come out too dark, and I'll have to wipe a bit off the make the look more 'natural'.
This duo seems to work really well with my colouring (pale skin with green eyes ad brown hair). Using the two colours together is pretty much fool proof- and became my staple shadows for work, as the shimmer was not too much for day. I found the shadow easy to use, the shadow is soft but not 'crumbly' and looks smooth when applied.
I found the staying power to be good, lasting most of the day, although occasionally creasing at around 3pm, but most shadows seem to do that on my 'oily' lids!
No major issues with the packaging, I've used the brush that comes with it and this seems to evenly layer the shadow. My only issue, like another review suggested, the base colour is used a lot more than the darker (which I've barely made a dent in).
This is a great, cheap and easy to use duo that I will definately repurchase.

on 3/7/2006 9:05:00 AM

Good eyeshadow duo. The dark sides are pigmented enough and the lighter side can be used on its own or to lighten the dark one. Overall, it is a finely milled and good blendable powder eyeshadow and has enough shimmer to enlighten my eyelook. But the two shades are designed to be in equal amounts, wouldn't it be far better if the lighter part of the pan was bigger? Moreover, the lid is a bit tricky and if the box isn't closed properly, it tends to either oxidize or dry.

on 11/22/2005 9:59:00 PM

my eyes are oily lids and e/s never stay more than one hr.now that i use cashmere blush & eyes as base n use color appeal duo in pretty in pink...voila..its stay the whole stay..the color maybe a bit chalky but rub it with ur finger to smoothen it out....its great that my e/s can stay for more than 8 hrs.....and stuff are cheap coz i got in from warehouse sales..definately looking forward to their warehouse sale again. packaging is not so good...hard to open the cover...and the applicator is very harsh..will try to use brush next time

on 8/24/2005 5:49:00 PM

A very good e/s, longlasting and easy to apply. It makes my blue-green eyes pop and makes me look fresh and clear-eyed, but I find it to be a little too shimmery. I prefer satiny or matte e/s with a little more pigment in it. I get compliments on my eyes wearing this, but still....not quite my style, too much glitter and too neutral - two lippies off. Maybe perfect for a different personality than mine:)

on 3/15/2005 6:14:00 PM

I bought this eyeshadow in shade 203 beiges taupes neutral eyes and I love it! The duo consists of a very light cream colour and a light gray. Both shades are iridescent and gorgeous. They looks great worn together, and the light cream makes a great base and works well on its own as well. I also love pairing the gray with Stila's Kitten.
The shades are quite subtle but still surprisingly pigmented.
A great neutral duo at a wonderful price!