Artdeco Eyeshadow Base

Artdeco Eyeshadow Base
Eyeshadow BaseEyeshadow BaseEyeshadow BaseArtDeco E/S Base

4.2

Ingredients:C11-13 Isoparaffin,talc,cera microcristallina(microcrystalline wax)Mica,PVP/hexacene copolymer(VP/hexadecene co-polymer),polyethylene,Tocopheryl acetate,Bisabolol Propylparaben,triclosan,propylene glycol,BHT,Ascorbyl palmitate,Citric acid,glyceryl distearate,glyceryl sterate,parfum(fragrance)benzyl benzoate,linalool,butylpheynlmethylpropional,Hexyl cinnamal,Benzyl salicylate,Hydroxycitronellal,CI77491(iron oxides)CI77492(iron oxides)CI77499(iron oxides) CI 77891(titanium oxide)

Yup, that's the eyeshadow base for the rest of my life. Got 5 of them, 4 are backups and will last me years. I used UD Original Primer (before they changed the formula), MAC Paint Pot, NYX Glitter Primer, Maybelline Superstay 24h concealer, white liquid lipstick, pure glycerin... None of these make me satisfied. Either too dry, too sticky, or I can say hello to crease after some hours. The consistency of the Artdeco EB is dry-creamy-sticky. It contains some micro glitter. Why? Because I wanna feel like a princess? I'm ok with that. My matte eyeshadows go matte on this base, so... Many people dislike the scent. I understand that. It smells like a perfume for men. Hm, not fresh though. But I like it. Sorry. I know there is a version without that heavy scent but why would I want to apply without being seduced? Oh my. The most important part: Application and effect. I want to apply it with my fingers because it's the best way to spread the product. But then, I noticed it holds crease better back when applied with a brush. I let it dry for a couple of minutes and start applying my stuff. It's better to pat your eyeshadows rather than swiping. Blending is a problem. I suggest applying a skin colored eyeshadow first, then follow with the colors you really want to use. Pigmentation increases. I'd say it's better if you apply the colors directly onto the base instead of putting it over a base that's setted. My eyeshadows stay about 8-11 hours, depending on the day and the temperature + humidity. It's the best base that I found. I'm going to use it for my undereyes as primer. Maybe before concealer or mixed with concealer. I'm sure it can do wonders.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does work but the texture is difficult to blend, like a soft clay consistency, I use a small lip brush to apply this lol works better for me. I apply a little of this first then a small amount of benefit stay don’t stray and my eyeshadow does not budge all day until I remove it myself :)

on 3/16/2018 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Unhygienic packaging. Product creases on the lid. Dries out quickly. Useless. I prefer priming my eyelids with concealer and setting with translucent powder.

on 6/17/2017 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

This is a great product! I've only ever used ELF eye-shadow primer before, which I thought was ok-ish, but this is SO MUCH better. It makes the eye-shadow go on really smoothly and enhances pigmentation. It also helps the shadow stay longer without creasing. I tried putting it on with a brush but it seems like a clean finger is best. The only "issue" I have with it is the packaging - it would be much more hygienic if it came in a tube or something similar. I will definitely be buying it again!

on 4/29/2017 6:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I am a competitive dancer and on the many hours of competitions we have a liters of transpiration!!! especially, ME! I transpirate a lot from my face and this is terrible, if you need after every round to make you up again and again.
But after I found this base in 2010, I never needed to make my eyes makeup again during competitions. even with a lot of transpiration, it stays good for many hours.
PS. in the "normal life" i do not use base at all ...

Horrible . Besides the fact they it comes in a pot which is not hygienic, it's frosted so if you apply frosted shadow, it will not look good.

This is simply the best eyeshadow base i've ever tried!

on 7/14/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to eye shadow primer. It really enhances the pigments of my eye shadows. Everytime I use it, it makes my shadow stay all day. They just came into the US and they have half off all products on their site! I'm going to buy a few more just to stock up while it's on sale

on 8/21/2015 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first time I'm trying it out and so far I only have to say is that it's very hard to blend the eyeshadow once you apply this. It makes it streaky. Also, it is glittery. However, I have quite oily eyelids and this is the first time I'm trying a primer and it keeps my eyeshadow stay put quite well. The main downside - very hard to blend the eyeshadow on top of this base.

on 5/1/2015 8:13:00 PM

Best eye primer I've worn! It stays all day and doesn't crease. It enhances A LOT the pigments in most eyeshadows. Very smooth texture, easy to apply. The packaging is also very practical.