Boots No7 Intense Volume

Boots  No7 Intense Volume
Boots No.7 Intense Volume MascaraBoots No.7 Intense Volume Mascara Wand

3.6

on 2/18/2011 5:51:00 AM

I got this as a mini in one of the Boots No.7 Gift Sets. And this is my go-to mascara for a quick and fuzz free application. The brush is one of those old fashioned ones, it holds a decent amount of product and helps cover my lashes easily. I can reach those hard-to-get corners nicely and my bottom lashes ends up visible but not clown like. The mascara goo itself is black, not dark grey or anything like that, and it has a faint clinical smell.

I barely get any clumps and especially no spider-lashes when using this mascara, my lashes end up looking natural and defined. I do NOT get "intense volume" from brushing my eyelashes a couple of times, but I'd guess you'll get it if you keep on applying product long enough. However, I think there is something in it that my eyes are sensistive towards. My eyes get sort of watery and sore when I use this product. Too bad actually, for it is a decent mascara.

This is not the mascara if you want the false eyelashes look, or are looking for something that gives you optimum curl and volume. But it is nice for everyday use, or on those days you want to have the "no make up look". I do not have sensitive eyes, but my eyes still gets a bit runny. So if you easily react towards mascaras, you probably want to avoid this.

The mascara is much more expensive pr. ml than eg. mascaras from Max Factor. I do not think about No.7 as an high end mascara, even though it is more in the Dior range than other drug store brands. But you can usually get it on offers and stuff, and that makes the price reasonable.

on 10/14/2010 8:36:00 AM

I've had a few of these mascaras as GWP items - got to confess I've never bought one! They're 11 quid in the UK which (call me a cheapskate) seems a bit expensive for a Boots own-brand mascara to me. This is why I've said I wouldn't repurchase it - but I would happily use it if I was given it (which is NOT the case with a lot of mascaras).
Its good points are a nice, good-sized bristly wand, a not-too-wet formula which holds my curl, it doesn't leave my lashes crispy and it doesn't smudge any more than most other mascaras. It also applies enough in one coat to do the job when I'm in a hurry, and removes easily.
On the negative side, it can clump a bit so needs combing through with an eyelash comb sometimes. It doesn't provide loads of extra length or volume, just some.

In the end it comes down to price - this seems really expensive for a mascara that doesn't do anything special. Boots sell a Natural Collection Waterguard mascara for TWO QUID which performs better than this - same look, but also waterproof and smudgeproof. So am I likely to buy this one instead for five times the price? Er.......

This is a mediocre mascara. Nothing special, nothing spectacular.
On the positive side, it does not clump and gives medium volume --- but at the end of the day it smudges underneath the eyes.

Cannot even compare it to my new MAC Plush Lash.
Will not repurchase this again, there are waaaay better mascaras out there!

on 6/12/2009 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love this!
My lashes: Small eyes, dark, long, thick, STRAIGHT lashes.

I used it this morning when I couldn't find my other mascara (Ulta Max. Length Soft Curl) after curling my lashes. Oh my!
My lashes weren't LENGTHENED a lot, so I don't know if short-lashed people should use this, but they were thick, dark, luscious...held a curl and all! I added a little zigzag motion on my outer bottom lashes and I had big, beautiful eyes.
It really didn't clump, but I still ran a comb through to assure that the mascara dried evenly on both eyes.

Will def. buy again and I highly recommend!

on 11/4/2007 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i really like this mascara! i got it in a swap as an extra and if it weren't for that i know i would have never tried it. first off, it is a nice, dark black color. the texture is perfect- wet enough to be glossy and go on easily but not so wet that it kills your curl. i adore the brush, it is my favorite kind of brush for mascara: very dense, full bristles that are long and placed closely together, slightly tapering in length as they reach the tip. i find that these brushes give you the most thorough, clump-free, voluminous application and are about a million times better than any other kind. the formula feels nice and soft on your lashes and doesn't smudge, flake, or clump. you can layer this many times and never see even a bit of a clump, and THAT is pretty impressive! i love a mascara that you can put on, leave on for hours, and then touch up again by applying a fresh coat w/o creating tons of clumps and a spidery mess. on the other hand, this formula gives nice length but very minimal volume. it leaves my lashes nice and curled, darkened, and slighty fuller, but i would like a lot more thickness. for being called "instense volume" i think the name is a bit misleading. i have found that using one coat of this on my lashes and following it up with a coat of Bourjois Pump Up the Volume mascara gives it the extra boost of volume it needs and results in a really nice, dark, thick but not over-the-top lash look. i think this is a great mascara at a very reasonable price and i would definitely repurchase it. it's possibly one of my favorite drugstore mascaras!