Maybelline Designer Chocolates Quad

Maybelline Designer Chocolates Quad
Maybelline Eyeshadow Quad - Designer chocolatesEnter TitleEnter Title

3.5

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is blah! It wouldn't be bad if the color payoff wasn't so bad. I mean you have to build and build and build up the color to get a light wash of the color and I have my UDPP on too. Supposively there are two MAC dupes in this quad, but no way they're a dupe if you can't even get the color payoff out of them. Won't buy again, too much work to get color.

on 12/19/2010 1:37:00 AM

I really enjoy this quad, the colours complement each other well and they can provide either a neutral or dramatic look.

If you're hoping to achieve a more dramatic look using the dark brown a primer is definitely needed. The crease burgundy barely shows without one.

I love how this looks on me, but I can't rate it any higher as I can only achieve the look with the help of other products.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a great quad! I love these shades and what I love most is that you can wear them with either a black or brown liner. I always find myself grabbing this. I have fair skin and the colors work really well with my skin tone. I even use the dark brown shade to color in my brows. Gotta love a multi-functional product!

I normally use Clinique's Strawberry Fudge eyeshadow duo. I ran out, and didn't want to drive 20 minutes to the mall to buy more.

So, with that being said, I decided I would save some time (and money) and just buy some plain old eyeshadow from Wal-Mart.

I saw the Maybelline "Designer Chocolates" and immediately thought the palette was pretty, and similar to Strawberry Fudge. Was I ever wrong. The only colors worth using were the dark brown and pink. The lid shade was too close to my own, so you could barely see it, and the brow bone shade was too white and too transparent. As for the dark brown and pink shades, it takes about 500 applications to get any type of color pigmentation.

I will definitely be sticking with Clinque.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

The colors look really pretty in the package, neutral but special. Alas, this was not my experience. The lid color is way too close to my own color, so it was pretty useless. The dark brown for the outer corner is very blah and is the only color that actually shows up properly. The crease color was a shimmery pink with brown tones. I say was because the color shattered when the case dropped. It was the only one, so maybe the sparkles did something to make the texture more crumbly and prone to break. The only decent color is the brow bone, which I find too white for my brow, but use as a highlighter on the top of my cheek bones. I think someone with a lighter complexion would find this set more to their taste, but I wouldn't get these "Chocolates" again.

on 11/26/2008 6:40:00 PM

I think these colors look good with my eye color. Overall I'm happy with it because it taught me how to apply the right colors where for a textured look (I was pretty one dimensional with eyeshadow before). Without a primer it won't stay on all day. Actually it fades pretty quick w/o primer (like after 2 hours?) but much more lasting with a primer. Also! After I swipe it in the shadow I tap my brush because its quite loose and it really will fall on your face if you don't tap it, which is super annoying!

on 8/28/2008 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this eyeshadow quad for as long as I can remember. The brown is perfect for my lid and crease and I use the tan for my browbone and the white for the inner corners of my eyes. For a more dramatic evening look, I layer a darker, sparkly plum over the brown. It's not the best quality eyeshadow, but as far as bang for the buck - it works for me.
The packaging is weak though. The applicators fall apart quickly and the lid hinges break off every time. I end up having to lay it flat instead of putting it in my makeup bag with the rest of my stuff.

I have tried other colors, but always come back to my designer chocolates.

on 3/22/2008 12:01:00 PM

I have and I would buy this product again but mostly for the peachy brown shade that makes my bluey green eyes pop. when you put all the shades on as directed on the pack it looks quite stunning and I get quite a compliment when I do wear them. I love the dark brown, its a good colour if I feel lazy and want to get a quick dark eye look. I also love the the white frosted shade as a highlighter but the light beige lacks pigment for me so I rarely use it.

I pretty much wear this shadow everyday. I have green eyes and these colors compliment them well. The colors are great for daily wear. I have a lot of more expensive shadows and seem to always go back to my tried and true Chocolates Quad. The only thing I don't like is the packaging - for some reason my lid always breaks off. But considering it's maybelline, I'll deal with it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a staple for me ( Designer Chocolate Quad ) from Maybelline has to be one of the best shades they have. I normally use Isadora, But this has been a real good eye shadow for me. I Will buy this again.