Maybelline New York Designer Chocolates Quad

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/24/2016 4:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I bought this little quad on Emilynoel83's recommendation & I am very happy I did. I just love it. I use the cranberry shade on my lid, the brown in my crease, the white in my inner corner & the beige shade to blend out with. I also use my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink as a base & the cranberry shade looks gorgeous over it. It's not dramatic by any means but it is certainly beautiful & feminine.

on 8/2/2013 11:32:00 PM

I freakin love this quad!!! The colors are very well pigmented and not chalky on my lids (im nc5, PPP) at all. They lasted all day, no crease and fading that I could see. They are silky satin (not too matte and not glittery) shades. I will be using this for a long time!!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The quality of the eyeshadow is a bit iffy, maybe a little chalky or something, but applies okay and stays all day. The shades are really nice and my favorite is the crease shade--a mauve-y sparkly pink.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE EYE SHADOWS!!! AND I BUY THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!! I have repurchased this Quad over 7 times and im just in love with this!!! So i give this product 5 lippies!!! These colors look so nice all together my FAVORITE is the Grease color, it is like a PRETTY PRETTY ROSE brownish color depending on the light or how much you put on ect...I put some Primer on Hard Candy, Revlon, Covor Girl, Rimmel London, L'Oreal Studios my favorite primer and the Revlon:PThose are all the primers i have and no matter which one i use this Eye shadow looks great with any primer!!! This Eye shadow is very PIGMENTED AND I JUST LOVE LOVE IT!!! I always wear these colors all together the colors just look so nice with each other and the grease color is AMAZING!!! i have bought this over and over repurchased it over 7 times and will continue buying this over and over! When i buy this i always buy lots of extras so i can have this in hand it is like my everyday color:P When i put my makeup on and am getting ready to put on my Eye shadow i tell myself i am going to try my other shadows out and i never do i just keep using this!!! LOVE IT and if you like Neutrals you will LOVE this Quad!!!!!

on 1/12/2011 10:09:00 PM

I was surprised by the lack of pigmentation I found in the crease shade. It is a beautiful rosy brown, but it doesn't come off very strong. While the color it does show on my lids is a nice mauvey color, it's not what the quad is advertising. As with most of the Maybelline quads, the lid and outer corner shades are lovely and have fantastic pigmentation. I plan to wear these every day! The highlight color seems misplaced, as it's a pearly white. I would have prefered a shimmery cream or peach, but maybe they were trying to make it white chocolate? Either way, it doesn't blend well with the lovely browns. The packaging is fantastic, the hinge keeps the lid in position, and the compact is slim and sleek. A nice quad, but don't expect to wear it all at the same time.

on 12/26/2010 4:33:00 AM

Lovely colours.
Stays on for long time without creasing.
Wonderful colours for BLUE eyes. :)
Will repurchase when all gone.
Only bad thing was its around $16-17 aussie dollars.
But will last a long time. <3

on 1/29/2010 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the colors in this palette, and how well-coordinated they are. However, I am getting hardly any pigmentation, and some creasing even with primer. I was surprised that the MUA reviews for this product are as high as they are. I'll still continue to wear them though, I really do love the colors. Maybe I would get better results applying wet.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

ooo myyy gosh this is my go to everydayy i love it and its a great everyday look i love how its all labled and even has a little help guide on the back its so cheap but great quality not highly pigmented and 2 colors are matte i do belive but i loooveee thisss so muchhh i reccomend this to anyone

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These are BOGO free at Walgreen's this week, so now's the time to buy if you're wanting to try them.

My quad looks quite a bit different than the pic up there, in fact I had to pull it out to check the shade name to make sure I was on the right one. It's got, from l to r, top to bottom, a light taupe for lid, a shimmery purple for crease, a cream for browbone, and a dark milk chocolate for outer V.

Maybelline shadows aren't very pigmented, and sometimes the color you see in the pan isn't very true to what shows up on your lids. I've found this to be the case with all Maybelline shadows, and I find it rather annoying. It's really the only reason I selected 'no' for the rebuy. However, today I made a very lovely sculpted neutral eye using all 4 colors of this palette, following the guide on the back. (I was pretty nervous, I'm used to only using 1 or 2 shadows at a time!) The light pigmentation made it kind of impossible for me to screw up. I'd suggest Maybelline shadows for anyone who's a little unsure of their eyeshadow technique and needs to practice. Maybe younger girls who are making their first forays into makeup would do well with these. But if you're looking for hyper-pigmentation and true color, you probably wouldn't like these. But hey, they're pretty cheap.

Please don't even consider using these without a primer, they'll melt away in minutes. I use UDPP and they stay all day, and I think a primer makes the color a bit more intense.

*EDIT:* Bumping this up to 4 lippies & changing to 'yes' for the rebuy, after using this for a while I've become quite fond of it. It's one of the few palettes that I can make a great eye with the included applicators. It's a really great neutral palette, one that you can take with you on vacation and you'll have everything you need.

on 8/20/2009 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

this is my fav quad from maybelline, as well as "blushing babe" (old and d/c). I don't know, maybelline quads can be hit and miss, and their shimmery ones are TOO dry for me but this is perfect! I love it everyday when i can't be fussed with my mac shadows - it's neutral, natural, understated and flattering! i have a similar compact i put together out of mac, and i find that while this is not really the same beautiful texture as mac, it LOOKS similar! for neutrals, you can't go wrong with this palette.

granted, i have fair skin, so i don't worry too much about lower pigmentation!

i bought it on special, and while the lid has broken (annoying!) i would buy it again. great quad!

OH i ALWAYS use TFSI or paint pot with this - would not consider it on its own!