Maybelline Designer Chocolates Quad

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought this quad when I decided to reintroduce wearing eyeshadow into my daily makeup routine after a decade of only wearing eyeliner, mascara and some kind of lip product and let's just say that I wasn't impressed. The colors were chalky, difficult to blend, looked quite awful on my caramel color skin and after trying a couple of different eye looks, I returned it to RiteAid within an hour after my initial purchase. This is definitely one drugstore product that did not live up to expectations.

Maybe my picker was off that day for I purchased another eyeshadow quad, that review will follow shortly, and I was 2 for 2 for choosing really awful eyeshadow quads in one day.

on 10/6/2008 5:46:00 PM

When I wear makeup I usually use brown eyeshadow, which I have found to be most flattering on me.
This quad of brown shades (ecru, beige, brown, tawny rose) have glint/shimmer in it & applies to the eyelid very soft, subtle & sheer. I find it hard to build up the color with this product. To me, it gives a very natural, almost "no makeup look" no matter how much I pile on.
The compact comes with 2 very short sponge-tip eyeshadow applicators which can be awkward to hold as I'm trying to apply the powder.
I keep it handy at work in case I need to put on makeup, but I wouldn't buy this product again. I prefer something with more intense chocolate color & matte effect.

on 1/25/2008 1:31:00 AM

I like these colors...a pearly white, a shimmery nude, a warm taupe-brown, and a shimmery warm mauve. The mauve color really brings out brown and green eyes. The first reviewer is right though, the staying power is not great. I'll probably try this over a primer to see if I like it better, but if not then I'll probably return it to Long's Drugs where I bought it. Thank goodness for drugstores and their lenient return policies!

on 3/16/2005 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

In my entire life, I've never been so pleased with an eye shadow quad (colors especially). I bought this around 4 years ago, and I am actually quite relieved that someone just reviewed it. I was starting to think it had been discontinued.

Top Rated Eye Shadow