Maybelline Designer Chocolates Quad

Maybelline Eyeshadow Quad - Designer chocolatesEnter TitleEnter Title

3.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I did the two eye test again, which is basically primer on both eyes (Ruby Kisses usually), old product on one lid (in this instance, W&W's "Naked Truth") and comparison product on the other.

There are four shades in this quad. Clockwise from top left, beigy-taupe-y, dusky rose, mocha-ish, cream-ish. They all have some shimmer.

The only "meh" shade was the greyish-beigy-taupish. It went on the lid just fine. The rose (which is most assuredly dusky) is lovely and sits very nicely in the crease. Mocha filled out the outer corner, and the highlighter shade was fine. What surprised me was the staying power. After 5 hours, the W&W was a smidge creasyfied. The Maybelline quad suffered no such indignity.

(Still on my lids, still no crease, and I'm now at 7 hours plus; I've been to the living room gym, and cooked dinner during this time).

It's not a quad that's going to break records or clear tall buildings in a single leap but it does its job very nicely, blending well and actually demonstrating decent pigment. At that price point ($3 from Amazon) you can't go wrong.

Definitely one of the better drugstore nudes.

(Eyeshadows. Nude eyeshadows. I cannot confirm or deny any other type of nude shenanigans which may or may not have happened down at the local Rite-Aid)

on 7/30/2012 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this palette! I've been reaching for it over my Urban Decay Naked2. I'm not seeing any problems with fading or low color pay off with these shadows, with the exception of the lid shade, which is a little chalky. I've been applying the CG Intense Shadow Blast in the beige on my lid prior to application, and that might be helping with the longevity.

By far, the pinky-burgundy/cranberry (crease) shade makes this quad stand out. I love brown and pinks/plums/burgundies together. That color combo makes my eye color pop.

My only complaint is that the packaging has changed. The base shade portion is pretty large, the lid and crease shades are small rectangles, and the "liner" shade (I use it in the outer corner) is long and skinny. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I will go through the crease color quickly because I will be using this with other shadows, too.

on 10/17/2011 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

OMG!!! i don't think I ever bought worse eye shadow!!!! its soooo chalky!!! and the payoff is NONE... this would make fine toy eyeshadow for my 9 year old niece if it didn`t sting my eyes like hell!!

the colors are nice, the concept of a very natural matte eye is awsome but this could not have been a bigger failure for me!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is blah! It wouldn't be bad if the color payoff wasn't so bad. I mean you have to build and build and build up the color to get a light wash of the color and I have my UDPP on too. Supposively there are two MAC dupes in this quad, but no way they're a dupe if you can't even get the color payoff out of them. Won't buy again, too much work to get color.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought this quad when I decided to reintroduce wearing eyeshadow into my daily makeup routine after a decade of only wearing eyeliner, mascara and some kind of lip product and let's just say that I wasn't impressed. The colors were chalky, difficult to blend, looked quite awful on my caramel color skin and after trying a couple of different eye looks, I returned it to RiteAid within an hour after my initial purchase. This is definitely one drugstore product that did not live up to expectations.

Maybe my picker was off that day for I purchased another eyeshadow quad, that review will follow shortly, and I was 2 for 2 for choosing really awful eyeshadow quads in one day.

on 5/13/2008 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nice neutral quad with an ivory, a light taupe, a shimmery mauve and a dark brown. All the colors have shimmer. They stay on pretty well through the whole day, but better if you layer them. The mauve color is too dark a pink to look natural on my eyes, but the other colors are all useful for me to create an everyday look. I especially like the light taupe. Also, I think this quad has the same basic color scheme as the L'oreal showstopping taupe, so if you couldn't get that one, this could be a substitute.

on 6/20/2007 10:14:00 PM

Great colors for a blue eyed, cool toned PPP. Very subtle and great for quick morning makeup. Doesn't last all day, but also doesn't seem to crease on me. Very inexpensive! Bought this quad on a BOGO offer a few months ago and have been using it almost everyday since. CVS has a buy one get one for half off sale right now, so I went to stock up the other day. If you love this quad, get it now. It seems that Maybelline has decided to change the colors in the quad. The new quad has each square of shadow labeled with "LID", "CREASE", etc. I rummaged to the back of the new packages and found four of the old quads. Why do they change/discontinue my favorite cheap cosmetics?????

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a staple for me ( Designer Chocolate Quad ) from Maybelline has to be one of the best shades they have. I normally use Isadora, But this has been a real good eye shadow for me. I Will buy this again.