Maybelline New York Designer Chocolates Quad

Maybelline Eyeshadow Quad - Designer chocolatesEnter TitleEnter Title

3.5

on 10/24/2016 4:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I bought this little quad on Emilynoel83's recommendation & I am very happy I did. I just love it. I use the cranberry shade on my lid, the brown in my crease, the white in my inner corner & the beige shade to blend out with. I also use my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink as a base & the cranberry shade looks gorgeous over it. It's not dramatic by any means but it is certainly beautiful & feminine.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Am buying backups. This gives a polished, amazing neutral look. You need a good base. i use Fyrinnae pixie epoxy. it is a tiny bit chalky n powdery, but not bad for price. The undertone is not red in the slightest. The liner shade works perfectly for my brows too. This and a plum, bronze, or berry lipstick=my perfect polished, pretty look. Just a bit of liquid liner and mascara=done. Drugstore is so good these days. You can combine this with a wet n wild eyeshadow or a rimmel scandaleyes shadow stick to change the effect.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

OK, so in general it is a very pretty quad. I have used it for several years and find it to go well with my skin tone and green/ hazel eyes. The best way I've found to use it is to use the crease (rose) as my lid shade and the brown in my crease. I find that the shade that is labeled for lid disappears on me and can look chalky. Be cautious of the highlight as it can "flash" brightly in pictures. These aren't the best quality but also not bad for being drugstore shadow. I have found that they work better with a good primer. Overall it is a good buy for the price and I will prob repurchase when I hit pan.

on 1/12/2011 10:57:00 PM

Meh. This just doesn't show up. Go get the L'Oreal HIP eyeshadows and pick out the browns and neutrals... way better product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really like this quad. Have mac dupes below Its a great neutral quad that works perfectly on my fair skin. Pigmentation is pretty great, applies easily, blends so well. Love using as directed or mixing them up or a single shade, its a great quad to have but ive been pleased with mostly every quad i bought from them. Around $5-6 depending where u purchase def cheaper if u wait 4 a sale.
I have labeled my quads with possible mac dupes, feel free 2 correct me
Lid: (mac kid)a cream/biege color almost a silver sheen to it
Crease: (mac da bling) a cranberry/maroon color with a slight shimmer to it but most of it doesnt translate
Browbone: (mac vanilla) a matte off white or vanilla
Outer corner: (mac brown down) a semi matte chocolate brown nice brown color
As a pale girl i have used these so much, esp this one- luv it!

on 9/18/2009 5:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

CONS: ??????
PROS:
-if you are a starter, it's awesome because it tells you exactly where to put each color !
-great quality for the price
-colors are really pretty
-can be used for a natural look (don't use the darker brown) or a smokier look without being too overwhelming
-nicely pressed so shadow doesn't fly all over
highly recommended !

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These are BOGO free at Walgreen's this week, so now's the time to buy if you're wanting to try them.

My quad looks quite a bit different than the pic up there, in fact I had to pull it out to check the shade name to make sure I was on the right one. It's got, from l to r, top to bottom, a light taupe for lid, a shimmery purple for crease, a cream for browbone, and a dark milk chocolate for outer V.

Maybelline shadows aren't very pigmented, and sometimes the color you see in the pan isn't very true to what shows up on your lids. I've found this to be the case with all Maybelline shadows, and I find it rather annoying. It's really the only reason I selected 'no' for the rebuy. However, today I made a very lovely sculpted neutral eye using all 4 colors of this palette, following the guide on the back. (I was pretty nervous, I'm used to only using 1 or 2 shadows at a time!) The light pigmentation made it kind of impossible for me to screw up. I'd suggest Maybelline shadows for anyone who's a little unsure of their eyeshadow technique and needs to practice. Maybe younger girls who are making their first forays into makeup would do well with these. But if you're looking for hyper-pigmentation and true color, you probably wouldn't like these. But hey, they're pretty cheap.

Please don't even consider using these without a primer, they'll melt away in minutes. I use UDPP and they stay all day, and I think a primer makes the color a bit more intense.

*EDIT:* Bumping this up to 4 lippies & changing to 'yes' for the rebuy, after using this for a while I've become quite fond of it. It's one of the few palettes that I can make a great eye with the included applicators. It's a really great neutral palette, one that you can take with you on vacation and you'll have everything you need.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product sucks, the pay off is horrid!! You have to work so hard to get even the slightest color...im a NC50.....just doesnt get it for me........HATED IT!!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Well, I would not have wasted money on this if I knew. I wanted a smoky eye that is not too loud and dark for me. This one has a crease color which does not suit med complexion people at all. I feel the colors of the quad are not the best. It defntly gives a natural look but it hardly shows up. LOL Waste of $4.

As with other Maybelline eyeshadows, the pigmentation and staying power are limited.

But, the colour combination is this quad is fantastic! A whitish highlighter, light taupe, darker brown, and dark red. They work well together.