Maybelline Designer Chocolates Quad

Maybelline Designer Chocolates Quad
Maybelline Eyeshadow Quad - Designer chocolatesEnter TitleEnter Title

3.7

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The quality of the eyeshadow is a bit iffy, maybe a little chalky or something, but applies okay and stays all day. The shades are really nice and my favorite is the crease shade--a mauve-y sparkly pink.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's an ok eyeshadow palette for an everyday look. This palette would be ideal if you're not bothered much with makeup and want something easily affordable and mindless to apply in the morning. The eyeshadows are sheer but still give out an okay payout which makes it impossible to mess up. If you're starting out with makeup I would recommend this but for someone who has many eye shadow palettes then it's something you could go without. I expected the pink colour in the palette to be the main feature but it does come out a tad chalky. It was a little hard to blend out unfortunately.

Conclusion is that it's a palette you could go without and I'd honestly recommend spending your money elsewhere.. unless you can get it on a pretty good deal.

on 8/6/2011 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This quad is OKAY. Its not amazingly pigmented but if you dont mind building up color then it shouldnt be a problem. You will eventually get a nice color payoff. I tend to mix the lid and brow bone color together for my lids. And then very lighty define my crease with the brown color labeled 'outer corner'.
I dont find much use for the 'crease' color just because i dont know how to use the color on my eyes. But it is definetely a nice color. I once used it as my liner for my bottom lashes. I liked it but i still dont use it.
I would only buy this product if it came with just the 'lid' 'browbone' and 'outer corner'.

on 1/12/2011 10:09:00 PM

I was surprised by the lack of pigmentation I found in the crease shade. It is a beautiful rosy brown, but it doesn't come off very strong. While the color it does show on my lids is a nice mauvey color, it's not what the quad is advertising. As with most of the Maybelline quads, the lid and outer corner shades are lovely and have fantastic pigmentation. I plan to wear these every day! The highlight color seems misplaced, as it's a pearly white. I would have prefered a shimmery cream or peach, but maybe they were trying to make it white chocolate? Either way, it doesn't blend well with the lovely browns. The packaging is fantastic, the hinge keeps the lid in position, and the compact is slim and sleek. A nice quad, but don't expect to wear it all at the same time.

on 12/26/2010 4:33:00 AM

Lovely colours.
Stays on for long time without creasing.
Wonderful colours for BLUE eyes. :)
Will repurchase when all gone.
Only bad thing was its around $16-17 aussie dollars.
But will last a long time. <3

on 1/28/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great for a neutral daytime look, although it's not the perfect quad out there.

Color:
The pigmentation isn't as amazing as Chai Latte but with the right primer certain colors colors still pop. The brown and white eyeshadows have really nice pigmentation, but the pink crease color and the light yellowish-brown lid color has poor pigmentation. The lid color barely shows off on my lid, it may work well on darker skintones but on mine it almost appears invisable. The pink crease color needs to be packed on to make the color stand out. It's pretty, but you need to put in a lot of effort to make it work. My favorite part is the highlight color, it's a beautiful shimmery white that is my ideal highlight color. The outercorner brown color I sometimes I use to fill in my brows. This quad is great if you want to appear like your wearing little makeup and you're simply enhancing your eyes. Those looking for drama for their eyes should pass on this quad.

Texture:
Nice and smooth, easy to blend.

Packaging/Price:
As usual the packaging and detail looks cheap and isn't very pretty to look at. That's a minor detail though. The size of the eye shadows are good, and the price is quite nice as you get 4 quality eyeshadows for $5. Also I love the name of the quad, it's adorable :)

Overall:
+ Beautiful daytime look
+ Great highlight color
+ Easy to blend
+ Great price
- Poor pigmentation
- Boring/cheap package design

I love the brown and white shades, but I may just look to see if they come in singles or are included with other trios/sets/whatever, as this quad has left much to be desired. My first review for this was very positive, but I tried it again several times and my results have been lukewarm. It's great for a neutral look, but you can do better than this.

I'm in love with these quads, especially this one! The colors are soo pretty, and I usually end up using them all together, with a cream eyeshadow underneath so they last longer. Whoever designed the packaging is a genius! I love how they have each shadow labeled where it goes, and a picture on the back. It helps a lot, and it also means I don't have to go out and buy 4 different eyeshadows that match with each other. These are pretty pigmented in my opinion, and for me a little goes a long way. LOVE!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this quad! You can make it as natural as you want. Or you can add the dark brown to the outer V to spice it up a bit! = )

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this eye shadow quad even though it's the only Maybelline quad that I've ever owned. I love how the back of the quad gives you directions on where to apply the eye shadow as well as the different looks you can make. I love the white and dark brown eye shadow because they work really well with my skin tone. I always use the white as my highlight and the dark brown for my outer corner. The purplish crease color is okay and the beige lid color hardly shows when I apply it, which is only the downside of the quad. But overall, I think this quad is great for everyday use esp. the brow bone and outer corner eye shadow.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

ooo myyy gosh this is my go to everydayy i love it and its a great everyday look i love how its all labled and even has a little help guide on the back its so cheap but great quality not highly pigmented and 2 colors are matte i do belive but i loooveee thisss so muchhh i reccomend this to anyone