DHC Mild Lotion

DHC Mild Lotion
Mild Lotion

3.6

water/aqua, glycerin, butylene glycol, cucumis sativus (cucumber) juice, pentylene glycol, placental protein, phenoxyethanol, dipotassium glycyrrhizate

on 6/22/2012 12:02:00 AM

I've been using this for years and years. My skin is combo and everything under the sun breaks me out, but I still need to hydrate my skin after I wash it with Cetaphil or it just feels too dry. However, if I put some cream on my skin I will break out. Creams just clog my pores, I guess. So this toner is really a watery lotion for me that soothes my ultra sensitive skin. I use it twice a day and I love it. BTW, now DHC has a mild lotion II. I switched to it because it has more helpful ingredients in it but the first one is fine. I'm really glad I found it, because it helped me through my 20's when I couldn't find anything I liked.

on 5/15/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you are looking for a simple toner this does the job. It is fragrance-free and very gentle. I did not like the fact that it leaves a slight oliy film on my skin though... Probably it helps to moisturise but I think my Fancl lotion is much better... Nothing fanciful about the packaging nor product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Absolutely love this toner. I never apply creams/lotions to my face (unless I'm taking off my makeup with Pond's/I have a rash on my upper lip from blowing my nose too much) but the toner I used during the summer wasn't helping me get through the winter. My mother, an avid DHC fan, gave me a 100mL bottle of this toner and I was instantly in love. I would apply generously once after showering and my face would stay moisturized until I washed my face the next morning. Definitely my go-to toner during the winter (it's too moisturizing for the summer though!).

It's a lightweight toner that moisturizes well. Face is a bit sticky after using it, but it's a good toner for dry months. I see this more of a treatment type toner with good moisturizing property in it. The glass bottle is luxurious but isn't very traveller's friendly (no it won't smash, it's a very thick and heavy glass bottle).

on 9/4/2011 9:09:00 AM

I bought this product from Japan so I did not spend alot on my first (and last) bottle. It really did nothing much for me (thank god) and felt like applying plain water on my face. Therefore I would not buy again.

on 7/1/2011 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I used to use toner back in the 70s when I was an oily faced teen. But now with dry skin I really don't see the point. I love DHC products though so I decided to try several of their toners and see if, as they claim, it helps treatments and moisturizers absorb better. I used this for 4 nights and saw no difference. It didn't make my skin feel smoother, cleaner or anything and I saw no difference in the effectiveness of other products applied after it. For $29 this was not worth it for me.

on 6/24/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have very oily skin but I quiet like this product.
It can be a little too moisturising for those with oily skin, but it doesnt break me out and I dont think it makes my skin extra oily.
I use it with a cotton piece instead of hands to wipe the entire face with mild lotion after I washed my face with DHC mild soap.
It makes my skin feel very soft.
It is winter in my country so it could be different summer time, but so far I dont have a lot of negative thing to say about this product and Im considering buying another one after this bottle finishes.
My pores has minimize a lot and I have very good skin now with no break outs, but I dont know if thats because of the mild soap or this lotion. I just know its one of them!
I used lancome hydra zen face wash,toner, and moisturiser and lotion previously and I found this one much nicer than the hydra zen set (it made my skin very oily).

By the way, I use Mild Lotion II.
I had the sample size of the original Mild lotion (which is slightly cheaper aswell) and I think this one is more suitable for oily skin.

on 6/19/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

ETA: As I've become more familiar with ingredients, I realized just how overpriced this is! It's such a basic, basic lotion that the price-tag is such a slap in the face. Just like their olive oil, which is nothing more than the same stuff used for cooking. There is no cosmetic grade for it, but I digress. Save your money, please.

It's a mild and very moisturizing toner. Right now it's too much for my oily and acne-prone skin, but I'll be saving my travel size bottle for the winter when my skin is drier. If you use too much of the product, it leaves a filmy residue that just sits on the skin, so a little goes a long way. While this toner didn't make my acne worse, it didn't help it either. Overall, I recommend this toner for those concerned about moisturizing their skin. But for those with actual oily skin (I don't mean a little oil on the t-zone - it's normal for skin to produce oil), I would steer clear.

on 3/16/2011 10:09:00 AM

Hmmm.... toss up on this since I've only used it once from a sample packet but I am leaning towards a "Yay" rating. It seemed a little sticky going on and didn't really soak in that fast, especially after I put some DHC cream on top. Although thinking back on it, I wish I would have split the sample of this toner into like 3rds instead of one use. I waited a while in between steps like I usually do and this still seemed to take forever to soak in - I ended up putting my MMU powder onto it before I felt it was completely soaked up. That being said, it really didn't look all that bad but it did feel a little masquey, although this MMU powder tends to do that anyway. I did like how it felt before I put my powder on and I was actually very very impressed with how my face looked like 24 hours later! (University finals week, eek!) Usually, from my MMU powders and lack of sleep, my face end up looking dry with bitty fine lines. After quite awhile after having put this toner on and no touch-ups of makeup, my face looked pretty darned good! It looked supple, moistily plump, like I had gotten a good nights rest and just gone for a run during sunrise, ha. I didn't really realize that my previous skincare routine, using what I thought was pretty quality products, wasn't giving my skin results like this. Because of this, I would definitely like to try this product again! Maybe someone can swap w/ me/donate? 0:^) ...Poor college student here, lol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very gentle, lightly hydrating toner, which I've used off and on for several years now. My main skin concern is acne, and while I need products with stronger ingredients to fight acne directly, this toner complements them beautifully with its calming, hydrating effects. I like to layer an alcohol-free salicylic acid serum over this while the toner is still wet on my face, or a benzoyl peroxide lotion after the toner has dried. The toner never irritates my skin - on the contrary, it seems to form a buffer against harsher products.