REVLON Powder Blush in Soft Spoken Pink

Filtered by skin type : Combination
REVLON Powder Blush in Soft Spoken Pink

3.6

I have to agree that there is nothing special with this blush - the shade, the packaging, everything is so-so. The color is light pink, it looked nice in the store but I had to sweep generously over and over to get the flush I wanted but the good thing is you could never worry about going overboard on your cheeks. My skin did not complain when I used this and the color stayed nicely about 4 hours before sebum and humidity ruled my face.
The brush is the usual bad blush brush that we don't need because it's too small to disperse color evenly and gets brittle easily. Better to lose the brush and reduce the price, maybe?
Oh, but this shade is being discontinued anyway. If you love this shade, you can try Revlon's Oh Baby Pink - quite similar soft pink, similar formula I think, just a new, fancy name.

For someone reason I really like the packaging. But I sincerely dislike the blush... This is so sheer, I am convinced it doesn't contain much pigmentation at all. I have very fair skin and this light shade didn't even show up on ME. It also rubs right off the skin. There is just barely a tiny hint of shimmer in this blush, not enough to wear it, and not enough to make it worth buying.

My husband picked this up for me one day when I had run out of blush (how sweet!). I wear this blush every day. It is kind of a generic pinky shade, but that's ok. Its pigmentation is only ok. It doesn't have much of a smell to it (just a light "it's makeup" smell). I'm in the process of using up a lot of my makeup while I'm switching over the cruelty free drugstore cosmetics. Revlon is kind of murky on the issue (they don't test their products on animals but 3rd parties do). Due to that I wont buy anymore of their blushes, but that isn't a testament on the quality of the blush. I really do like this shade otherwise.

The blush dries out my skin and my cheeks feel tight and dry. The color remains on my face for quite a long time but most blushes do anyways. I rarely wear blush so I would definitely invest in a better blush than use this one and get premature aging on my skin.

on 8/2/2010 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Lovely natural pink blush which comes in a big pan. This blush is buildable which makes it great beginner blush of if you're into the subtle blushed look. I need 2 - 3 layers for colour to show up on my fair-medium skin. Does not clog my pores. After a while of using this blush, it tends to cake up which makes it hard for brush to pick up the powder. I need to scrape off the caked layer using my finger nail every once in a while.

PROS: Natural, soft, cool pink with no shimmer. Great for my N15, leaning to NC, skin. Inexpensive.

CONS: Not an excellent brush, but who cares?

ALTERNATES: For DS alternate: Covergirl Cheekers. HE alternates: LORAC or maybe Bobbi Brown.

Beautiful, natural looking blush on my light-medium cheeks. This is very buildable and blends well. I did trash the freeby brush, and applied with my BE heavenly brush. Very happy and will buy again!!

on 2/9/2010 3:23:00 PM

In brief, I've discovered I prefer this to Benefit Dandelion in most all areas except packaging. I prefer the older packaging of Revlon's blushes better than this current one which allows you to see the product through a clear top. It makes a great product look cheap, imo.

This color is ideal for very fair skins who can easily overdo it on the blush. It is soft and sweet but has presence while still looking natural. Sometimes Dandelion is too light. I apply this with a kabuki brush and it looks like a perfect flush against my ivory skin. Darker complexions would probably not benefit from this. I like that it isn't sparkly and for me it has good staying power.

I'm on my 2nd compact. I love the name and I love this blush! Perfect for that everyday natural look and goes well with my bare naturalle mascara from L'oreal. My only problem with this is that it does not stay on for very long, but that's probably because I have oily skin.

on 11/12/2008 12:43:00 PM

I have been a faithful consumer of this product for some time now. I love the natural color that gives a smooth finish to my cheeckbones. Although I love this color on me, the lasting power isn't so great. I'd have to apply this 2-3 times a day for it to stay on.

I like the packaging as it is easy to carry around in my limited spaced makeup bag. It has a mirror attached to it and comes with a brush, which is useful.

I wouldn't highly recommend this product if you're looking for a long lasting wear but its is affordable and the color looks great.

Popular Blush Products