4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

This is a product that requires very little to do the job! Once I figured out just how much to use this lotion, I started to really love it. At first, I was using three or so pumps and it was making my hair sticky and snarly. It does state on the bottle that this has a light hold to it so it makes sense that if you overdo it, it will become a problem. Now, I only use one pump on my long thick coarse hair. With only one pump, this product does speed up drying time and makes my hair smooth and manageable.

About reviewer (342 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

4 years ago

Amazing! I bought the one in the pink and black bottle. Smooths my hair and smells great! Helped speeds up the time drying hair and made my fine frizzy curly hair soft full and smooth. This product is amazing. Not too mention protects my hair from all the blow drying I do!!!!!! Love it!!!!

About reviewer (271 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

For reference: Fine hair, shoulder length, long layers, some natural wave. This product helps smooth my hair and cuts down on some frizz. It will not add volume to hair. If I apply too much my hair feels a bit greasy or weighed down. I would repurchase. It's a black bottle with pink writing which I'm guessing is the newer packaging.

About reviewer (186 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

My hairdresser used this on my long, coarse hair over a decade ago and, after using it for a few years myself, I fell off the wagon and moved on to newer stuff. When I cut my hair shorter I really never blew it out so I had no use for blow dry lotion. Now that my hair is long again, I've had no luck with other blowout products and picked up a travel size of this to try - to my surprise, it beat out the several other new products I had tried when my hair got long again. It's not perfect (lotion is a lot easier to overdo than spray, for instance) but for now it's the closest I can get.

About reviewer (260 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

4 years ago

August 19, 2015 My hair is thick, mostly straight and past my shoulders. Quite tangled after shampooing and conditioning. The Satinwear works great! I divide my hair and pull half on each side of my shoulders. I put one pump in my hands and rub them together, then I apply from about the middle of my head down to the roots, slightly rubbing my hands together with the hair in the middle and repeat on the other side. My wide toothed comb just glides through my hair and then I blow dry as usual. My hair is very smooth, yet not weighed down with this product. When I first started using Satinwear, I loved it so much I bought a couple of the 16 oz silver bottles with black lettering, which were more economical. I'm extremely disappointed they don't sell these anymore. I'm very nervous thinking I'm going to find a difference when I try the pink bottle...

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

3.0

5 years ago

This product has become indispensable to my hair routine. I find that half a pump to one pump before my blow-dry makes my hair sleek, soft, with considerably less frizz. When I don't use it, my hair is so unmanageable and coarse. When I use more than one pump, however, I find that it weighs my hair down and makes it greasy. All in all, I'm really happy with this product. The trick is finding the amount that works for your hair length and type. For me, a little goes a huge way. UPDATE: Had to change my rating to 3 stars because the new formulation just doesn't work as well. Yes it dries faster and slightly sleeker - but it weighs down my hair. Nowhere as good as the old version!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlack

1.0

6 years ago

If you ever intend to buy this product after going through all the raving reviews but can only find the pink bottle version, I strongly advise you not to make the purchase. I have never tried the silver bottle version (as pictured above) so I don't know if the formula has been changed or it just doesn't suit me. However, the one I bought is an absolute nightmare. I would apply one pump of this and smoothed it onto my damp hair and proceed to blow drying it. Each time, I would end up with sticky straw-like hair. Is this what Redken meant by silky luxury?! Because I ain't feeling it! The previous Redken product I bought was their Real Control Thermal Resist and that left my hair feeling sticky, too. Dear Redken, sticky is not the same as silky! Son, I am disappoint.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

6 years ago

(I don't know if the formula was changed but I bought the bottle with the new black and pink font packaging.) I have thick/dry hair and the first time I tried this product my hair was ok..nothing spectacular. The second time I tried this...it left my hair hard like as if I'd applied glue-and worst of all it dried it out and now its very very frizzy and it looks very damaged. Worst thing I have ever used on my hair... No I would never ever recommend this to anyone! even if this was being given away for free...

About reviewer (227 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

from

6 years ago

I really love this stuff! I've tried so many products, and most of them just left my hair greasy and dry, but this makes my hair smooth and so soft (I can't stop touching my hair). The smell is flowery, and it lasts very long. I washed my hair this morning and I can still smell the flowery/soapy scent. And the best part is, I can even let my hair air dry with this product, and still have straight and shiny hair. I actually didn't blow dry my hair today to see if it would work, and it does. So I can skip blow drying my hair, and only blow dry it when there's a special occasion and I want it to be pin straight. I'm really happy I tried it, and I will definitely repurchase once I run out!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

7 years ago

This stuff is AMAZING. Seriously. I've been looking for a heat protectant that actually works, and this really does. My hair felt so soft and frizz-free after blow drying. Officially an HG. Can't wait to tell my sister to try it!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool