Joico Silk Result Straight Smoother

No Image

4.3

Purified Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Steartrimonium Chloride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glyceryl Sterate, Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Cationic Triamine Complex), Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Triamine Complex), Hydrolyzed Silk PG-Propylmethylsilanediol, Hydroethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-10, Zea Mays (Corn) oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Red 40, Yellow 5, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/16/2011 1:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

It's an okay product, just not for me. I feel like I'm applying glue to the hair. After a night in the city my hair was literally one big bundle! Like felt! It was horrible to get out the next day and I feel that is partially caused by this product.

If you wanna try a nice one, try the Tresemm one, that one I'll stick with.

on 2/20/2011 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I wish I found this sooner. I recently just started to care for my hair. So I'd spend a lot of money on hair products. This one leaves my hair feeling smooth and soft. I put a small amount on my damp hair. Then used a blow dryer to dry it about 50% then hit it with the cold button until dry.I love the feeling it leaves my hair. I will be repurchasing this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I got this ironically at the Dollar Tree. Since it was a buck I wasn't going to be too pissed if it didn't work. In the past, I never had much luck with blowdryer cremes or serums. They either leave my hair brittle or leave a gross residue on my relaxed hair. Surprisingly this product did neither *to a degree*. I used one squirt since my hair is now in a short bob a la Rihanna *not quite but I like to think it is lol* and applied it evenly through my hair. I proceed to blowdry my hair as normal. Since I use the blowdryer sporadically, I left my hair around 30% damp to prevent dry hair. So far my hair is holding up. My hair wasn't crunchy or hard. There was some residue, but it was liveable. Hence why I took away the one star. Yesterday I used this creme and I accidentally added two squirts to my hair instead of one and yuck, the flakes abound. But this product did help smooth out the waves in my hair and made my hair not poofy as it normally does when I blowdry my hair.

on 9/3/2010 9:31:00 AM

This product was just okay. It's always a bonus when a product doesn't make me too greasy but I didn't find that it smoothed my hair enough. I have rebellious curly hair that I straighten now because it's short, so easy straightening is a must!

I *wish* I got this at the dollar store like the reviewer below me, I paid $13ish and bought this product on a whim. I avoided using styling products for years (fear of hair-crunchyness leftover from my teenage aquanet days) but recently set out on a mission to make my hair look better. This has been a dream for my fine, color-treated, damaged hair! It smooths so well and my hair is so shiny. This plus CP's shine sweetie conditioner equals the best looking hair I've ever managed to have :)

on 10/5/2009 11:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

LOVE THIS! It smells wonderful (husband noticed and commented on it) and does exactly what I wanted it to. My hair is short, naturally wavy, and currently color treated (darker). I often need to blow-dry it straight and needed a product that would protect it from heat, help with styling, and add shine/hold. This product does all of those things wonderfully, and a little goes a long way. I don't even need to get out my Chi when I use this. I was almost never able to replicate that "salon blowdry" look, but I pretty much can when I use this stuff. It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and not at all sticky.

on 1/8/2007 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is a godsend for thick, dry hair! I have alot of very thick hair just past my shoulders and I actually received a small size of this in a kit along with the shampoo and conditioner...let's just say I was more than happy to find it on sale for 2.99 :) I'd advise you only use a little bit though or it could weigh you down. But other than that warning this stuff seriously makes my hair silky! My ends are normally very brittle and after using this it feels like I just got a trim, I'd definately recommend this!

on 10/3/2005 6:58:00 AM

I received a generous sample of this from a sweet swapper who must be a mind reader, b/c I was dying to try this (big fan of Silk Results shampoo and conditioner). This is a creamy lotion that use prior to blow drying. I used about a nickel-sized amount on my mid-back length hair, and after blow drying, my hair felt soft, silky and shiny. I would purchase a full-size bottle when my huge sample runs out.

on 10/24/2005 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This made my hair feel sticky and even more coarse.

on 12/5/2005 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this product. It helps straighten my hair when I blow dry it. Instead of wiry, dull, dry hair, I end up with silky hair with a nice sheen to it. This is one of the best blow dry cremes I have ever tried. I reccommend the entire line -- especially the flat iron spray.

Popular Styling Products