Aveeno daily firming moisturizing lotion

Aveeno daily firming moisturizing lotion

3.7

on 12/28/2008 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't believe in so-called firming lotions and creams but I was hanging out at CVS one day last summer and feeling depressed about my saggy skin after losing a bunch of weight and I bought this on a whim. For those of you who remember, the fragrance is EXACTLY like Avon's Cellu-Sculpt lotion. There's no mistaking it and I remember because I thought Cellu-Sculpt smelled nasty. Anyway, I kept using Aveeno Daily Firming not because it works (of course it doesn't) but I got lazy after running out of my regular Aveeno and starting using the firming lotion. What do you know it works just as well as original Aveeno in keeping my skin soft and smooth and I think I must've gotten used to the fragrance because it doesn't bother me anymore. Aveeno has been the only thing that has kept my KP under control and my skin is baby smooth as long as I keep using it. Daily Firming is a little richer than original Aveeno although oddly enough, it's not thicker or creamier. Consistency is noticeably different and of course the fragrance is unmistakable.

Tried this product on a "whim." So far I am benefiting from use of this lotion as hand therapy. It is moisturizing my hand and elbow area nicely without being to greasy. I agree with the other reviewers that a little goes a long way. I think it's definitely worth the purchase. I have eczema that travels to my hand area and this has actually improved it along with healing the spots of eczema. No other lotion has helped in this area like the Aveeno has and that is a HUGE PLUS! It has caused no adverse skin reactions, no breakouts, irritation or otherwise unwelcome reactions. And just an "FYI," I have extremely sensitive skin, hence the eczema being a big problem for me. I would recommend this product if you have any of the issues that I've mentioned above.

I picked this lotion up as a "desk lotion" to keep at my desk at work. I'll admit that I didn't really want it for any of its advertised "firming" properties - it was just the first thing I grabbed! This was purchased about two weeks ago.

While it does firm the skin somewhat, the firming effect can make your hands end up feeling drier than before you applied the lotion. You also have to watch out for over-applying - one full pump was FAR too much for me, and I had to spread it all over. Over-applying also increases the "drier" feeling.

Also, even though the scent is quite faint, it's still unpleasant and sour-smelling. The lotion seems to linger on your skin, too... I licked my finger while flipping through a catalogue and EWWW! It was definitely the taste of "Active Naturals" on my hands.

Basically, feel free to try it if you're desperate for a firming lotion, but I'd say avoid it anyway. There's more pleasant stuff out there, even if it is for a higher price.

on 4/22/2008 11:15:00 PM

Ok, yes I would repurchase, it has improved the texture and look of my skin in just a couple of weeks, that is encouraging-

However, as a daily moisturizer, if you have dry prone skin like me ( and I'm at the beach everyday, or in the pool) it WILL NOT cut it.

Now I know to use it before bed, but something much more moisturizing during the day after my shower. Otherwise it left me all ashy and gross.

on 12/5/2007 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pretty cool product. It shares the GHK-Cu (a kind of polypeptide) with Neutrogena Visibly Firm skincare line. After two weeks of using, the body skin has changed so much. Thanks to its excellent moisturizing and hydrating function, I can have a comfortable dry winter.

on 9/27/2007 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for about a week and a half. I use it as my hand lotion after I wash my hands many times per day, and rub the excess up my arms and shoulders. It spreads very easily and doesn't take much to do the job. I don't think this is going to take care of really dry skin. But I like the effects from it as far as helping skin texture. The scent isn't too bad, sort of a soapy smell, I guess. It could be worse. I even use this on my face some. I only wish it smelled nicer. UPDATE: I had to stop using this now that cold weather is here, it's just not moisturizing enough for me. I might repurchase when warmer weather comes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

I've used this product on and off switching between other brands. This lotion doesn't seem to moisturize my skin very well, actually making it more dry in my opinion. No difference in firming but I doubt anything out there can really firm up the skin.

on 10/29/2005 10:53:00 PM

i have been using this product for about 3 weeks- i use it all over, including my face and haven't been disappointed. my face and neck have not broken out and the texture seems to have improved.. as in becoming more firm. i can't really tell a difference anywhere else right now. but i notice it takes care of itching dry skin quite well. i have been extremely happy with this.

this is my new HG body lotion. I can't testify to the firming part yet, because I've only used it about 2 weeks, but it sure moisturizes well. I have really dry legs, especially in the winter and this lightweight lotion makes them smooth as silk. I even have a small patch of eczema on one leg and it takes care of that. Only about $6.00 a bottle at Walmart.

Popular Lotions / Creams