MILANI Even-Touch Powder Foundation

MILANI Even-Touch Powder Foundation
Even-Touch Powder FoundationMilani Even tone foundationEven-Touch Powder Foundation

3.7

Not tested on animals

Talc, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Nylon 12, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

Great powder foundation. My skin is too oily for any time of bb cream, it's either full on foundation or a powder for more natural. I've always used Clinique which I still love but for the price this can't be beat. My favorite no makeup look is a little concealer under eyes and on blemishes, set those areas with this powder using a sponge, lightly buff in the powder everywhere else with a foundation blurring blush, throw on some bronzer blush and dewy setting spray and my skin looks flawless but without looking like I'm wearing any makeup. Lasts all day but you can touch up without looking cakey as well. Shade range is lacking but for drug store I can forgive that, fresco is perfect for my light to medium neutral skin. Highly recommend

I really love this powder foundation. I bought an expensive one this week and THAT made me realize what a gem this is. I had been using it over foundation and it was fine, but I prefer to use it alone. the super expensive one I purchased made me realize this Milani one is so much better because it has a slight glow to it and you don't look dry and powdery...I never use the sponges that come with powder because it can be too much, but with this powder, if you want coverage at all, you will have to use the sponge. i do use a small amount of tinted moisturizer and let it really set and blot with some tissue paper prior to putting on this powder to keep the oxidizing to a minimum. it does oxidize a bit but the expensive one was so much worse. This kept me naturally matte ALL DAY....i moisturized first of course. And I applied some concealer to some spots but I really loved this better alone than over a foundation. It may have looked a little powdery at first, but it melted into my skin and looked better as the day went on. I LOVE IT!
i have aging skin and don't want things settling in lines and this did a great job at not doing that. i have the color 01 Shell which is pretty good for my NC 15 warm skin. This powder is NOT CAKEY>>>.>.>even if applied heavy so not sure why the bad reviews. For ten bucks, its wonderful and I'm probably not going back to liquid foundation again. It won't give you full coverage, but it gave me as much as a liquid and it lasted longer and didnt fell gross at the end of the day.

This stuff is horrible! Absolutely no color at all and the applicator is highly inefficient. Perhaps this could be used as a transparent oil blotting powder, at best. Do not waste your money! You can buy cheaper oil blotting powders, which is basically all this is. Extremely disappointed! This is my second purchase from this brand and both have been a huge disappointment. I think perhaps this just is not a good brand of makeup.

on 8/25/2017 1:38:00 AM

I turned 3 shades darker with this powder,it claims to have a medium coverage but I would say about a light to medium coverage if built. But if you build it up your face looks super cakey. I wore this one day out and my mom made a comment saying I wore too much makeup that day and it didn't look nice keep in mind my mother knows zero about makeup so overall this product kinda sucked. OH but it kept me matte

on 5/3/2017 8:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this powder foundation. I have it in natural, and the color is perfect for me. No, it won't give you a medium coverage, I like that it stays sheer enough to even out any redness, but still see my freckles. It reminds me of the powder foundation by Lancôme that you could supposedly use wet or dry. If you like a light coverage, ease of use, and have good skin, this works great!

on 4/18/2017 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was so excited to try this after reading such great reviews about it. This powder was supposed to provide a medium coverage with a matte finish. I got the lightest shade 01- Shell.

Well- let me say that I was SORELY disappointed once I tried it. Very little to no coverage. The sponge was hard and dense and made it difficult to pick up any product onto it. So I tried to use the real techniques expert face brush which picked up only a little more product, however it did not make a great deal of difference. I was so put off that it immediately went straight in the bin.

PROS:
- Beautiful gold packaging.
- 01- Shell was a good shade match for me.
- Cruelty free.
- Affordable.
- Decent amount of product at 12g.

CONS:
- Very hard and dense sponge which hardly picked up any product.
- Little to no coverage. Only showed up on my skin when I really packed on a LOT OF IT. Even then it made little to no difference.
- Formula very chalky and difficult to work with and blend.
- Patchy and clings onto every dry spot.

Overall an incredibly awful powder, one of the worst ones I have ever tried. Save your money and avoid this like the plague!!! There are way better powder foundations out there.

Did the formula change or something? All these great reviews said it provides medium coverage, so I went out and got it at Walgreens. What a mistake--on a scale of 1 to 10 coverage is probably 2. I will say this- it is a great setting powder over foundation. Not powdery at all and it's finely milled. Sets foundation well, but no coverage! They should market this as setting powder and nothing more. To call this a powder foundation is very misleading.

on 1/23/2017 4:20:00 PM

I haven't posted any reviews as of late but this product is so bad it warrants a warning. This week was my first-ever purchase of a Milani-brand powder and I have to say that it is more of a let-down than I have experienced from a powder compact of any kind. The product title describes this as "Milani Even-Tone Powder Foundation" but mine says "Even-Touch". I'm not sure if that designates a change in name, formula or both. The product comes in the same type of packaging pictured (gold compact). There is nothing particularly foundation-like about this powder. Worse, it is the least-spreadable powder I've ever used. I kept sweeping the foam applicator over the pan but the "foundation" sunk into the foam applicator more so than it did my skin. When it did apply, it was hard to distribute. Perhaps it would be easier with a brush, but I bought this for my handbag for quick touch-ups on the go. It's possible this product would spread better over perfectly dry skin. But if you use a moisturizer, sunscreen or a BB cream — or just have oily skin — it simply doesn't spread well.

Two months before I bought this, on a lark, I purchased a dollar-store cream-to-powder foundation by Aziza. It's not really a cream at all but a powder that does, indeed, apply much more like a foundation (in that it offers actual coverage). Unfortunately, the Aziza product had sold out everywhere I looked and so I bought this Milani Powder Foundation instead. The coverage is scant, at least in the color I purchased, "01 Shell". I wish I had not discarded the packaging before I tried it for the first time. It is a complete waste of ~$8. I have never used such a bad (non-spreading) powder in my life. Wet 'n Wild makes a better product, as does the no-name brand Aziza.

on 6/14/2016 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

I picked this up as an alternative to MAC Studio Fix, as there is no longer a MAC counter where I live. I wear this over Olay's CC cream for everyday wear, and it gives solid medium coverage; I still use concealer for the undereye area and any bad spots. For full coverage, I layer over a liquid foundation. I am impressed with how finely milled the powder is, and how it easily blends over my dry spots. Although it doesn't control oil longer than a few hours, it wears well throughout the day; no oxidizing, patchiness, or settling into lines! I will absolutely repurchase. For reference, I wear shade 09 Natural Tan in this powder, Ivory Beige in ELDW, 2+ Sand in Sisley Phyto Teint, and NW30 in MAC during the summer.

on 2/13/2016 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder foundation; I used it all the time when I was younger. By itself, the coverage is not much; like my acne scars and post acne marks are still kind of visible. If you use it as a setting powder though, I find it gives a more flawless finish.
I like to keep things as natural as I can, and this powder is great for that. It starts out matte, but gets shinier as you go through the day, so you'd definitely need to touch up or blot, especially if you have oily skin like me. I love that the shade matches me perfectly (I have the shade Fresco). Although I've branched off and have started using more liquid foundations, I always keep one of these in my makeup drawer.