Milani Even-Tone Powder Foundation

Milani Even-Tone Powder Foundation
Milani Even tone foundationEven-Tone Powder Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Talc, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Nylon 12, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 1/23/2017 4:20:00 PM

I haven't posted any reviews as of late but this product is so bad it warrants a warning. This week was my first-ever purchase of a Milani-brand powder and I have to say that it is more of a let-down than I have experienced from a powder compact of any kind. The product title describes this as "Milani Even-Tone Powder Foundation" but mine says "Even-Touch". I'm not sure if that designates a change in name, formula or both. The product comes in the same type of packaging pictured (gold compact). There is nothing particularly foundation-like about this powder. Worse, it is the least-spreadable powder I've ever used. I kept sweeping the foam applicator over the pan but the "foundation" sunk into the foam applicator more so than it did my skin. When it did apply, it was hard to distribute. Perhaps it would be easier with a brush, but I bought this for my handbag for quick touch-ups on the go. It's possible this product would spread better over perfectly dry skin. But if you use a moisturizer, sunscreen or a BB cream — or just have oily skin — it simply doesn't spread well.

Two months before I bought this, on a lark, I purchased a dollar-store cream-to-powder foundation by Aziza. It's not really a cream at all but a powder that does, indeed, apply much more like a foundation (in that it offers actual coverage). Unfortunately, the Aziza product had sold out everywhere I looked and so I bought this Milani Powder Foundation instead. The coverage is scant, at least in the color I purchased, "01 Shell". I wish I had not discarded the packaging before I tried it for the first time. It is a complete waste of ~$8. I have never used such a bad (non-spreading) powder in my life. Wet 'n Wild makes a better product, as does the no-name brand Aziza.

on 6/14/2016 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

I picked this up as an alternative to MAC Studio Fix, as there is no longer a MAC counter where I live. I wear this over Olay's CC cream for everyday wear, and it gives solid medium coverage; I still use concealer for the undereye area and any bad spots. For full coverage, I layer over a liquid foundation. I am impressed with how finely milled the powder is, and how it easily blends over my dry spots. Although it doesn't control oil longer than a few hours, it wears well throughout the day; no oxidizing, patchiness, or settling into lines! I will absolutely repurchase. For reference, I wear shade 09 Natural Tan in this powder, Ivory Beige in ELDW, 2+ Sand in Sisley Phyto Teint, and NW30 in MAC during the summer.

on 2/13/2016 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this power; it's basically all I ever use. I love that it's not too heavy, yet still gives me the coverage I need. I have some acne scars, and this product covers them fairly well. By itself, I find it starts to wear off after a while, but if I apply some concealer under it then it stays put throughout the day. I've been using this for years now, and it's definitely the best powder I've tried so far. I'm not really into all the brand name stuff, and when it comes to make-up, I think that less is best. I like to keep things as natural as I can, and this powder is great for that! It looks natural but simultaneously gives good coverage and evens out skin tone. One of my favorites for light every day makeup!

on 12/2/2015 10:52:00 PM

Meh. Im about halfway through this and will not be repurchasing when its empty. Its perfectly fine...although I get pretty much zero coverage from it. I only dust a sheer layer with a brush though. No pizzazz with this one. Shine control...also meh. However it doesn't do anything gross for me like cake, get patchy or break me out. Fine but not great. Next!

on 9/2/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i use this as a powder and it's great! i have EXTREMELY OILY skin and this can keep me non-oily for about 4-5 hours. It might not seen like a lot but for us oily girls, this is a long time.

on 4/9/2015 11:30:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product. I really did, but it disappointed me so much. The first time i applied was with a flat top brush as i seen it on YouTube. I mean it does have great coverage, but after a couple of hours that day it was really patchy. I was walking around with patchy skin and basically no makeup because it wore off. NOTE: I'm in school from 8-11am"
Well anyways, i decided lets give it another try like a month later, to see if it was maybe just my skin. Well the second try oh no it was worse. My skin felt dry after applying. It was cakey and you can see the make up. It was just horrible. However i did like the scent. It smells like baby powder in a way.
Pros: Medium-Full Coverage , Smells nice , light , soft
Cons: Flakey, cakey , Not durable, Just horrible for me

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this on and off for a year or so now and have been on the fence - but I think I've ultimately decided I like it. It's inexpensive and looks really natural. Not a lot of coverage, but can be built up for more without looking cakey or powdery. The lasting power is good compared to other powders I've tried.

I switched to Laura Gellar Balance n Brighten for a few months but I switched back to this because it's a much better color match for me. I use the lightest shade, Shell, and it's perfect. I use this with an Elf powder brush and press it into my skin, then I use a fluffy concealer brush to cover redness under my eyes and around my nose. I like that I can use a light, sheer coverage if I don't need a lot of coverage (and I don't usually need a lot of coverage, aside from redness), but if I want a fuller coverage, I have to use A LOT of product, which I don't like.

The lasting power seemed better compared to the BnB - I was pleasantly surprised when I went to remove this late at night & there seemed to be a lot of product coming off on my makeup wipe. With the BnB, it seems to be worn off by the time I go to remove it.

I want to try other higher end powder foundations, but for the price and color match, I'll likely keep purchasing this as my everyday & travel foundation between trying others.

on 3/5/2015 3:07:00 PM

Now that I read through my review, I think I make it sound worse that it probably is. It just didn't work out for me I guess. It's not got amazing coverage, unless I packed it on at which point it got chalky and very powdery looking. It accentuated my pores as the day wore on. The staying power wasn't great either. Not to say this was terrible, but it was just okay. The other problem I had was that after about 2 weeks I had already hit pan! Maybe I concentrated my brush too much in the center, but now I have a hard time getting the product on my brush as I have to scrape around the edges. I'm not crazy with it either, I don't use too much that I would run out that quickly. By comparison, my CG simply powder pressed powder foundation lasts like two or three months before I get to that point.The packaging was pretty, but a little bulky. I think I'll pass next time BUT i would recommend that you give it try if you are into powder foundations, you have a light hand, and you aren't particularly oily. The shade range was small, but like, universal oddly.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Surprisingly good for a drugstore foundation. I like the coverage, light to medium. It evens out some acne scarring (you would still need concealer for fuller coverage). I like this powder for everyday use; when I don't want to waste my expensive stuff. The only downside is that it doesn't last...womp womp. But you get what you pay for. I apply it with a big fluffy brush for light coverage or a Kabuki brush or sponge for fuller coverage.

on 1/3/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So this is a light to medium coverage powder foundation. like to apply this with my flat top kabuki brush because it just give a nice even cover and i sometimes use their puff to set my concealer but not with my foundation because this alone can be used as foundation. This is a product in my opinion when you dont wanna go full out glam and just need a little pick up. This would also be for girls just starting out with makeup and dont want to go out the hardcore stuff or if you would think youre too old (which i dont know why you would think that) would wear this. It wont clog your pores (well for me), has the light weight feeling, and obviously im gonna repurchase.