4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I live in Canada. I have suffered more chapped lips in my lifetime, let me tell you. For years I used Vaseline, which did provide some relief but took a couple of days to cure a really bad case of the chappies. I picked up some Blistex in my twenties and this stuff CURED MY CHAPPED LIPS AT ONE APPLICATION. I was dumbfounded at this stuff. Now, as soon as I feel the onset of a case of the chappies I apply this ointment and I DO NOT GET CHAPPED LIPS. Crazy as it sounds I haven't had chapped lips in years and years because of this stuff. This ointment, in my opine, is just short of a miracle. Worth every penny I've ever spent on it - and I suppose that's quite a but since I've been using it for twenty years!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

8 years ago

I've been buying this for years and have tubes everywhere! My lips dry up easily and I get cold sores, this product saved me lips many times. The packaging sometimes opens at the seam if it bended for a long time in a pants pocket or something, but overall good quality.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

from

Love this stuff.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

8 years ago

I always re buy this amazing "medicine". My lips easily dry out, and bleed.. so I need something medicaded to solve the problem. This is the only thing I wear in winter. Its AMAZING and keeps my lips soft and healthy. ladies, PLEASE use it!

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

9 years ago

I received a deluxe sample of the Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment, and the first thing that hit my nose was the strong medicinal smell. It reminds me of childhood scrapes and the antiseptic cream used to treat those scrapes. The ointment itself is thick and creamy, and has a strong, tingling sensation, when applied to the lips. However, my tongue would go NUMB every time that I accidentally licked my lips. Coupled with the strong medicinal smell and taste, this is a huge no-no. I'm glad this was a sample so that I could try the product out for free. Will not re-purchase.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2.0
from

9 years ago

My mom buys packs of glysomed from costco, and I guess it was on sale and came with this lip ointment. My mom first tried it and then didn't like it, I figured I'd give it a try. As someone also said, this is a lip OINTMENT, perfect for those who have really chapped lips. I don't, my lips just get insanely dry. Therefore it stinged when I applied it, and the smell is terrible. Would not repurchase.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesOther

9 years ago

The words on the package, "medicated ointment," are important. This is not makeup. This is medicine for chapped lips! I would never wear this under lipstick or lip gloss. I use this when my lips are in need of serious pampering. I am on the telephone 6 to 8 hours a day at work and talk endlessly to visitors and coworkers, thus end up with chapped lips, especially during the Wisconsin winters I so dearly love. Ugh. This stuff works. It does not taste good. It does not smell good. It heals my lips so that they will look beautiful the next time I want them to.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

9 years ago

This product just refused to work with my skin. The opaque shade of white was overpowering and made my lips look streaky. There is a medicinal odor that doesn't appeal to me. At first, it made my lips supple but after three more uses, small but painful bumps rose around my lips. When I stopped using this for two days, it cleared up and wanted to try it again- same reaction. I got it for 3.99, and it was not worth any penny. The slanted tube- although innovative, is too slanted. It made a mess when trying to apply it. It doesn't even look like a lip balm, it just looks like foot cream to be frank. I will not repurchase ANY of blistex's line because most of the lip products have SPF. I'm allergic to the reaction that takes place of chemical sunscreen and blockage of the UVA/UBA rays. Unfortunately that means, limited time in the sun, ABSOLUTELY no beach days unless I'm covered with sweatpants and a hoodie with huge sunglasses.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

9 years ago

This is the ONLY lip treatment that heals my always dry and cracked lips. It's not one of these waxy lip balms that just sits on top, b/c it's an ointment it sinks in and 'quenches' your lips. I was on accutane years ago and b/c of that I have permantly cracked lips..anyone who's been on 'tane will testify to how miserable it is to constantly have cracked, and sometimes bleeding, lips. I wish I would have known about this then!! I can't live without this now!

About reviewer (260 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

This is the Best Sore Lip Repair! I've been using it on/off for about 10 years and just picked up another tube. It's not an everyday lip balm but better if you have cold sores, or cracked, dry lips that need some TLC. I put this baby on my lips and within a day, they feel normal again. Between this and Carmex, my lips always stay healed and moisturized, especially during the brutal winter months. Highly recommend this product over any other medicated lip treatment.

About reviewer (352 reviews)

Age36-43