Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment

Medicated Lip Ointment

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Camphor (0,5%) Phenol (0,5%) Menthol (0,6%); >Mineral oil, petrolatum,lanolin,mixed waxes,water.

on 1/7/2017 10:03:00 AM

I've been sick for what feels like forever, and my lips have been so peely and gross from all the coughing. Ugh. I've tried every lip balm I've had lying around and nothing has helped, so I picked this up from the grocery store. Thank god, my lips are starting to feel normal again... whatever's in this is working. Lifesaver

on 11/28/2016 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So if all the other chapsticks in the world fail, this would be my final chapstick I'd go to because no matter how severely chapped my lips get in the winter/fall, if I put this on over my peeling, dried, chapped lips, this will work. I've put this on the night before bed and woke up with supple hydrated lips. This works miracles. I only go to this if basic chapstick isn't cutting it. If this chapstick failed me, I'd probably have to see a doctor.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

An extremely powerful treatment for dry, pained lips. I think raving reviews boosted my expectations for this product to impossible heights, but that doesn't mean it isn't still effective! Just don't expect it to immediately reveal a plump, velvety pout.

It's helpful as a nighttime treatment, but even cautious amounts cast a sheer, white film on my lips. I wouldn't wear this out for that reason. It's far too slippery and thin for me to imagine it layering easily under lipstick, too.

I don't really think this is intended to gently hydrate averagely thirsty lips. It's a potent, tingling medication for those times when your lips start flaking and cracking. It's soothing and healing more than it is moisturizing, essentially.

As for the packaging, the little white tube definitely makes it clear that it is an ointment. Its slanted tip makes application fairly seamless and the hole in the top dispenses a satisfyingly controlled amount of product. I'll repurchase, but this isn't what my lips will rely on throughout normal days. I'll undoubtedly turn to products with yummier scents and cute colors.

on 10/3/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my second in line HG, to dr. dan's cortibalm.
- very moisturizing
- long lasting
- makes lips seem plumper
- better than carmex, eos, burts bees,

cons
- leaves an oily film
- creates white gunk at corners that needs to be wiped off

Awesome product. I use at least a couple times a week at night to keep my lips hydrated. If ever I forget and the weather or air conditions make my lips super chapped, using this a few times a day for 24-48 hours works miracles.

Yes, it goes on white but if you apply and let it sink in, you can also put a lip color or gloss on top. It's not really meant for everyday all the time use but I do t see why not.

Packaging is just ok, and you do have to usually rub in with your finger but this is the holy grail of all lip moisturizers and cure for dry, chapped lips.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Just the greatest all around lip product. It rapidly heals chapped & dry lips, heals and soothes and cools sun burned lips, also cools and soothes lips when applied right out of the shower and is a nice lip gloss, too. Feels great on the lips, the gloss is long-lasting. I wear it every day in winter, alone or under my lipstick. If I could only have one lip product for the rest of my life I'd give up all the other things and only have this. Greatest thing ever for lips.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is the best lip balm/medication I have ever used. I have tried it all - Blistex, Vaseline Brand, Chapstick, Nivea, Eos, etc. they have all been mediocre in comparison to this. I am a smoker and sometimes the heat from my cig hits my lips and actually burns them (gross, I know) and it leaves me with horrifying cracked lips. It's actually painful and nothing else seemed to help out. Until I tried this. I bought this for like 1.30$ at my local Wal-Mart and the second I put it on - I had instant relief. My lips literally started to tingle and cool and it completely made the terrible cracking and chapped feeling go away immediately. I use E.L.F's lip exfoliator and get rid of all my dead chapped skin and then I put this on. I recommend letting it soak and trying not to eat etc while it absorbs. I am so happy I tried this!

on 3/6/2015 1:04:00 AM

Highly recommend this! my lips got soooo dry this winter and this saved me. I put it on after I Exfoliate and before I go to bed and makes my lips good as new. I also put a small amount of this on about 10 min and key it dry, before I put on a drying matte lipstick to keep my lips hydrated underneath

Smells bad and applicator pointless. End up having to use your finger. A little too greasy too!!

I started using Accutane about 4-5 months ago. With this you get very dry lips and it can be hard to treat. I have to constantly apply lip balm just to keep them from drying right out. I use this product at night and find that it does a good job keeping my lips relatively moist during the night. It isn't a good product for day time because it goes on white and stays white until it is absorbed. It is a pretty good price and has a decent amount of product.