3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

I have very sensitive dry skin and rosacea so decided to give this a try to see if it would help calm some of the redness. It didn’t. It stung and actually made my face more red and slightly inflamed. My husband, who has an odd combo of dry patches and oily areas, used this just so we wouldn’t waste it. He didn’t especially like it but he didn’t have any trouble with it either.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

3.0

2 years ago

Updated: I gave it another chance and it worked. It seems like my skin needed time to be adjusted to this cleanser. Another thing if your are on Retin A or other strong acne treatments try to avoid it or use it but in a very small amount. Cons: irritated my skin, broke my skin out, turned my face bloody red, and a total waste of money. I’m already on the budget and I thought why not. Ponds and Nivea turned to be cheaper, nicer, and more gentle than this garbage although their ingredients list seems really harsh but I never experienced any burning sensation maybe they are a little bit drying and I always needed a moisturizer afterward but that is it. I really miss my Skinmedica cleanser ):

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

Pros: rinses squeaky clean, clear, odourless, non irritating, relatively cheap, handy tube packaging, possible brightening effect Cons: gel formula is a bit slimy in feel (biggest drawback for me), the large opening in the tube means I inevitably squeeze out more product than I need This product doesn't foam, which is fine, but seems to take off all my makeup (I wear tinted moisturiser, powder, blush - nothing long-wearing or waterproof). I really don't like the slimy texture of the gel upon application, but it does rinse off quickly and completely, which surprised me. My skin can sometimes be oily, especially in T-zone and I haven't noticed this causing any breakouts. Overall a very good cleanser at a nice price point, but the slime-factor means I would reach for something else at the market.

About reviewer (189 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

3 years ago

This cleanser does the opposite of what it promised me. It makes my skin burn badly after using. It's quite unbelievable because the cleanser feels so calm, so smooth on my face.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

3 years ago

Very pale, very sensitive skin, prone to redness on my face, neck and chest. This took off my makeup well, my face felt clean, but irritated my skin and made me as red as a lobster! The exact opposite of it's claims. I'm disappointed in the fact it's a Eucerin prouduct, which I adore all of them that I have ever used. Religious user of their extra thick AHA lotions. This stuff is a rip off at $10 a tube ar Walgreens. Complete crap. Reminds me of waterless bathing gel I used to use on patients at the hospital, in smell and texture. Avoid this.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Eucerin Redness Relief is a gel formula cleanser, somewhat thick and not particularly smooth in consistency. It is fragrance-free, but has a noticeable, inoffensive scent that is natural to the ingredients. It has been difficult to find for me--I have only seen it in one local store, and it is not one that I go to frequently. The price is decent for the size of the package, but I found that I had to use quite a bit of product to get full coverage of my face and neck. I found the cleanser to be soothing for times that I have slightly irritated skin. It is somewhat drying on any typical day, perhaps best for normal to slightly oily or slightly dry skin. Taking into account that I usually double cleanse, it really shone as my second cleanse on days when my skin tended toward normal / oily, and fell at bit short at times when my skin was super oily. It took me a while to figure out the best way to use this cleanser, and once I did, I found I liked it quite a bit. I learned that if I squirted a blob of the product in my hand, then "emulsified" it between my hands with a small amount of water, it turned into a lovely, smooth and slippery gel-cream that I could gently massage over my face and neck without tugging skin. The product has very little lather, even when used in this way. Overall, I would repurchase in a pinch, but I didn't find Eucerin Redness Relief to be among my favorite cleansers. Regardless, it is a very nice product that is worth trying.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

Very good face wash that removes makeup , cleans gently and does not dry skin out. Great for rosacea and overall face wash. Good price compared to Clinique redness solution. However, some days when air is dry, Clinique Redness solution cleanser is more moisturizing.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

4 years ago

This Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser irritates my skin and cause redness. My cheek and lip burn after using this cleanser.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

4 years ago

Oh Eucerin, I love you so. I have mild rosacea and my mum actually found this and suggested I try it, and I'm so glad I did. I have extremely dry (although not sensitive) skin, and this cleanser is just perfection for me - it's so gentle, I have definitely noticed a slight decrease in my cheeks' redness, and it doesn't dry my skin out at all. I like to apply this to wet skin, gently rub in, and then I actually use my soft exfoliating brush and gently go over my skin in circular motions before rinsing it off. There's really not much more I can say - it has no scent, it is super gentle, and it does what it says. Packaging wise, it comes in a generously sized plain tube, and I've found that a little goes a long way. In fact, one tube has lasted me eight months, making it quite cost effective. I can't find a single negative thing to say about this cleanser - I have been so pleased with it, and will definitely repurchase!

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

5 years ago

I was on the hunt for a non-foaming gel cleanser made for sensitive skin as a dupe for Trader Joe's Nourish All-in-One cleanser (I was in a state that doesn't have any Trader Joe locations), and I landed upon Eucerin's Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser. I was pleased with the texture, and the price was good, but this product inexplicably made my cheeks burn. I had to immediately wash it off and apply some aloe vera to counteract against any visible effects. It didn't affect my oily T-zone the same way, but my cheeks are normal to dry and sensitive. If I needed a targeted cleanser, I would use this product just along my T-zone, but I already use the excellent Gly/Sal 5-2 cleanser for treatment. In a cleanser, I look for a product I can use all over my face. I would not repurchase.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24