Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser

Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser

3.5

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycyrrhiza Inflata Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone 4.

on 7/28/2017 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cleanser does the opposite of what it promised me. It makes my skin burn badly after using. It's quite unbelievable because the cleanser feels so calm, so smooth on my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very pale, very sensitive skin, prone to redness on my face, neck and chest. This took off my makeup well, my face felt clean, but irritated my skin and made me as red as a lobster! The exact opposite of it's claims. I'm disappointed in the fact it's a Eucerin prouduct, which I adore all of them that I have ever used. Religious user of their extra thick AHA lotions. This stuff is a rip off at $10 a tube ar Walgreens. Complete crap. Reminds me of waterless bathing gel I used to use on patients at the hospital, in smell and texture. Avoid this.

on 5/24/2016 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser irritates my skin and cause redness. My cheek and lip burn after using this cleanser.

on 4/23/2017 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Eucerin Redness Relief is a gel formula cleanser, somewhat thick and not particularly smooth in consistency. It is fragrance-free, but has a noticeable, inoffensive scent that is natural to the ingredients. It has been difficult to find for me--I have only seen it in one local store, and it is not one that I go to frequently. The price is decent for the size of the package, but I found that I had to use quite a bit of product to get full coverage of my face and neck. I found the cleanser to be soothing for times that I have slightly irritated skin. It is somewhat drying on any typical day, perhaps best for normal to slightly oily or slightly dry skin. Taking into account that I usually double cleanse, it really shone as my second cleanse on days when my skin tended toward normal / oily, and fell at bit short at times when my skin was super oily.

It took me a while to figure out the best way to use this cleanser, and once I did, I found I liked it quite a bit. I learned that if I squirted a blob of the product in my hand, then "emulsified" it between my hands with a small amount of water, it turned into a lovely, smooth and slippery gel-cream that I could gently massage over my face and neck without tugging skin. The product has very little lather, even when used in this way.

Overall, I would repurchase in a pinch, but I didn't find Eucerin Redness Relief to be among my favorite cleansers. Regardless, it is a very nice product that is worth trying.

on 11/7/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Oh Eucerin, I love you so.
I have mild rosacea and my mum actually found this and suggested I try it, and I'm so glad I did. I have extremely dry (although not sensitive) skin, and this cleanser is just perfection for me - it's so gentle, I have definitely noticed a slight decrease in my cheeks' redness, and it doesn't dry my skin out at all.
I like to apply this to wet skin, gently rub in, and then I actually use my soft exfoliating brush and gently go over my skin in circular motions before rinsing it off. There's really not much more I can say - it has no scent, it is super gentle, and it does what it says.

Packaging wise, it comes in a generously sized plain tube, and I've found that a little goes a long way. In fact, one tube has lasted me eight months, making it quite cost effective. I can't find a single negative thing to say about this cleanser - I have been so pleased with it, and will definitely repurchase!

on 10/22/2016 10:07:00 PM

Very good face wash that removes makeup , cleans gently and does not dry skin out. Great for rosacea and overall face wash. Good price compared to Clinique redness solution. However, some days when air is dry, Clinique Redness solution cleanser is more moisturizing.

on 4/9/2014 9:47:00 PM

Jensetter below my review said it! ITA with her experience.

The consistency is like a gel, no real lather, gentle, non-irritating cleanser. I'm a real snob for texture and effectiveness and while I keep feeling I can do better somewhere out there in my search for an HG face wash, I keep returning to this one.

Not drying on my fair skin with dry cheeks. Washes off all my makeup with very little effort, even my mascara in seconds without even rubbing! Never dries my skin, never loses effectiveness over time, just straight up terrific face cleanser. One of these days I may well stop looking and just settle for this tried and true workhorse. I've spent so much friggin $ on high end cleansers and been disappointed-- too creamy, too minty, too drying, smells bad, etc.

I love it, I really do. When I'm wishing for a squeaky clean, I'll do my st Ives green tea scub after this and viola! I actually don't have a bad thing to say about it. Plus the tube is 6.8 fl oz., plenty for your money. If you're dryish and want a super "soothing" cleanser that'll remove your makeup too, give this a shot. I'm so glad I did.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So disappointed! This 'redness' relief product actually CAUSED redness for me. I've been using CeraVe Foaming cleanser and was looking for a cleanser that didn't foam up in order to get away from detergent but I will go back to that IMMEDIATELY. So unfortunate. I don't have rosacea but do tend to react to certain products and something in this is NOT agreeing with my skin. Many rave about it so for many I'm sure it's a good product. But if you have sensitive or rosacea prone skin, I would stay away.

CeraVe Foaming cleanser takes off makeup and doesn't cause the redness that this causes for me.

on 6/17/2015 3:09:00 AM

I have sensitive skin (prone to redness, itch, cystic acne) and I find most cleansers too drying for me. I really like this gel cleanser because the gel feels luxurious, my face feels clean after washing and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight after. I bought it from iHerb.com and find that it's really value for money for the big tube of cleanser.

This was much better than the Eucerin DermatoCLEAN range (I tried the cleansing milk and gel) that is too drying for me and smells yucky in my opinion.

on 7/18/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was on the hunt for a non-foaming gel cleanser made for sensitive skin as a dupe for Trader Joe's Nourish All-in-One cleanser (I was in a state that doesn't have any Trader Joe locations), and I landed upon Eucerin's Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser. I was pleased with the texture, and the price was good, but this product inexplicably made my cheeks burn. I had to immediately wash it off and apply some aloe vera to counteract against any visible effects. It didn't affect my oily T-zone the same way, but my cheeks are normal to dry and sensitive. If I needed a targeted cleanser, I would use this product just along my T-zone, but I already use the excellent Gly/Sal 5-2 cleanser for treatment. In a cleanser, I look for a product I can use all over my face. I would not repurchase.