LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer

LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer

4.2

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Aduki Beans, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

After being a fan of the now discontinued Aqua Mirabilis, I decided to finally give Buffy a try to see if I would like it as much - and I do! Buffy is a lot more exfoliating than Aqua Mirabilis, which is great during winter when my butt and thighs need a little more attention, however those with very sensitive skins may find the exfoliation a bit too rough for their tastes. Buffy has a very neutral scent, which means that it does not clash with any shower gels or soaps you may be using, or any lotions which you apply afterwards. It isn't fragrance free, it just has a clean, fresh and mild scent. It is very inoffensive. Buffy also has moisturising qualities, and it leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth after the shower, which means I can skip applying lotion on the areas which I've used Buffy. This product has also lasted me a lot longer than I expected. I thought it would melt quite quickly, but this actually isn't the case. I simply step out of the stream of the water once my skin is damp, then rub Buffy in a gentle circular motion on my skin. I then put Buffy in a soap dish outside of the shower, never letting it come in contact with the hot water. I also store Buffy in the fridge between uses which increases the product's life span. I really like this product and would repurchase.

I like this alot. I dont have to put lotion on after using it in the shower and its great for exfoliating my legs and elbows. My only issue is it does not last long for the price.

To Read all 497 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/29/2015 8:19:00 AM

Unfortunately, this is one of the worst products I have ever used. Not only does it leave a thick, grimy film on the skin which is much too dense to pass as hydrating or in any form silky-fying. It just sits on top of my skin, feeling suffocating, even after rinsing with warm water, so that I feel the urgent need to lather up again to remove it. Also, I find that this doesn´t do a good job as a scrub. It rather scratches the skin unevenly, feeling very uncomfortable and in some places really too harsh. I will never buy this again.

Hello there. So I've read a lot of review of Buffy and I was very skeptical to buy it because the reviews read that it used up very quickly. I'm here to put that to rest (for my situation at least). Buffy is not intended to be completely submerged in hot water. It is supposed to be in a cool place. I could see how Buffy would quickly disappear when it is used completely drenched in anything but cool water. I use Buffy before I shave and I use it dry on my wet skin and it exfoliates very well. I make sure not to get it very wet but despite its dryness, it doesn't cause me any pain. I have had the small Buffy for about 4 months now and it looks like it has barely been used. The pros of this product are its smell, its look, its exfoliation, and its lasting. The main con I have with this product is the price. It just seems kind of pricey and its not really a product for everyday use. It is more like a luxury bath treat. I hope this was helpful.

This is my holy grail exfoliator and by far favorite LUSH product. It has a pleasing but not too overpowering scent (I'm usually put off by most of LUSH's scents because I'm so sensitive to strong smells) and it exfoliates like no other. The downside is the packaging (or lack thereof) since it doesn't come with a container and you can't really just leave it in your shower because it's too slippy... you can buy the tin to keep it in but the tin is really too small for this bar. Also, I think it's a little too pricy for what it is, and it really doesn't last that long, but I'll keep repurchasing because it's one of my favorite products to use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was one of the first Lush products I ever used when I was really into the brand a few years ago, I haven't bought many products from them for a while, but recently saw this and picked it up for nostalgias sake! However, regular use in the shower has really been helping my keratosis pilaris and as someone who is very lazy about moisturizing after showering, I find that after using this I can actually get away without applying any body lotion. I usually rub the bar between my hands and then smooth them over my legs/arms, as I find the course grains sometimes a little too abrasive though.

bought this out of sheer impulse, so i wasn't sure what to expect at first, but i love this product! i've found it easiest to just cut off very thin slices from the block-- thin enough to crumble, actually-- and then let it soften a little in water right before using it. you only need a very small amount per use, so doing this helps me draw out the shelf life much longer, more than enough to justify the price. smells great, exfoliates well, and leaves my skin super soft from morning 'til night.

on 4/26/2015 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dry and sensitive skin, and this scrub does the job well without discomfort. My skin is smooth and hydrated after I've used Buffy. It leaves a layer of oils on your skin, but i like that since I can just lightly pat of the excess-moistuire with My towel after taking a shower. After i've used this (during summer/spring) there have been no need to Apply bodylotion for me, which is really Nice. but during the harsh Winter in sweden, i think it might be necessary to hydrate My skin even more than just using Buffy. Yes, i Will buy this again!

on 4/24/2015 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

amazing

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

love it. it's a fantastic exfoliator, that not only sloughs off dead skin, but provides luxurious moisture in the form of Shea Butter and oils. It's a solid bar with little almond shells that are revealed when you get it wet. it's rough but it feels amazing when you rub it all over and after you rinse it off your skin is soft and not at all greasy. store it properly!