LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer

LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer

4.2

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Aduki Beans, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

on 11/6/2017 10:45:00 PM

This is my favorite body exfoliator. This summer I purchased Rub, Rub, Rub while vacationing in Las Vegas and was pleasantly surprised by its effectiveness! I can’t tolerate the smell (I will save that rant for a different review though) and wanted to find a more gentle exfoliator. I had heard great things about Lush Scrub Bee, and was disappointed that it was currently sold out. The salesperson said that Buffy is the true gem of The Lush line and assured me that it is safe for even the most sensitive skin. Buffy has a subtle lively scent and leaves my skin feeling as if I’ve covered my skin in lotion prior to stepping out of the shower. You do have to purchase a small tin to store the bar so it doesn’t “melt” in the shower, but I’m a fan of a product that is essentially free of packaging. I will certainly purchase again soon!

on 11/6/2017 9:33:00 PM

love it.. wish it wasnt so expensive

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

well i hate to be a dissenter on this one. i got this in a gift set and so badly wanted to like it, but, not so much...
the pros: it smells amazing. it has a buttery, warm scent with the Lush hippie esque element, which i just so happen to love.
it is moisturizing and leaves my skin soft.

cons: SO scratchy. borderline painful. i have sensitive skin and im pale, and this left my skin red and irritated. a body scrub should be a pleasant experience, not make you wince.
the moisture aspect is a double edged sword, its softening but it leaves a film that attaches itself to your towels and clothes as well. i also felt i still needed lotion after, which defeats the purpose.
overall, i enjoy Lush products, but this one is just no bueno. they have far better, less painful scrubs.

on 1/17/2017 11:38:00 PM

This was the first body scrub from Lush I tried. It is an effective exfoliant for sure. I used it all over my body but especially legs and bikini area before shaving. What I did not like was how heavy the moisturizing component was. My skin is not SUPER dry so the cocoa/shea butter just sat on top of my skin. I felt like it never really absorbed and I just felt greasy. Eventually I started washing with soap again after using and that's when I decided I wouldn't rebuy this. A good concept and someone with very dry skin may like it more than I did. But since I wanted to rinse off all those butters anyway, I decided to just get a regular scrub.

I also felt the bar broke apart fairly quickly and it was hard to use in small pieces. But it is a pretty good value for a Lush product especially. The smell is also light.

on 2/16/2017 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This has become one of my winter go-to products. I won't usually use it EVERY time I shower, but every few showers is definitely helpful to my skin during winter. I liked the scent, I found it kind of lemon-cake like but not strong or lingering. It's definitely a heavy moisturizer that needs to be worked into the skin if you're not particularly dry, and even on my dry skin I find it a bit too heavy for summer. I like to use it before bed or when I know I'm going to be wearing long sleeves and pants all day, I end up with super soft skin and love it.

My only complaint is that I usually take lukewarm showers, and unless I crank the heat up at the end of my shower to melt the bar I find it hard to warm it enough to work into the skin. On the plus side it doesn't melt unnecessarily when it's sitting unused in my shower caddy!

on 5/14/2017 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A little too moisturising - it doesn't really sink in to the skin and feels a little greasy. Decent exfoliator though.

on 7/29/2015 8:19:00 AM

Unfortunately, this is one of the worst products I have ever used. Not only does it leave a thick, grimy film on the skin which is much too dense to pass as hydrating or in any form silky-fying. It just sits on top of my skin, feeling suffocating, even after rinsing with warm water, so that I feel the urgent need to lather up again to remove it. Also, I find that this doesnt do a good job as a scrub. It rather scratches the skin unevenly, feeling very uncomfortable and in some places really too harsh. I will never buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After being a fan of the now discontinued Aqua Mirabilis, I decided to finally give Buffy a try to see if I would like it as much - and I do! Buffy is a lot more exfoliating than Aqua Mirabilis, which is great during winter when my butt and thighs need a little more attention, however those with very sensitive skins may find the exfoliation a bit too rough for their tastes. Buffy has a very neutral scent, which means that it does not clash with any shower gels or soaps you may be using, or any lotions which you apply afterwards. It isn't fragrance free, it just has a clean, fresh and mild scent. It is very inoffensive. Buffy also has moisturising qualities, and it leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth after the shower, which means I can skip applying lotion on the areas which I've used Buffy. This product has also lasted me a lot longer than I expected. I thought it would melt quite quickly, but this actually isn't the case. I simply step out of the stream of the water once my skin is damp, then rub Buffy in a gentle circular motion on my skin. I then put Buffy in a soap dish outside of the shower, never letting it come in contact with the hot water. I also store Buffy in the fridge between uses which increases the product's life span. I really like this product and would repurchase.

I like this alot. I dont have to put lotion on after using it in the shower and its great for exfoliating my legs and elbows. My only issue is it does not last long for the price.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am in love with the sugar scrub bar from LUSH, but this one totally takes it up a notch if you struggle with dry skin. The bar is made of fair trade organic cocoa butter, shea butter, rice, almonds and beans for exfoliating, The bar last a ton longer than the sugar scrub they have, but this one is for people who struggle with dry skin. At the end of the shower, have a go with this, rinse off, and your good to go, no lotion necessary,