3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

I’ve become very addicted to self tanning this summer. I use the hardcore self tanners about twice a week and they make my skin from the neck down dry as parchment and I have to moisturize three times a day minimum. So I figured I’d try this to augment my already super dark DHA tan (nw20 in winter, nw30 in spring (naturally), up to nc43 with faux tan). I guess it is prolonging the tan, but what I especially like about it is that is is SUPERRRR moisturizing on me. Like, way more so than almost any lotion or oil. Even straight up coconut oil or the most emollient cream put on damp skin. This put on even dry skin keeps me moisturized for HOURS. That alone has had me re-buying multiple tubes of this. Oh, and I hate the bigger pump bottle. It’s a PITA. Stick with the smaller tube it’s way easier to get it all out. I’ve tried firming and I don’t know why I have no cellulite and I’m sure there’s no difference anyway. I’d never get anything but the darkest one. Will consider using without the heavy hitter tanners in wintertime just for moisture alone and see how it performs color wise on my pale skin. I’ll update if I remember.

About reviewer (389 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

9 months ago

This is a pretty weak self tanner. Doesn't give me much color at all, even after a few applications. Also, it smells about as good as three day old road kill. It smells horrible when you put it on, and you can even smell it a couple days later, even after bathing multiple times, if you sniff where you've applied it. It's just awful.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

from

2 years ago

Gives a nice subtle tan. You won’t see it right away though. You’ll probably see it after the second day. The third day you’ll have a nice subtle tan. I would buy again. If you’re new at self tanning and you’re afraid to try something instant and very pigmented then this will be good for you since it gives you a subtle tan little by little. It won’t stain your hands you can apply without gloves. It legit looks like a regular moisturizer.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I love this stuff... I am naturally pale but my arms get pretty dark, it's just always been very hard for my legs to get color for some reason. but this stuff doesn't leave me orange or streaky, it's just a very pretty tan color.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2.0

3 years ago

I remember disliking this product many years ago but due to the good reviews it has maintained, decided to try it again. I am not sure why this is so highly touted. I'm going to try to stick with it, but I am already regretting my purchase... 1. The smell. My sheets reek of the unpleasant odor that this transforms into. I can't even describe what it smells like, but it's the same cloying odor I remember when I used to use it. 2. Sticky. It left my skin feeling tacky and sticky if I pressed my legs together, especially during the summer when you are most apt to use this and you may be a little hot to begin with. 3. After 3 applications, I'm not impressed with the color. I have olive skin and it really did not do all that much to deepen my color. I can also still see veins and marks on my legs. Not to mention that the color it did deposit seems to be a bit on the orangey side rather than the tan color I turn naturally. Not exactly "Trump orange" but enough to dissuade me from continuing to lather it on, in fear that I will end up looking like him by the end of the week. Too much drama when I could just sit in the sun for a few hours - seems it might be worth the risk.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I would repurchase but I'd get the bottle with the pump. I wasn't sure if I'd like it so I got the squeeze tube. Anyways, I use this as an in between tans moisturizer. I self tan with st tropez or whatever I have about once maybe twice a week and use this every few days after I shower. It keeps my tan up, i haven't noticed streaking. I got the medium tan version. Since I am already self tanner when I apply this I can't comment on it's color alone but it really helps keep up my tan and leaves me nice and even. I'd recommend!

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Can't believe the bad reviews! I use a moisturizer BEFORE applying this stuff and it is great! Very subtle colour in fair shade which is perfect, if like me, you are scared of self tanners.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBlond

3 years ago

My favorite tanning lotion, looks fantastic as long as you get the correct shade

About reviewer (21 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3.0

3 years ago

I'm new to self-tanning. I decided to explore it because I never have. Summer is coming up and I have insanely pale legs. I don't like the idea of sun-damaging my skin so I have started my self-tanner journey with this product. By the second application it had visibly made my skin a couple of shades darker. Then, by the third application, I went into different lighting and realized it was turning me quite orange in certain spots, especially. I actually really like the smell of this. It isn't particularly pleasant but for some reason I like it. The biggest problem is that it turns me quite orange. I am very pale to begin with but I have warm undertones. It clings on to patches pretty hardcore too, even though I exfoliate and moisturize heavily. (I moisturize my "dry patches" with pure shea butter) So far my tanning experience has been slighly frustrating because I have patches of skin around my hip area where there are stretch marks and it tans extremely unevenly, no matter how much I exfoliate or moisturize. That is certainly not the fault of the product. Overall, this product seems to be decently moisturizing and it works like it is supposed to. It did give me noticeable color after only two applications. However, the color it gave me doesn't really work for me, unfortunately. Other than the color, I had a pleasant experience with this. Who knows, I may come back to this for "maintenance" if I find a tanning mouse I like. (So far, I've only tried LA Tan and it was not good...) Maybe the color will "mix" better on top of something else. I'm going to continue my search for a self-tanner that gives my skin a natural glow.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

This is my all time favorite self tanning product. This review is speficially for the medium to tan version of this product. I tried the light one and it did nothing in terms of tanning my skin, but this one is simply stunning. There isn't a single thing that I would change about it. It's a great price for a self tanner, no issues with the packaging, it's a very gorgeous natural light bronze tan, no orange tones, no streaking, easy application, looks good in all lighting, it doesn't stain clothes, it has a nice scent, it's moisturizing, it fades evenly without patches, it can easily be layered for buildable color, very natural looking and it's great for any time of the year. If you are looking for a super dark tropical looking tan look elsewhere, but if you want the most beautiful natural looking tan that looks like your skin but better then this little baby is a gem!

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinCombination