Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer - Medium to Tan Skin Tones

Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer - Medium to Tan Skin Tones
Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer - Medium to Tan Skin Tones

3.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff... I am naturally pale but my arms get pretty dark, it's just always been very hard for my legs to get color for some reason. but this stuff doesn't leave me orange or streaky, it's just a very pretty tan color.

on 7/28/2017 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I remember disliking this product many years ago but due to the good reviews it has maintained, decided to try it again. I am not sure why this is so highly touted. I'm going to try to stick with it, but I am already regretting my purchase...

1. The smell. My sheets reek of the unpleasant odor that this transforms into. I can't even describe what it smells like, but it's the same cloying odor I remember when I used to use it.

2. Sticky. It left my skin feeling tacky and sticky if I pressed my legs together, especially during the summer when you are most apt to use this and you may be a little hot to begin with.

3. After 3 applications, I'm not impressed with the color. I have olive skin and it really did not do all that much to deepen my color. I can also still see veins and marks on my legs. Not to mention that the color it did deposit seems to be a bit on the orangey side rather than the tan color I turn naturally. Not exactly "Trump orange" but enough to dissuade me from continuing to lather it on, in fear that I will end up looking like him by the end of the week.

Too much drama when I could just sit in the sun for a few hours - seems it might be worth the risk.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I would repurchase but I'd get the bottle with the pump. I wasn't sure if I'd like it so I got the squeeze tube. Anyways, I use this as an in between tans moisturizer. I self tan with st tropez or whatever I have about once maybe twice a week and use this every few days after I shower. It keeps my tan up, i haven't noticed streaking. I got the medium tan version. Since I am already self tanner when I apply this I can't comment on it's color alone but it really helps keep up my tan and leaves me nice and even. I'd recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Can't believe the bad reviews! I use a moisturizer BEFORE applying this stuff and it is great! Very subtle colour in fair shade which is perfect, if like me, you are scared of self tanners.

My favorite tanning lotion, looks fantastic as long as you get the correct shade

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm new to self-tanning. I decided to explore it because I never have. Summer is coming up and I have insanely pale legs. I don't like the idea of sun-damaging my skin so I have started my self-tanner journey with this product.

By the second application it had visibly made my skin a couple of shades darker. Then, by the third application, I went into different lighting and realized it was turning me quite orange in certain spots, especially.

I actually really like the smell of this. It isn't particularly pleasant but for some reason I like it.

The biggest problem is that it turns me quite orange. I am very pale to begin with but I have warm undertones. It clings on to patches pretty hardcore too, even though I exfoliate and moisturize heavily. (I moisturize my "dry patches" with pure shea butter)

So far my tanning experience has been slighly frustrating because I have patches of skin around my hip area where there are stretch marks and it tans extremely unevenly, no matter how much I exfoliate or moisturize. That is certainly not the fault of the product.

Overall, this product seems to be decently moisturizing and it works like it is supposed to. It did give me noticeable color after only two applications. However, the color it gave me doesn't really work for me, unfortunately. Other than the color, I had a pleasant experience with this.

Who knows, I may come back to this for "maintenance" if I find a tanning mouse I like. (So far, I've only tried LA Tan and it was not good...) Maybe the color will "mix" better on top of something else.

I'm going to continue my search for a self-tanner that gives my skin a natural glow.

on 7/23/2015 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I HATE the Jergens Natural Glow line. These lotions smell AWFUL. And the people who wear them regularly, I'm sorry, stink, unless they wash the stuff off. And after weeks of smelling horrible, and offending the noses of everyone in a six-foot-radius, you have (drum roll) a tiny bit of yellowish color that...DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A TAN. Neutrogena stinks, too, like you just had a perm. In fact, it's possible that it smells worse than this. I hate them both.

Not only would I never buy Jergens again, but I begged a co-worker to stop using it because it gave me a headache, and everyone who stood close to her desk noticed the smell because she wore it daily. I actually used my own pocket money to buy her a spray from Au Courant that smells like candy. She got better color from the Au Courant spray and only had to use it 2 or 3 times a week.

The color of the Jergens builds up gradually but it builds up the most on your joints (knuckles, knees, ankles) and never looks even, and never looks like a real tan.

You'd be better off buying something that produces better color that has a color guide (temporary bronzer) and then mix it half and half with a regular body lotion that smells amazing (fruit or vanilla or something edible). If you do that, you'll get a better application (you're cutting the intensity of the DHA and you still have the color guide to show you if you are messing up application) and if you mix it with lotion that isn't self-tanner, you can get the "gradual" effect you want.

Brands that don't stink:

Au Courant
Jan-Tana
Xen-Tan
Fake Bake (The spray smells great. It only gave me LIGHT color. I wanted darker color, so it wasn't dark enough for me, but if you're used to Jergens, it'll be dark enough for you. )

Look for products that smell like coconuts or berries or even bananas.

This is my all time favorite self tanning product. This review is speficially for the medium to tan version of this product. I tried the light one and it did nothing in terms of tanning my skin, but this one is simply stunning. There isn't a single thing that I would change about it. It's a great price for a self tanner, no issues with the packaging, it's a very gorgeous natural light bronze tan, no orange tones, no streaking, easy application, looks good in all lighting, it doesn't stain clothes, it has a nice scent, it's moisturizing, it fades evenly without patches, it can easily be layered for buildable color, very natural looking and it's great for any time of the year. If you are looking for a super dark tropical looking tan look elsewhere, but if you want the most beautiful natural looking tan that looks like your skin but better then this little baby is a gem!

on 9/4/2015 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Just finished a bottle, it was in a pump. I love this stuff for a very natural, gradual fake tan. Nothing too obvious or orange, just adds nice bronze color. Very moisturizing. Smells pleasant. I use with a tanning mitt and it goes on great.

I'm on day one of using jergens natural glow self tanning lotion and it goes on so smoothly! It smells alright, and makes my skin soft! Even though I see no results yet I'm sure I will in a few days! I was just wondering if anyone else was having any issues with the lotion beading up after applying and letting it dry? About 30 minutes after I applied the lotion I rubbed my shoulder and tons of little beaded clumps started gathering and falling off and I rubbed several other places where I apploed and it did the same thing! Is this normal? Will it effect the tanning process? Should I try to return this tube and get another one?