TiGi Bed Head Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray

TiGi Bed Head Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray

4.2

on 2/20/2016 9:16:00 PM

I took a chance and bought this in a 2-for-1 pack when I couldn't find my beloved Samy Skyscraper. I wanted to use it for a couple of weeks before reviewing. I really wish the scent wasn't quite so strong but otherwise this product is a fair dupe for what I get with Samy. It provides good hold and body that lasts and I've experienced both over-crunchiness, stiffness, as well as brushable, movable hold days, so I'm still playing with how much I need to use.

I like I am able to control the spray with the nozzle. I can press down lightly and it comes out gently and lightly for building body, or I can press down fully to get the maximum spray for all over hold. Use over time has dried my hair a bit, and overall I think it's just a tad too strong for my fine hair. Also I just don't need the hyper-happy pineapple smell. Good h/s, but maybe not an everyday one for me.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I cannot get past the sickly sweet candy smell of this hairspray. The fragrance is strong and competes with any other scent you are wearing. This does add shine to the hair but it is more of a "wet look" shine than an actual gloss like shine. It does make my fine hair feel dry and crunchy. Does not act like a strong hold or add volume for me.

To Read all 96 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/26/2015 2:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this product. A little bit goes a long way which makes the price seem not so bad. It easily brushes out and doesn't leave your hair feeling full of product. It smells amazing, kind of like sweets or pineapple which is more than I can say for any other hair sprays I have used. I would buy and buy again!

on 8/4/2015 11:16:00 PM

I love this. I don't use this to fix everything in place like I always thought was the point of hairspray, but more as a styling product. I find that if I spray this all over my longish wavy hair after air drying, and then scrunch/comb my hair a bit, it gives it body and defines the waves. I wouldn't say it adds a lot of shine, but it does help reduce my frizz. It's pretty unobtrusive for a hairspray--the scent is light and my hair is still soft and natural-looking after I use this. I think you would have to spray A LOT before your hair started to get crunchy or sticky.

on 3/25/2015 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to use after I use the flat iron, to keep my bob haircut in place.
I didn't want a hard hairspray because I wash my hair every other day and I don't like to go to bed with a helmet on. So it is ok regarding this aspect.

It doesn't cause any flakes, as other cheap hairsprays, nor did it make my hair sticky.
I didn't see any shine added to my hair (but my hair is kind of healthy and has its own shine).

I won't buy it again, because I feel there must be a better product out there.

I quite like this hairspray, as it does what I expect it to do: help to lightly hold my flyaways in place or help keep volume in my hair (at the crown/root) or help hold when I curl my hair. I have a lot of fine, straight, long, blonde hair and it works well for me, provided I just use a little bit. A little goes a long way. A lot would provide additional hold, surely, but will also leave hair a bit crunchy (at least my fine hair). To be honest, I don't often use hairspray so, I've not a lot to compare it to, but from the ones I have tried, I prefer this one. The bottle is cute & the scent is sweet and fun (as most TiGi/BedHead).

on 11/30/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Really nice hairspray. Adds incredible volume (especially when you first spray it on - your hair poofs up in front of your eyes) and has as good of a hold as any. Does make your hair slightly crunchy and stiff (but no worse than others).

While I like it and it's the best formula to date, I am still looking for that perfect hair spray that provides all day hold and body with no crunchiness or stiffness. I like my hair to feel completely natural with lots of movement if possible so my search continues.

on 10/23/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This hairspray wasn't anything special at all. I assumed it was going to smell great, it being by Tigi and all....nope. Smells like regular hairspray. It doesn't add much of a shine either. The hold is a little too strong for my preference. I dislike how it sprays out. It goes on a bit heavy, no fine mist. I haven't noticed any white flaking which is good. Not impressed with it though, and now I'm stuck with a huge bottle of the stuff. I'll use it up. Won't be repurchasing.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I do like this hairspray-- in fact, even though I'm always up for trying the next thing in hopes of finding THE ONE-- I find that I keep coming back to this--- so maybe it is THE ONE after all. I have shoulder length straight fine hair that goes limp if you even look at it funny. Bedhead Masterpiece provides good hold and shine without giving me helmet head. Haven't ever noticed any white flakes. Provides good volume at the crown. Large can, lasts a long time. The smell is pleasant. I am taking one lip pie off because I usually have issues with the nozzle clogging-- have to rinse it frequently, and I wish the spray could be a little finer.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this hairspray because my stylist used it in her own hair and it smelled great. I'm a huge sucker for good smelling hair products, especially hairspray since it's the last thing that goes on. Well, the smell might be great in short whiffs, but I'm sad to say it ended up being overwhelmingly sweet when it was in my own hair. That, however, was not the deal breaker for me. What killed it was the residue it left. I was wearing it to an event and during the car ride there I checked myself in the visor mirror...holy crap! I had a fine white dusting of flakes all up in my roots! I tried finger coming and patting my hair to no avail, there were thousands of them! I just hope nobody noticed. This probably wouldn't be a problem on lighter hair, but since I have chocolate brown hair it's not going to work for me. So surprising since this is such a highly rated product. I'll be returning it to Ulta.