Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil

Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil

4.1

on 7/27/2017 3:15:00 PM

Light, fresh with solid longevity. Yes, please!

on 12/14/2016 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Top Notes: Green Mango, Grapefruit
Heart Notes: Calamus, Lotus
Base notes: Sycamore, Frankincense

This is a very green scent and considered a unisex perfume. Considering my husband bought a second bottle for me and requests I wear it during the warmer months, it's been a favorite. I would not consider this a good winter fragrance, and I would suggest one doesn't over spray as this has pretty good projection power and will last all day. I prefer the Après la Mousson, over this one, as this perfume tends to have a bit of a sour note within the first hour of wearing, but that eventually tames down.

on 8/9/2015 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't know why but this smells absolutely horrid on me - my mom described it as cat pee. Just another reminder to always test a scent before buying!

I've always been one to collect perfume and although I have a few tried and true favorites, I love discovering new ones.

My mom bought me this one as a gift and it was definitely love at first scent.

It is light, breezy and fruity. A summery, beachy smell that makes me happy. It's isn't cloyingly sweet, lasts long subtle and pretty. I will be buying it again when I run out and I love that it isn't a scent that many have discovered.

on 10/8/2015 10:04:00 AM

I absolutely adore the lemon in this fragrance. Sweet but fresh. A definite must for hot, summer days. Stays longer too than other citrus colognes. I will always have this in my collection.

on 11/26/2016 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am a fan of vintage fragrances, and the modern ones i like (Guerlain pamplemousse, Frederic Malle, Serge Lutens and Andy Tauer are acquired tastes. . . And, while Elena is no doubt a genius, I am not really a fan of his work for Hermes. (I do like Elenas work for Frederic Malle, namely Angelique sous la Pluie and l'eau d'hiver). So, i am perhaps not the target audience for this fragrance.

Bright, aqueous (i overdosed on Davidoff Cool Water decades ago, so aqueous notes no longer appeal), fresh. the main ingredients reference citrus, but i get more of a chemical smell. (Citrus normally goes slightly candied on me; i cannot wear Goutals Eau du Sud). If you want a juicer, sweet, non controversial citrus, that is more fruit forward, I recommend the moderately priced orange sanguine or, if vintage doesnt bother you, Hermes orang vert.

To me, this smells like upscale shampoo clean and duty free scents.

Impression wise, its seems almost inspired by routnitskas (i am butchering the spelling, apologies) diorella, or Patou's colony, but without any of the hard to wear interesting bits, but for modern mainstream department store taste.

If i want a clean, fresh innocuous scent, I reach for Bulgari green tea.

This is billed as unisex. I am a women who happily wears men's fragrance, and IMO this skews feminine.

Two stars because it is well crafted but not to my taste and somewhat ordinary for its price.

I absolutely love this perfume. I do not have a sophisticated nose and I have no idea about the base notes but I love how it smells both in the air and on my skin. Minus one lippy because it doesn't last much more than half a day so I have used my bottle so quickly! Still worth it for me because I am very fussy with perfumes and absolutely hate anything vanilla or especially 'girly' smelling.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The top notes are a gorgeous mango enriched with bright citrus and soft lotus floral in the background. The drydown is honeyed, balmy, a little waxy. The whole thing is dreamy, beautifully done and I can tell its expensive, as its complex and well rounded. However, the drydown is a but is a bit to cloying/amberish for me - what a shame! Lasting power is average, around 4 - 5 hours on me. If you want a longer lasting one from the series try Un Jardin sur le Toit, that lasted me all day.

on 9/24/2013 11:16:00 AM

This perfume was really exciting for me because I was able to smell some of the wonderful notes that people here talked about (even better on the second application), and it was a scent that really did change and evolve over the course of the day. It was also very different from anything else I have tried at this time.
It had the pleasant green fruit, grapefruit, and mild citrus aroma right at the beginning, but that mostly faded with drydown. I was in the car for drydown the first time I wore it and while I was enjoying the smell, I kept noticing a different (but still very pleasant) perfume smell and wondering if I somehow smelled it from someone else in another car! Of course it was me. This scent morphs into a pleasant powder scent on me and remains there for most of the duration. This is probably the same as the clean, soapy, or fresh shower smell that others noticed. The other notes only peek out now and then after the drydown until it is almost gone, and then the powder scent becomes less noticeable. I'm not sharp enough or familiar enough with perfumes to describe the last faint scents it gives up. I wish it lasted a bit longer. I had two applications to get through the full day.

I'll start off by saying, this perfume doesn't last long on my skin (maybe 3 hrs., tops) and it's extremely expensive, which is disappointing. It's very green, grassy and crisp. I didn't get the tanginess that's mentioned in the description, but that's ok. I also don't get a clean smell either. To me, clean means soapy. This is far from soapy. It's very fresh, like freshly cut grass. If you don't like sweet or floral perfumes, this would be perfect for you. I like them all.

Update 5/5/14: I had to take off another lippy. I'm just so frustrated this doesn't last longer. Also, since the temperature has gotten hotter outside, the dry down has become off-putting. I had my co-worker wear it for a day to see if it was just me, and the exact same thing happened to her...it dissipated so much, and the grassiness started to smell like bug spray. Grrrr...I'd really like to take it back to Sephora and get something else.

Popular Fragrances