Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

3.4

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Demineralized spring water, glycerine (veg.), hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 20, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, green tea extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, simethicone, carmelized sugar, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citric acid.

on 11/19/2016 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has replaced Paula's Choice hyaluronic acid booster in my arsenal. It's roughly half the price on sale, plus you get more for the money & it's a pump bottle as opposed to PC's dropper. I hate those.

You can apply it directly, but for the best effect, I mix a pump or two with a pump or two of moisturizer or serum. Hyaluronic acids helps skin retain water, so the water in the moisturizer or serum is enhanced to suspend the active ingredient in the skin.

I buff it all in with Ulta's sonic brush using the silicone brush. It's quite relaxing, My skin looks & feels amazing amazing after about 5-10 minutes a night doing this with layers of potions. My favorite to mix it with are Olay's Total Effects anti-aging moisturizer or Andalou Naturals' Rosewater Mask (I use it at night as a moisturizer a couple times a week--see separate review).

A problem with hyaluronic acid/sodium hyaluronulate is that it pills if a certain amount is used. It takes some trial & error, but it plumps up skin & retains moisture & actives against your skin when added as a supplement to a potent, night time moisturizer. I recommend using no more than a small amount in the day time since the nature of it to pill can worsen when mixed with ingredients in primers & foundations.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I do not get the hype.
I hear all the good things this should do but have yet to see any result from any brand.
Added to water or other products etc etc
I have not noticed anything.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- adds and retains moisture
- not greasy
- absorbs quickly
- little goes a long way

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: I love the way my skin looks and feels with this. You don't need much - a little goes a long way. It absorbs quickly and it's as if you're not wearing anything on your face, yet it's still hydrated. I use this in the evening and in conjunction with my moisturizer, however I found that a moisturizer isn't really necessary when using this.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This product is a toss up. I've used this during most of the winter, and so far it's provided substantial moisture to the dry areas of my face. I did notice a few days into this, my skin broke out with cystic acne, but I'm not sure if the serum attributed to them, so I gave it more time to get my skin accustomed to this product. I've been using it continuously for 2 1/2 months now, and love the moisturizing benefits. It's great when traveling in an airplane, where cold cabin air can make my skin crazy with dry patches of skin on my cheeks. It's also great as a night treatment. I sometimes mix Philosophy's Vitamin C powder with this and this combination leaves my skin bright, plump, and moisturized. I even notice my acne scars and sun spots fading faster.

However, this product isn't the best under makeup. It peels off like crazy and leaves a flaky residue as a result. Not an attractive look. After serum, it's best not to layer too many products over it, because it doesn't let makeup adhere the way it is supposed to. Better yet, if you're going to use this under makeup, make sure to let the serum sit longer than 5 minutes before applying primer or foundation. In my case, I applied a BB cream after using this serum, and it pilled everywhere.

The packaging is in a clear 1 oz. bottle, with clear plastic cap, and clear serum. It's great for travel, but I kind of prefer my serums in opaque bottles or dark brown dropper bottles so the product doesn't oxidize and discolor. The consistency is more like a clear gel than a serum. It can also become quite sticky when applied, but the stickiness fades after the serum has absorbed. The price is reasonable at $19. You can find it cheaper on Amazon, but I advise to think twice before buying there. I've read reviews from customers complaining they were sold an expired or a fake product from a seller.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It seems that this has some form of silicone in it as a filler ingredient, and to me that causes skin issues with some people, or for it to react with other products. I would only use this at night as a serum. It does work to plump up your skin, but Ulta charges $22 for it when I've seen it online for $11. That's too steep for such a small bottle. Derma E has a hyaluronic acid serum that I want to try instead, and their brand is organic as far as I can tell.