Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

4.1

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Demineralized spring water, glycerine (veg.), hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 20, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, green tea extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, simethicone, carmelized sugar, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citric acid.

on 5/21/2017 9:58:00 AM

Not really impressed. My skin has been drier than it has been in the past, but not super flaky or anything. But to the point where I figured it wouldn't hurt adding an extra hydrating step to my night routine. I was also using a mandelic acid toner/serum so the little flaking I did have was probably due to that. Anyways, saw this in Ulta for maybe around $13 and picked it up. Have used almost every night since then, this was a few months ago. I would use it before any heavier products. I liked the pump, the consistency was basically like water. I don't really feel like this did much for me. I was looking for plump, moisturized skin. I guess maybe it helped a little but not anything crazy. I will use up but won't repurchase., I saw someone said they mixed it with their moisturizer. Maybe i'll try that with the last little bit I have and update if anything changes/I would repurchase for this purpose. Overall price was at least good so worth a try.

on 7/19/2016 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a 1fl oz bottle at a local health foods store for around $20. This serum is clear and is quite watery in consistency. There's no noticeable scent. It's not sticky or greasy.

The product comes in a clear glass bottle with a pump. At first I was weary about that. I'd prefer if it came in a dark-tinted container to preserve the anti-oxidizing element of the green tea contained in this serum. However, I just keep it stored out of direct light (in a medicine cabinet would be great if you have one) and it's fine.

Here is the ingredients list on the back of my bottle and on the Reviva Labs website: Purified Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Carbomer, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

On the Ulta website the ingredients list is: Demineralized Spring Water, Glycerine (Veg.), Hyaluronic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, Green Tea Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Simethicone, Caramelized Sugar, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate And Citric Acid.

Perhaps it was recently reformulated. This is something to be aware of if you're shopping online... what's actually in the bottle could be different than what you're expecting based on the ingredients list provided by the website. I'd purchase this in-store so you know exactly what you're getting, if you have a preference. I favor the top ingredients list more, especially since the bottom one contains "Simethicone." Simethicone is an anti-gas and anti-bloating agent found in products such as Gas-X. So unless it's a typo and they actually meant dimethicone, I don't know why they'd have that in there. Maybe to prevent the serum from foaming up when it's dispensed? What do I know?

Anyways... what got me interested in trying hyaluronic acid in my regimen is the fact that it's a very strong humectant (moisture-binding substance.) This stuff pulls moisture in from the air, so your skin will be hydrated and in theory appear younger-looking.

Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring carbohydrate in the human body and can be found in skin and connective tissue. It strengthens the outer layers of skin and provides antioxidant defense against free-radical damage, in addition to reducing inflammation. I've heard that it can help reduce acne scarring as well. It can also be used to treat burns, ulcers, and wounds (I wouldn't use this serum for any of those purposes, I just found the reported healing properties interesting.)

All of that sounded great. I've been incorporating this serum into my routine morning and night for around a month now. I apply one pump after cleansing and toning and spread it all over my face. Honestly, I haven't noticed any visible changes in fine lines or scarring. The first few days I used this I experienced a minor breakout, but that cleared up quickly and my skin has looked great ever since.

I really do love the way this stuff makes my skin feel.... it's moisturized and even feels somewhat tighter. I've heard some compare this to botox in a bottle. I wouldn't go that far at all but I can tell what they're talking about to a much more minor extent. I haven't had any problems personally with how it wears underneath makeup, but I put other products (moisturizer, sunscreen, and primer) over the top of this serum before going in with foundation/concealer.

If you're looking for a miracle product... in my experience, this isn't it. However, if you're looking for something that will benefit your skin even if you can't see dramatic results, then I'd recommend checking this out. I enjoy having it as a part of my skincare routine and will probably repurchase.

on 3/24/2014 11:17:00 AM

I purchased this off PipingRock.com (n/a) for around $5.00, which is a complete steal because I've seen this for triple, if not quadruple the price elsewhere. It's an OK serum but compared to others I've used, it's not a favorite. it provided a boost of hydration during the cold, dry, winter months for sure.

I just finished up the bottle but I will not be repurchasing. I think the formula has silicone in it, which I don't normally prefer in skincare products. I also didn't like the pump because it pumped out too much product and made me go through this faster than I should have.

I prefer the MyChelle Ultra Hydrating HA serum, even though it's about $35/bottle.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This makes my skin soft and smooth. I am very oily and it does not add oil to my skin. I love mineral makeups and this helps to smooth any roughness before applying minerals. It is very inexpensive compared to some of the other Hyaluronic products I have purchased in the past and delivers the same results. I love it because it works and does not break the bank!

Last step in my night-time skin care routine: One pump of this H.A. serum mixed with two drops of jojoba oil combine with clean fingers and blend into skin using an upward circular motion. My skin drinks this combo up and the result is plumped skin when I wake up in the morning. This does not break me out- I have sensitive skin with a limited amount of oil in my T-zone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have combo skin and I adore this serum! Very lightweight, but very hydrating at the same time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this! This is a great humectant with a non-greasey finish. It really plumps up my Retin A dehydrated skin. The price is great compared to other topical hyaluronic products.

Love this stuff! I use it under Dermalogica's Oil Control Lotion and (I've only used it in cold weather so it may not be great for my oil prone skin in the summer) it keeps my skin looking smoother and hydrated. The Dermalogica doesn't do this on it's own but is a good mattifier. This hydrates my skin, grease-free while the Dermalogica controls oil and gives a nice finish for make up.

My skin looks smooth and fresh throughout the day.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Contains: Spring water, Glycerin, Hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 20, mucopolysaccharides, green tea, hydroxyethylcellulose, simethicone, carmelized sugar, methylparaben, propylparaben. Do not really notice any benefits from using this product.