Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Filtered by hair type : Other
Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

3.2

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Demineralized spring water, glycerine (veg.), hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 20, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, green tea extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, simethicone, carmelized sugar, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citric acid.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Oz Naturals version of HA on Amazon for $21. IMO, not worth the $21 I paid for it. Save up $21 a month for 6 months and go to a medical spa to get a peel or radio frequency treatments. I used it for 3 months and finally gave up. It is a thin, watery solution that when applied, feels like egg whites drying on the face. It made my skin actually look dryer than before so I always followed it with a moisturizer. It is NOT, as its advertising touts, "a face lift in a bottle". It does make your face feel tighter but that is only temporary and due to the properties which are similar to applying an egg white to your face. I am 55 years old and even though I do everything humanly possible (outside of seeing a cosmetic surgeon) to protect my skin and keep it young looking, I am showing the typical signs of aging for a woman my age. I have crows feet when I smile, dark spots on the cheeks, large pores, deep smile lines (AKA marionettes) and a deep worry crease between my eyebrows, and lately notice the beginnings of "festoons" (bags under your eye circles---yuk). I keep trying liquids and creams, hoping to avoid needles and scalpels but, the time has come to face reality: either go under the knife or needle or just learn to accept my changing reflection in the mirror as a sign of "wisdom" and diminishing sands in the hourglass of life.

on 9/14/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to try another hyarulonic acid serum after I tried the Indeed Labs Hydraluron with some positive effects. Hyraluron was great for my skin but I didn't find it that moisturising. I have dry, sensitive skin prone to red rashes and intolerant to heavy fragrance and essential oils among many other chemicals. Reviva is scent-free which usually is good news for my skin. The first few times I used this serum, I really liked it. It smoothed out my skin and looked like it gave it some moisture. But after a few days it started to clog my pores. I ended up with two spots in areas of my face that are usually very dry! As I don't usually get clogged pores and have been using heavy oil based balms like cocoa butter on my face for years without any issues with spots, I was quite surprised. On comparison, I think Hydraluron is a better choice for a hyaluronic acid serum. If you want to try Reviva Hyaruloronic acid serum, monitor the long term effects closely especially if you are clog prone. My conclusion is that it is not a very hydrating serum with only temporary smoothing effect and can even cause blocked pores.

on 2/22/2014 10:21:00 AM

Amazing product. After battling my dry and dehydrated skin for a few weeks I ordered this and it saved my skin. No more flakiness and rough patches pretty much after the second day of using this.
The great thing about it, is the consistency is just right. One pump is enough for the whole face and a bit of neck, the gel sinks in quickly and does not leave any sticky residue whatsoever and it's possible to follow up with another moisturizer. It has no smell which I love and the packaging is no frills, but works great.
The serum really works wonders in helping your skin retain moisture and makes my skin plump and smooth. Highly recommended!

on 6/3/2011 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this for several weeks. I am 50 years old and have dry skin smile lines when I smile. This serum has really helped my skin look for youthful and less dry and less dehydrated. I am also taking the Hyaluronic Acid pill so hopefully they both will keep me looking younger.

on 9/18/2006 11:25:00 AM

Ive been using Dermalogicas Hydrating Booster or Darphins Hydraskin serum which are both very good but expensive. I think theyre similar kind of products. Like the others , this keeps my normal but dehydrated skin hydrated and plumped up without layers of grease. Plus point: gel consistency (easy to manage). Minus point: balls when I put moisturiser and foundation over the top. Best thing: Its one fifth of the price of Dermalogica or Darphin.

The balling is quite frustrating so I might keep it for night wear and lips only. Despite this Ill still buy it again (because of the price) and save a more expensive one for day wear.