Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Demineralized spring water, glycerine (veg.), hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 20, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, green tea extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, simethicone, carmelized sugar, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citric acid.

on 5/21/2017 9:58:00 AM

Not really impressed. My skin has been drier than it has been in the past, but not super flaky or anything. But to the point where I figured it wouldn't hurt adding an extra hydrating step to my night routine. I was also using a mandelic acid toner/serum so the little flaking I did have was probably due to that. Anyways, saw this in Ulta for maybe around $13 and picked it up. Have used almost every night since then, this was a few months ago. I would use it before any heavier products. I liked the pump, the consistency was basically like water. I don't really feel like this did much for me. I was looking for plump, moisturized skin. I guess maybe it helped a little but not anything crazy. I will use up but won't repurchase., I saw someone said they mixed it with their moisturizer. Maybe i'll try that with the last little bit I have and update if anything changes/I would repurchase for this purpose. Overall price was at least good so worth a try.

on 11/19/2016 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has replaced Paula's Choice hyaluronic acid booster in my arsenal. It's roughly half the price on sale, plus you get more for the money & it's a pump bottle as opposed to PC's dropper. I hate those.

You can apply it directly, but for the best effect, I mix a pump or two with a pump or two of moisturizer or serum. Hyaluronic acids helps skin retain water, so the water in the moisturizer or serum is enhanced to suspend the active ingredient in the skin.

I buff it all in with Ulta's sonic brush using the silicone brush. It's quite relaxing, My skin looks & feels amazing amazing after about 5-10 minutes a night doing this with layers of potions. My favorite to mix it with are Olay's Total Effects anti-aging moisturizer or Andalou Naturals' Rosewater Mask (I use it at night as a moisturizer a couple times a week--see separate review).

A problem with hyaluronic acid/sodium hyaluronulate is that it pills if a certain amount is used. It takes some trial & error, but it plumps up skin & retains moisture & actives against your skin when added as a supplement to a potent, night time moisturizer. I recommend using no more than a small amount in the day time since the nature of it to pill can worsen when mixed with ingredients in primers & foundations.

on 7/19/2016 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a 1fl oz bottle at a local health foods store for around $20. This serum is clear and is quite watery in consistency. There's no noticeable scent. It's not sticky or greasy.

The product comes in a clear glass bottle with a pump. At first I was weary about that. I'd prefer if it came in a dark-tinted container to preserve the anti-oxidizing element of the green tea contained in this serum. However, I just keep it stored out of direct light (in a medicine cabinet would be great if you have one) and it's fine.

Here is the ingredients list on the back of my bottle and on the Reviva Labs website: Purified Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Carbomer, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

On the Ulta website the ingredients list is: Demineralized Spring Water, Glycerine (Veg.), Hyaluronic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, Green Tea Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Simethicone, Caramelized Sugar, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate And Citric Acid.

Perhaps it was recently reformulated. This is something to be aware of if you're shopping online... what's actually in the bottle could be different than what you're expecting based on the ingredients list provided by the website. I'd purchase this in-store so you know exactly what you're getting, if you have a preference. I favor the top ingredients list more, especially since the bottom one contains "Simethicone." Simethicone is an anti-gas and anti-bloating agent found in products such as Gas-X. So unless it's a typo and they actually meant dimethicone, I don't know why they'd have that in there. Maybe to prevent the serum from foaming up when it's dispensed? What do I know?

Anyways... what got me interested in trying hyaluronic acid in my regimen is the fact that it's a very strong humectant (moisture-binding substance.) This stuff pulls moisture in from the air, so your skin will be hydrated and in theory appear younger-looking.

Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring carbohydrate in the human body and can be found in skin and connective tissue. It strengthens the outer layers of skin and provides antioxidant defense against free-radical damage, in addition to reducing inflammation. I've heard that it can help reduce acne scarring as well. It can also be used to treat burns, ulcers, and wounds (I wouldn't use this serum for any of those purposes, I just found the reported healing properties interesting.)

All of that sounded great. I've been incorporating this serum into my routine morning and night for around a month now. I apply one pump after cleansing and toning and spread it all over my face. Honestly, I haven't noticed any visible changes in fine lines or scarring. The first few days I used this I experienced a minor breakout, but that cleared up quickly and my skin has looked great ever since.

I really do love the way this stuff makes my skin feel.... it's moisturized and even feels somewhat tighter. I've heard some compare this to botox in a bottle. I wouldn't go that far at all but I can tell what they're talking about to a much more minor extent. I haven't had any problems personally with how it wears underneath makeup, but I put other products (moisturizer, sunscreen, and primer) over the top of this serum before going in with foundation/concealer.

If you're looking for a miracle product... in my experience, this isn't it. However, if you're looking for something that will benefit your skin even if you can't see dramatic results, then I'd recommend checking this out. I enjoy having it as a part of my skincare routine and will probably repurchase.

on 5/22/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this little serum! I have uber sensitive skin that as I've gotten older tends to get dehydrated very easily and just distorts my appearance. While this isn't the end all be all to my issues, it certainly hydrates my skin. I love the cool, light gel feel to it, despite never thinking I would have. The gel sinks right in, no oily mess later. I found it on line for half the price quoted below. I'm on my second bottle. I usually top it off with my sensitive skin Burt's Bees moisturizer.

My skin is dry/combo with Rosacea, Allergies to fragrance, phalates, preservatives

I'm almost down to the end of the bottle and I will be repurchasing. I love this stuff! I mix 3-4 drops of my vitamin c serum (Paula's Choice) and apply morning and night before adding makeup or moisturizer. It plumps up my skin -- especially my forehead and the lines around my mouth. It kind of freaks me out sometimes though because when I raise my eyebrows, my forehead doesn't move because it looks like I have botox. LOL. But isn't that what we're looking for? I like how the serum has green tea extract and glycerin in it. Too bad it's in a glass container otherwise the green tea as an antioxidant will lose its efficacy so I keep it in the medicine cabinet away from light. Oh, and yes it does "ball up" if you apply foundation over it -- some foundations. It's trial and error. Some foundations/bb creams ball up over top, and some do not. I use Physician's Formula SPF 50 tinted moisturizer and it doesn't ball up.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It seems that this has some form of silicone in it as a filler ingredient, and to me that causes skin issues with some people, or for it to react with other products. I would only use this at night as a serum. It does work to plump up your skin, but Ulta charges $22 for it when I've seen it online for $11. That's too steep for such a small bottle. Derma E has a hyaluronic acid serum that I want to try instead, and their brand is organic as far as I can tell.

A good Hyaluronic Acid based serum to help retain water in the skin.

Very affordable.

Only problem: it peels off when applied another moisturizer on top, indeed any moisturizer, even from the Reviva line, not to mention foundation or makeups.....

And this is a MAJOR problem bc it's a serum, and we MUST apply another moisture over, otherwise it will dry your skin out, rather than retain moisture.

I will consider buying again, by only if Reviva consider changing the formula.

I have combination skin and a little dry in winter. I bought this treatment because of the reviews. I am so disappointed with this product. It makes all my lotions after it cannot be absorbed at all. Definitely won't buy again!

on 12/23/2007 10:17:00 PM

I wear mineral makeup and my skin was getting dry from the winter weather, I read the reviews here and decided to give this a try. It is a great product!! One squirt covers my entire face so it's really cost effective. It helps my emu oil work much better. I'll never be without it again!
I LOVE IT!

on 10/28/2006 4:38:00 PM

Can't live without this! I use it for chapped lips and dry patches on my face. It mosturizes and doesn't cause any breakouts.