Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

3.4

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Demineralized spring water, glycerine (veg.), hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 20, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, green tea extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, simethicone, carmelized sugar, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citric acid.

on 5/21/2017 9:58:00 AM

Not really impressed. My skin has been drier than it has been in the past, but not super flaky or anything. But to the point where I figured it wouldn't hurt adding an extra hydrating step to my night routine. I was also using a mandelic acid toner/serum so the little flaking I did have was probably due to that. Anyways, saw this in Ulta for maybe around $13 and picked it up. Have used almost every night since then, this was a few months ago. I would use it before any heavier products. I liked the pump, the consistency was basically like water. I don't really feel like this did much for me. I was looking for plump, moisturized skin. I guess maybe it helped a little but not anything crazy. I will use up but won't repurchase., I saw someone said they mixed it with their moisturizer. Maybe i'll try that with the last little bit I have and update if anything changes/I would repurchase for this purpose. Overall price was at least good so worth a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This product is a toss up. I've used this during most of the winter, and so far it's provided substantial moisture to the dry areas of my face. I did notice a few days into this, my skin broke out with cystic acne, but I'm not sure if the serum attributed to them, so I gave it more time to get my skin accustomed to this product. I've been using it continuously for 2 1/2 months now, and love the moisturizing benefits. It's great when traveling in an airplane, where cold cabin air can make my skin crazy with dry patches of skin on my cheeks. It's also great as a night treatment. I sometimes mix Philosophy's Vitamin C powder with this and this combination leaves my skin bright, plump, and moisturized. I even notice my acne scars and sun spots fading faster.

However, this product isn't the best under makeup. It peels off like crazy and leaves a flaky residue as a result. Not an attractive look. After serum, it's best not to layer too many products over it, because it doesn't let makeup adhere the way it is supposed to. Better yet, if you're going to use this under makeup, make sure to let the serum sit longer than 5 minutes before applying primer or foundation. In my case, I applied a BB cream after using this serum, and it pilled everywhere.

The packaging is in a clear 1 oz. bottle, with clear plastic cap, and clear serum. It's great for travel, but I kind of prefer my serums in opaque bottles or dark brown dropper bottles so the product doesn't oxidize and discolor. The consistency is more like a clear gel than a serum. It can also become quite sticky when applied, but the stickiness fades after the serum has absorbed. The price is reasonable at $19. You can find it cheaper on Amazon, but I advise to think twice before buying there. I've read reviews from customers complaining they were sold an expired or a fake product from a seller.

I'm almost down to the end of the bottle and I will be repurchasing. I love this stuff! I mix 3-4 drops of my vitamin c serum (Paula's Choice) and apply morning and night before adding makeup or moisturizer. It plumps up my skin -- especially my forehead and the lines around my mouth. It kind of freaks me out sometimes though because when I raise my eyebrows, my forehead doesn't move because it looks like I have botox. LOL. But isn't that what we're looking for? I like how the serum has green tea extract and glycerin in it. Too bad it's in a glass container otherwise the green tea as an antioxidant will lose its efficacy so I keep it in the medicine cabinet away from light. Oh, and yes it does "ball up" if you apply foundation over it -- some foundations. It's trial and error. Some foundations/bb creams ball up over top, and some do not. I use Physician's Formula SPF 50 tinted moisturizer and it doesn't ball up.

on 12/1/2012 12:08:00 AM

I'ge been reading about HA and picked this up on a whim at the vitamin store since it was cheap. I think this causes my pores to clog although it does a great job hydrating. Clogging is not okay. Need to see if it is the HA or other ingredients in the serum.

After slathering on chemical ridden, smelly and greasy creams, I decided to give this serum a try after the reading the benefits of Hyaluronic Acid on the Truth In Aging website.
Serums are notoriously drying; I stopped using this for a while, but after I changed my skin care regimen to include Vitamin E (using Vitamin E oil on my face before bed), I saw that the HA was working much better. This is a delicious bottle of Perrier for your skin. Use it under makeup and it will keep your skin from forming the dreaded dry skin flakes.
Just to mention - I like the dewy look - well ok, I don't actually like it; but I read recently that "dewy" skin is attractive to men because it reminds them of what women look like after you know what. Bah! Sue me! I'm single! I need all the help I can get.

A good Hyaluronic Acid based serum to help retain water in the skin.

Very affordable.

Only problem: it peels off when applied another moisturizer on top, indeed any moisturizer, even from the Reviva line, not to mention foundation or makeups.....

And this is a MAJOR problem bc it's a serum, and we MUST apply another moisture over, otherwise it will dry your skin out, rather than retain moisture.

I will consider buying again, by only if Reviva consider changing the formula.

I have combination skin and a little dry in winter. I bought this treatment because of the reviews. I am so disappointed with this product. It makes all my lotions after it cannot be absorbed at all. Definitely won't buy again!

on 12/22/2007 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very impressed! I have oily and dry skin. This product keeps my face moisturized all day, but not greasy at all.

on 10/28/2006 4:38:00 PM

Can't live without this! I use it for chapped lips and dry patches on my face. It mosturizes and doesn't cause any breakouts.