Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Demineralized spring water, glycerine (veg.), hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 20, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, green tea extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, simethicone, carmelized sugar, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citric acid.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It seems that this has some form of silicone in it as a filler ingredient, and to me that causes skin issues with some people, or for it to react with other products. I would only use this at night as a serum. It does work to plump up your skin, but Ulta charges $22 for it when I've seen it online for $11. That's too steep for such a small bottle. Derma E has a hyaluronic acid serum that I want to try instead, and their brand is organic as far as I can tell.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After reading all the positive reviews it seems everyone just uses this for the humectant quality and uses many other products to compensate for what it lacks. I wanted to use this as a moisture base over all of my face and use the reviva dmae alpha lipoic acid lotion for the dry zones on my face. But none of it worked and I was left with blotchy, irritated, and dry skin. To be fair I don't think any of the reviva products irritated my skin, they just didn't help protect my skin from the irritations in the environment(pollution, allergens, etc). I suspect that 97 percent of this product is water. I just recently broke down and spent hundreds of dollars on La Prairie, La Mer, and Skii at Saks...don't ask me exactly how much, lol. But within two days all my skin problems are a thing of the past.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this! This is a great humectant with a non-greasey finish. It really plumps up my Retin A dehydrated skin. The price is great compared to other topical hyaluronic products.

on 9/18/2006 11:25:00 AM

I’ve been using Dermalogica’s Hydrating Booster or Darphin’s Hydraskin serum which are both very good but expensive. I think they’re similar kind of products. Like the others , this keeps my normal but dehydrated skin hydrated and plumped up without layers of grease. Plus point: gel consistency (easy to manage). Minus point: ‘balls’ when I put moisturiser and foundation over the top. Best thing: Its one fifth of the price of Dermalogica or Darphin.

The balling is quite frustrating so I might keep it for night wear and lips only. Despite this I’ll still buy it again (because of the price) and save a more expensive one for day wear.

on 8/22/2005 2:50:00 PM

I wouldn't be without this product. I always use this the morning after I use Retin-A under my moisturizer and it makes my face feel velvety, smooth and hydrated.