Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

3.3

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Demineralized spring water, glycerine (veg.), hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 20, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, green tea extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, simethicone, carmelized sugar, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citric acid.

on 9/14/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to try another hyarulonic acid serum after I tried the Indeed Labs Hydraluron with some positive effects. Hyraluron was great for my skin but I didn't find it that moisturising. I have dry, sensitive skin prone to red rashes and intolerant to heavy fragrance and essential oils among many other chemicals. Reviva is scent-free which usually is good news for my skin. The first few times I used this serum, I really liked it. It smoothed out my skin and looked like it gave it some moisture. But after a few days it started to clog my pores. I ended up with two spots in areas of my face that are usually very dry! As I don't usually get clogged pores and have been using heavy oil based balms like cocoa butter on my face for years without any issues with spots, I was quite surprised. On comparison, I think Hydraluron is a better choice for a hyaluronic acid serum. If you want to try Reviva Hyaruloronic acid serum, monitor the long term effects closely especially if you are clog prone. My conclusion is that it is not a very hydrating serum with only temporary smoothing effect and can even cause blocked pores.

I have very fair, dry skin. Not overly sensitive. I'm frankly shocked at the reviews this product gets. While it's reasonably priced and has a nice pump package, I have two major issues.

First, this causes pretty much anything you put on top of it to pill up and smear off. Anything. I'd much prefer a moisturizer with HA in it, like CeraVe PM. I can't use this product alone, and therefore it's pretty useless if I can't put anything on top.

Secondly, I do not break out, basically ever and this product has given me massive, painful pimples. I have literally about 8 of them, including one dangerously close to my eyelid where I don't think I can actually treat it with anything. I've also got about 8 on my forehead, but I suppose I'll spare you the details.

Not something that provides any real benefit and causes speed bump skin. No thank you.

I was recommended hyaluronic acid by fellow MUA'ers when I was looking for something to help with dry flakey skin and so I opted for the Reviva because of the excellent reviews and fair price. It has really helped improved my skin; used along with acne treatments (BP or Differin) it prevents my skin from getting dry and flakey which I had problems with prior to using the serum. The texture of my skin also seems to have improved and is now much smoother and better hydrated.

main ingredients are demineralized spring water, vegetable glycerin and hyaluronic acid.

this product "adds moisture to plump up and smooth skin to lessen look for wrinkles and lines." being 24, i dont have any wrinkles or lines to speak of yet, but after a few weeks of use, i did notice that my skin stayed moisturized a bit longer than usual. i assume the glycerin held the moisture in.

it has no smell and upon initial application, has a very thick and slippery texture. you only need a dab, and it sinks in very quickly and leaves no residue. continued >>