Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

3.9

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Demineralized spring water, glycerine (veg.), hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 20, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, green tea extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, simethicone, carmelized sugar, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citric acid.

After slathering on chemical ridden, smelly and greasy creams, I decided to give this serum a try after the reading the benefits of Hyaluronic Acid on the Truth In Aging website.
Serums are notoriously drying; I stopped using this for a while, but after I changed my skin care regimen to include Vitamin E (using Vitamin E oil on my face before bed), I saw that the HA was working much better. This is a delicious bottle of Perrier for your skin. Use it under makeup and it will keep your skin from forming the dreaded dry skin flakes.
Just to mention - I like the dewy look - well ok, I don't actually like it; but I read recently that "dewy" skin is attractive to men because it reminds them of what women look like after you know what. Bah! Sue me! I'm single! I need all the help I can get.

on 3/9/2007 8:00:00 AM

Excellent hyaluronic acid serum, better than the replenix I have used previously and much cheaper than Skinceuticals B5 serum for the same quality. I use this immediately after washing my face when my skin is still damp (i think this really gets the most benefit out of the serum). I use one pump and mix my powdered L-ascorbic acid into it in my palm to make my own c serum. Once it has soaked in, I just follow with my usual moisturizer. I get really great results with this and find that the moisture in my skin really is boosted all day. Would highly reccomend and continue to repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The more I'm advancing into the world of Skincare, the more I'm learning about the individual components of popular skincare products. Hyaluronic Acid is something that I have never really heard of prior to using this serum. I researched a little bit and browsed the MUA forums and found that Hyaluronic Acid is really sought-after for those with dry skin. It can be taken orally as a pill or in the form of a serum, cream or toner. Although I don't have dry skin, I thought it would be a fantastic serum to try to keep my skin hydrated 24/7. I do once a while have a little dryness from using harsh cleansers (such as African Black Soap) or exfoliation, that will typically occur around my mouth and chin area. Usually if that occurs, it will be fixable within a couple of days with a good moisturizer. I have been using this serum for 4 weeks now, 1-2 times daily, using 1/2 a pump each application. The consistency of the serum is very light and is kind of like a runny gel. One applied to the skin, it seems to distribute well all over the face. I'll never have to go back for more. It may feel sticky for about 15 seconds, but the stickiness goes away completely within 30 seconds and you are left with hydrated skin. The serum doesn't leave any traces of product left on the skin's surface so you are able to layer a moisturizer over it fine or even your makeup. What's different about Hyaluronic Acid than a standard moisturizer is that it really works within your skin. It won't give your skin the illusion of moisturize with an oily residue. You may not notice it right away if your skin is dry, but after continued use you will see the results. Since using this product, I haven't had one instance of dryness. My skin is always hydrated and radiant. Crazily enough, I have smile lines that drive me insane because many times my foundation will settle in the fine lines and I'll have to touch up with powder a couple times throughout the day. My makeup hasn't seemed to settle at all in those lines since I've been using this. Also, the little corners around my nose are typically a little dry and now they are completely moisturized. Hydraluronic Acid has now become a staple in my everyday skin routine and I don't want to be without out it! The price of this serum is $20 for 1 oz of product. It may be a little pricey, but it's something that works well for me and I will continue purchasing it once I run out. Like I mentioned, I've used the serum for 4 weeks, sometimes twice a day and I have 2/3 product left. The bottle should last me for 2 more months. So, a little over $6.60 a month - it's completely worth it.

YES!! I love this, everything about it. The packaging is great, the product is great, the price is fairly reasonable. My AHA/BHA daily routine was leaving my skin dried out and I needed to find a moisturizer that would actually moisturize without clogging my pores. A tall order, considering how ridiculously clog-prone I have become. I've tried jojoba oil, and while it's nice and doesn't clog my pores, it just isn't moisturizing enough for my skin. This is awesome. Just the perfect level of moisture for me (I'm 29). Diminishes those fine lines that are starting to form, gives me a glow, and just really makes me look a bit younger!! Love it!!

Edit: I just have to rave some more!! AWESOME! When I went to the dentist yesterday, the assistant mistook me for a college student! I know it's because of this serum--it has made such a huge difference--my fine lies have pretty much disappeared. One thing to note--it will ball like crazy if I put it under my sunblock. But if I apply sunblock first, let it absorb, and then apply this, it does just fine for some reason. Love love love!

on 11/19/2016 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has replaced Paula's Choice hyaluronic acid booster in my arsenal. It's roughly half the price on sale, plus you get more for the money & it's a pump bottle as opposed to PC's dropper. I hate those.

You can apply it directly, but for the best effect, I mix a pump or two with a pump or two of moisturizer or serum. Hyaluronic acids helps skin retain water, so the water in the moisturizer or serum is enhanced to suspend the active ingredient in the skin.

I buff it all in with Ulta's sonic brush using the silicone brush. It's quite relaxing, My skin looks & feels amazing amazing after about 5-10 minutes a night doing this with layers of potions. My favorite to mix it with are Olay's Total Effects anti-aging moisturizer or Andalou Naturals' Rosewater Mask (I use it at night as a moisturizer a couple times a week--see separate review).

A problem with hyaluronic acid/sodium hyaluronulate is that it pills if a certain amount is used. It takes some trial & error, but it plumps up skin & retains moisture & actives against your skin when added as a supplement to a potent, night time moisturizer. I recommend using no more than a small amount in the day time since the nature of it to pill can worsen when mixed with ingredients in primers & foundations.

Last step in my night-time skin care routine: One pump of this H.A. serum mixed with two drops of jojoba oil combine with clean fingers and blend into skin using an upward circular motion. My skin drinks this combo up and the result is plumped skin when I wake up in the morning. This does not break me out- I have sensitive skin with a limited amount of oil in my T-zone.

on 9/11/2008 1:39:00 AM

This is the BEST HA serum I have tried. I have used more expensive serums with inferior results. My skin is soft and plump with this without being oily at all! It seems to help heal blemishes and irritation faster as well which is a major plus in my book. I take Nature's Way HA capsules as well and I can tell you it really makes a big difference in your skin. Great product!

UPDATE: While this may be a good serum for some, this is definitely not for me as it has broken me out in terrible painful cystic acne on my cheeks. I'm sure it's this because I tried backing off it for a while and my skin would clear and then as soon as I used it again...boom! So acne prone individuals please beware of this product.

on 2/16/2007 10:13:00 PM

my skin looks very nice after putting this on, like it drinks a lot of water. But I do need to add another layer of moisturizer (now is winter time) or else it becomes a little bit dry...

also a very good lip plumper...the effect was so dramatic I got quite scared first time using it :-P

A good Hyaluronic Acid based serum to help retain water in the skin.

Very affordable.

Only problem: it peels off when applied another moisturizer on top, indeed any moisturizer, even from the Reviva line, not to mention foundation or makeups.....

And this is a MAJOR problem bc it's a serum, and we MUST apply another moisture over, otherwise it will dry your skin out, rather than retain moisture.

I will consider buying again, by only if Reviva consider changing the formula.

on 7/19/2016 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a 1fl oz bottle at a local health foods store for around $20. This serum is clear and is quite watery in consistency. There's no noticeable scent. It's not sticky or greasy.

The product comes in a clear glass bottle with a pump. At first I was weary about that. I'd prefer if it came in a dark-tinted container to preserve the anti-oxidizing element of the green tea contained in this serum. However, I just keep it stored out of direct light (in a medicine cabinet would be great if you have one) and it's fine.

Here is the ingredients list on the back of my bottle and on the Reviva Labs website: Purified Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Carbomer, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

On the Ulta website the ingredients list is: Demineralized Spring Water, Glycerine (Veg.), Hyaluronic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, Green Tea Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Simethicone, Caramelized Sugar, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate And Citric Acid.

Perhaps it was recently reformulated. This is something to be aware of if you're shopping online... what's actually in the bottle could be different than what you're expecting based on the ingredients list provided by the website. I'd purchase this in-store so you know exactly what you're getting, if you have a preference. I favor the top ingredients list more, especially since the bottom one contains "Simethicone." Simethicone is an anti-gas and anti-bloating agent found in products such as Gas-X. So unless it's a typo and they actually meant dimethicone, I don't know why they'd have that in there. Maybe to prevent the serum from foaming up when it's dispensed? What do I know?

Anyways... what got me interested in trying hyaluronic acid in my regimen is the fact that it's a very strong humectant (moisture-binding substance.) This stuff pulls moisture in from the air, so your skin will be hydrated and in theory appear younger-looking.

Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring carbohydrate in the human body and can be found in skin and connective tissue. It strengthens the outer layers of skin and provides antioxidant defense against free-radical damage, in addition to reducing inflammation. I've heard that it can help reduce acne scarring as well. It can also be used to treat burns, ulcers, and wounds (I wouldn't use this serum for any of those purposes, I just found the reported healing properties interesting.)

All of that sounded great. I've been incorporating this serum into my routine morning and night for around a month now. I apply one pump after cleansing and toning and spread it all over my face. Honestly, I haven't noticed any visible changes in fine lines or scarring. The first few days I used this I experienced a minor breakout, but that cleared up quickly and my skin has looked great ever since.

I really do love the way this stuff makes my skin feel.... it's moisturized and even feels somewhat tighter. I've heard some compare this to botox in a bottle. I wouldn't go that far at all but I can tell what they're talking about to a much more minor extent. I haven't had any problems personally with how it wears underneath makeup, but I put other products (moisturizer, sunscreen, and primer) over the top of this serum before going in with foundation/concealer.

If you're looking for a miracle product... in my experience, this isn't it. However, if you're looking for something that will benefit your skin even if you can't see dramatic results, then I'd recommend checking this out. I enjoy having it as a part of my skincare routine and will probably repurchase.