Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Filtered by age: 36-43
Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

3.3

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Demineralized spring water, glycerine (veg.), hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 20, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, green tea extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, simethicone, carmelized sugar, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citric acid.

on 9/14/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to try another hyarulonic acid serum after I tried the Indeed Labs Hydraluron with some positive effects. Hyraluron was great for my skin but I didn't find it that moisturising. I have dry, sensitive skin prone to red rashes and intolerant to heavy fragrance and essential oils among many other chemicals. Reviva is scent-free which usually is good news for my skin. The first few times I used this serum, I really liked it. It smoothed out my skin and looked like it gave it some moisture. But after a few days it started to clog my pores. I ended up with two spots in areas of my face that are usually very dry! As I don't usually get clogged pores and have been using heavy oil based balms like cocoa butter on my face for years without any issues with spots, I was quite surprised. On comparison, I think Hydraluron is a better choice for a hyaluronic acid serum. If you want to try Reviva Hyaruloronic acid serum, monitor the long term effects closely especially if you are clog prone. My conclusion is that it is not a very hydrating serum with only temporary smoothing effect and can even cause blocked pores.

on 5/22/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this little serum! I have uber sensitive skin that as I've gotten older tends to get dehydrated very easily and just distorts my appearance. While this isn't the end all be all to my issues, it certainly hydrates my skin. I love the cool, light gel feel to it, despite never thinking I would have. The gel sinks right in, no oily mess later. I found it on line for half the price quoted below. I'm on my second bottle. I usually top it off with my sensitive skin Burt's Bees moisturizer.

My skin is dry/combo with Rosacea, Allergies to fragrance, phalates, preservatives

After slathering on chemical ridden, smelly and greasy creams, I decided to give this serum a try after the reading the benefits of Hyaluronic Acid on the Truth In Aging website.
Serums are notoriously drying; I stopped using this for a while, but after I changed my skin care regimen to include Vitamin E (using Vitamin E oil on my face before bed), I saw that the HA was working much better. This is a delicious bottle of Perrier for your skin. Use it under makeup and it will keep your skin from forming the dreaded dry skin flakes.
Just to mention - I like the dewy look - well ok, I don't actually like it; but I read recently that "dewy" skin is attractive to men because it reminds them of what women look like after you know what. Bah! Sue me! I'm single! I need all the help I can get.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This makes my skin soft and smooth. I am very oily and it does not add oil to my skin. I love mineral makeups and this helps to smooth any roughness before applying minerals. It is very inexpensive compared to some of the other Hyaluronic products I have purchased in the past and delivers the same results. I love it because it works and does not break the bank!

on 1/27/2010 5:17:00 PM

I've been wanting to try a Hyaluronic Acid based serum for sometime, but have been a little wary. A friend of mine recommended this line (both into natural products) and so I decided to add it to my luckyvitamin.com order. I have sensitive skin that has dry patches and cystic acne along my chin line. I've found that it's best used over a moisturizer (sorry serum people, sometimes they just work better on top of the moisturizer!). I've been using it over Suki's Nourishing Face oil and have found the combination awesome...moisturizing but allowing skin to breathe...no heavy night cream needed anymore!

The ingredient list is short: Demineralized spring water, glycerine (veg.), Hyaluronic Acid, polysorbate 20, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, green tea extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, caramelized sugar, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, and citris acid

It come in a 1oz glass pump bottle. One pump is all you need.

on 9/11/2008 1:39:00 AM

This is the BEST HA serum I have tried. I have used more expensive serums with inferior results. My skin is soft and plump with this without being oily at all! It seems to help heal blemishes and irritation faster as well which is a major plus in my book. I take Nature's Way HA capsules as well and I can tell you it really makes a big difference in your skin. Great product!

UPDATE: While this may be a good serum for some, this is definitely not for me as it has broken me out in terrible painful cystic acne on my cheeks. I'm sure it's this because I tried backing off it for a while and my skin would clear and then as soon as I used it again...boom! So acne prone individuals please beware of this product.

on 2/16/2007 10:13:00 PM

my skin looks very nice after putting this on, like it drinks a lot of water. But I do need to add another layer of moisturizer (now is winter time) or else it becomes a little bit dry...

also a very good lip plumper...the effect was so dramatic I got quite scared first time using it :-P

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After reading all the positive reviews it seems everyone just uses this for the humectant quality and uses many other products to compensate for what it lacks. I wanted to use this as a moisture base over all of my face and use the reviva dmae alpha lipoic acid lotion for the dry zones on my face. But none of it worked and I was left with blotchy, irritated, and dry skin. To be fair I don't think any of the reviva products irritated my skin, they just didn't help protect my skin from the irritations in the environment(pollution, allergens, etc). I suspect that 97 percent of this product is water. I just recently broke down and spent hundreds of dollars on La Prairie, La Mer, and Skii at Saks...don't ask me exactly how much, lol. But within two days all my skin problems are a thing of the past.