Fresh Face Luster

No Image

4.4

Talc, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Cetyl Acetate, Oleyl Acetate, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Pearl Powder, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Isopropyl Lanolate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethoxydiglycol, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, BHA Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 74999), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 1/29/2011 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this at Sephora, on a whim, but immediately noticed that it reduced the appearance of my pores, made my skin look more even but with a subtle glow. They were out of stock, but I was so excited about it I walked blocks to find a Fresh store (while in San Francisco) and am so glad I did. I love the screw top lid on the powder. I've used it with the enclosed sponge and with a powder brush, both methods work great. I used the powder by itself one day, and as someone who feels naked without foundation, I must say that I was very pleased with the coverage. Very good quality product, and worth the price.

on 1/8/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG powder! What more can i say... All my requirements such as lasting, good-looking and Photoshop effect are satisfied. The only disadvantage i can highlight is accentuating my dry patches.. But it's still overall best powder i have ever used, so i'll definitely buy it again

on 6/2/2010 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the very best powder foundation I have ever used. I apply it with a brush, and I get great coverage with very little product. It provides a nice glow, and not a flat, matte look. I had several co-workers tell me I was glowing after I started using this. If you can find a color match, go for it. The only negative is that I use the darkest color in the fall and Spring, so in the summer when I'm darker I will have to transition to the YSL powder foundation, which is also terrific.

on 6/13/2009 12:04:00 AM

I have finally found my HG foundation! I've tried so many kinds - liquid and those loose mineral foundations and trust me, I've gone through A LOT to finally score on this one from Fresh. I don't typically like powder foundations because they look cakey and powdery, however, this foundation does not do that. It leaves a nice, beautiful glow! I will not go back to liquid foundations anymore. I've been using this since March and I still love it. I'm almost done with my 1st one and have already bought my 2nd. The only thing is the price. It is quite pricey considering it only lasts a few months - I use it everyday. Definitely well worth the price though if it works!

I love powder foundations and switched to Fresh's Face Luster because I needed a change from Stila's Illuminating Powder Foundation (I'm 50 watt). I picked up Sandy Lane and really love the "glow" it gave my skin. If you are too heavy handed it can go on looking cake-y. A light touch and it will look like a pretty lit from within glow. Unfortunately, it runs out really quickly (much faster than the Stila) and for the price, I'd have wanted it to last much longer. Also, the packaging is a screw-off cap with a mirror under the cap. It's cute packaging but bulky if you want to carry it in your purse and the screw-off cap isn't very convenient sometimes. Another problem that I've had with every time I've used it is that when you get kinda near the end - but still a good amount left - the powder just breaks and it's a crumbly mess. I've tried to save it and try to use a big brush (a la BE) but that's just messy and is only somewhat effective. What a waste when you consider how much the product costs. Another con is no SPF.

I needed to buy more powder, but feeling cheap, I found another powder foundation to try (Napoleon Perdis NP Set at Target for $30 in Medium). I haven't tried it yet - will tomorrow - but hoping that I love it and can save an extra $10 a month. If not, I will hop back to Stila. Overall, I would buy it again, but only if I'm feeling rich ;)

on 12/17/2008 3:06:00 PM

I have tried a great deal of powder in recent years and am completely impressed with this product; it is not new, but feels far ahead of its' peers in performance. I use it (in Chalet Girl) over a bit of YSL's Teint Majeur and am thrilled with it. The powder is glowy without being oily, gives great coverage without looking cakey and can be applied throughout the day without build up...truly extraordinary. Before this, I was using Armani's Silk Powder, a good product, but this is much better and just melts into my skin in a way I never noticed with Armani. Highly recommended!!

on 10/18/2008 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

In a way, I was hoping I wouldn't like this product because it's so expensive, but I like it a lot. I bought it because I had grown weary of the swirl, tap and mess of Bare Minerals.

First, I looked at Sephora's pressed mineral foundations, which are half the price. But the colors were off: Even the lightest shade was too pink (I'm already too blue-red, thank you very much) and too dark (I'm a BM Fairly Light in winter and Medium Beige in summer), so the Sephora SA recommended Fresh, because it offers many more shades.

Chalet Girl was the best match. The color looks very light in the compact--I thought it would be too light on--but quickly it melted, for lack of a better word, into my skin in a way that BM never has. None of the faint sparkles of BM, but more luminescence, which I prefer. It gives my face the poreless, flawless look of using a primer without using one, which is surprising since Face Luster is billed as a powder not a foundation.

The packaging is pretty but not the most practical. The top and bottom of the container aren't attached; the powder closes by screwing the lid on. I wouldn't pack this in my purse; it's an accident waiting to happen, compounded by the fact that the powder is very soft.

The SA said it was a mineral formula, but it also contains talc. I'd repurchase again if I can't find something I like as well--or nearly as well--for less money.

Wow, I was fascinated by this product at Sephora for quite some time. I would always play with it while browsing around for a powder. At first the "glimmer" put me off a little bit, as I'm not really familiar with mineral makeup. All I know is my sister used to use it and it made her look like a plaster death mask.
So, I purchase Fresh Face Lustre in Sandy Lane and my MUF Mat power went to my sister. I am loving it! I use Fusion beauty foundation, which is moderate coverage, and use this powder on top. Its got great coverage ( have discoloration on my chin and does a fine job) didn't break me out, and absolutely love the finish. Its soft, luminous, and not heavy. My skin glows! I used a kabuki brush if applying over foundation, or just the sponge that comes with it for lazier days. I was pleasantly surprised by the packaging. Its a screw off top with a mirror in the lid, and I just remember to replace the thin plastic disc and place my sponge on it. Enjoy ladies, I really love this product!

on 11/19/2007 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this as a foundation that looks like you aren't wearing makeup, and it really does give you that glow that isn't from glitter or sparkly pieces. It looks like my skin but flawless. I have an uneven complexion and it makes me look like I have bright young glowy skin! I love this and it's worth the price. I've tried foundation from YSL, BE, Stila, Shiseido, Clinique, Dior, drugstore brands, etc, and this is what I have been looking for.

on 10/7/2007 1:06:00 AM

Love this. I use this over my fresh concealer. leaves me looking real, not powdery and fake. A plus =its mineral. A bit on the pricey side but it lasts a while. Pretty packaging HG powder

UPDATE: as time goes by, I have realized that i absolutely love this. i use it as a setting powder and its perfect. Everything i could want in a powder. when i was out of town and forgot to pack this, i had to make due with aveda's loose powder which also has a little bit of shimmery particles in it. But it does not compare to this. Aveda's powder leaves my skin looking makeupy and slightly cakey in the t zone, while this sets my makeup without making me look fake and it just makes me look more alike especially in the wee-early morning hours. I LOVE this. Yes it expensive, but i have had my compact for 2 months already and i have only used about less than half. So, if i get 4 months of use out of this, or even 3 months then Im happy. sooo worth it.
I rebought this again for the third time today and its still great.
2nd edit: OK so i rebought this again, and since i am now using LM tinted moistuizer it doesn't look so good... still a great powder but i have converted to LM powder