Chanel Infrarouge 07 Downtown

No Image

on 2/4/2007 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday, but this is absolutely the best brown I've ever seen or tried! As the previous reviewers have stated: it's not too dark or too light: it's perfect.

I'm a cool PPP, and this is just amazing and great: darker than my nude Guerlain (Envie de Beige) and lighter than some other almost-black-like browns which make me look like some kind of halloween ghost. ;) It's good for a party make-up but it's natural enought to be worn daytime at work.

Buy it, you won't regret!:) continued >>

on 6/6/2006 7:42:00 AM

I always come back to Chanel Infrarouge line after I go to drugstores and fool my self bying cheaper listicks thinking "They are lipsticks and they are all the same, there is no point in paying so much for a lipstick". But there really is a point of paying this much for a lipstick! Because these really are superior. They are the best in smoothness, no scent and best staying powder and yet no drying and they have never turned color and they never bleed even if I did not remember to line my lips. They feel like nothing on. Downtown is a basic shade and a no brainer beige-brown nude that does not wash out my PPP complexion with unpigmented lips. I adore this and I hope Chanel never discontinues this. It is so smooth and beautiful on my lips. I can see the difference and I can feel it. Only bad thing is the plastic packaging which can break just like any of those cheaper lipsticks. Packaging vice, Clinique makes the best ones (it is iron or something).
EDIT: I have desided this is the lightset Nude lip Ill do. I personally dont like pink lips on me or on others and lihtr than this washes me out. This is a little bit warm rosey (not pink) on my lips too. Very flattering.

on 12/13/2005 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i totally agrees with jasmin3w4 ..its not too light and too dark..It looks good by itself or with a lipliner..I;ve been looking for the perfect brown for a long long time! some either turn pinkish for me or some too dark ! but this just gets better after some time!i'm really happy!

Then next closest one would be the I-Nuovi in Buff. I'm already thinking of stocking up on Downtown.

For those who's been looking for the perfect brown shade give Downtown a try!

on 3/3/2005 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love Chanel's infrarouge line because of the special effect the colors have in different light. This color looks like a bronzy gold color in the tube and applies as a medium golden brown on my NC35-40 complexion. It almost goes on like a YLBB shade and seems to look great in every light. I would reccomend this to anyone looking for the perfect shade of brown that's not to dark and not too light.