MAC Cosmetics Velvet Teddy

MAC Cosmetics Velvet Teddy

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate, [+/-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 9/6/2018 7:31:00 PM

I just love velvet Teddy. It's such a nice nudey shade with great staying power. You can wear it casual or glam it up with a lip liner and some plumper gloss over the top.
I hope they forever stock this shade x

on 8/29/2018 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Velvet Teddy looks horribly greyish on me: not flattering at all. A better nude for a deep winter might be Spirit, perhaps?

on 8/4/2018 3:41:00 AM

I wear C3 in MAC Face & Body, which is around an NC30 with some light olive neutral undertones. My overall colouring is high-contrast (I have black hair and dark eyes).

Velvet Teddy is no doubt one of MAC's most famous (if not THE most famous) lipsticks. It comes in their traditional Matte formula (imo still one of the best ones in the market), which goes on smooth and creamy with virtually no tugging. There is a *hint* of a shine to it, but otherwise true to its formula name it is just matte.

Velvet Teddy is tricky to describe. It's really a chameleon - I would say the shade is kind of a neutral beigey-brown. Because it doesn't lean particularly warm or cool, this makes it an easy lipstick to manipulate or use as a layering lipstick. My favourite way to wear it is paired with MAC's Spice lip liner. Personally for my skintone, by itself I'm not a fan - it borders on concealer-lips for me and is a little too nude. I need to line my lips with something darker so that it doesn't wash me out and just disappear into my face.

I enjoy Velvet Teddy for when I'm going for a nude lip. But there are other MAC lipsticks imo which look more flattering on my skintone, and don't need extra effort to make it look good - so I probably wouldn't repurchase this. If you're around my skintone or darker, I'd suggest trying MAC's Taupe or Persistence, or Toast and Butter in their Liptensity range. These shades are to us medium-skinned ladies what Velvet Teddy is to lighter-skinned women.

Also if you already own the MAC lipstick in Hug Me from their Lustre range, I would skip out on Velvet Teddy as they are very similar in colour, just that Hug Me is a shiny, sheer finish.

This is my favourite everyday lipstick, on me it’s orange-brown, I love love love it! The formula is also very nice, creamy and non-drying, love mac mattes, these are my favourite lipstick formula ever, and the colour selection is also awesome.

on 7/22/2018 9:32:00 AM

I tried this shade on in the MAC store and really liked it, but when I took it home and put it on, something felt . . . off about the color. I think it morphed into a strictly warm beige on me and the pink got lost. That being said, just because I fumbled on the color doesn't mean it isn't a good product! MAC's mattes are actually quite comfortable (the retro mattes are a different story) and this glides onto my lips nicely. The good thing about this shade is particular is that you can get it in a mini, so if you're like me and end up not caring for the color, at least you're not wasting a full tube!

on 7/7/2018 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my go-to everyday neutral lipstick. The matte finish gives my lips a MLBB color and a polished and put together look. Best of all, the formula is comfortable and doesn't get dry and cracked.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

favorite Mac lipstick EVER! I have been wearing Mac for YEARS and NEVER would I have worn a matte as I dont like the look of flat matte and the dryness...well was I wrong! The only reason I even tried it was that Mac came out with the minis and I though WTF....I'll try. Man am I happy I did! For a matte lipstick this is so NOT drying. The gals that are reviewing that it is dry and make their lips look dry probably have never heard of exfoliating their lips. I do this once a week and I find that this lipstick is so smooth. It has that gorgeous signature vanilla Mac scent that I CANNOT get enough of. On me this colour goes on a nudey brown but after about 1/2 an hour it warms up to a nudey brown gorgeous very suptle pink hue. So beautiful. Goes with everything too. So happy with this and I will say 100% I am not a matte Velvet Teddy girl for life. They had just better never discontinue! Buy it!

on 7/3/2018 5:48:00 PM

I was looking for a neutral soft lip color and got this because of the rave reviews I have seen. It’s just ok to me; it is more brown than pink, and a little darker than I would have liked. It looks muddy on me unless I use a pinker lip liner and or gloss over it. For reference, I’m about an NC35. Decent texture, lasts a long time, but not a go to for me.

on 6/15/2018 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My all time favourite lipstick, favourite formula and favourite colour. Lasts all day even with eating. Used mainly with soar and whirl lipliner and would definately recommend to everyone!

on 7/3/2018 4:33:00 PM

This is a perfect nude / pink ( depending on your lip colour). I love this lipstick it’s perfect for that “ softer” look you’re wanting e.g for weddings / bridal makeup . This is a matte finish and it’s one of the creamier formulas from the Mac matte lipsticks in my opinion. It’s lasts ages too! The amount of product is fair. However the price in the UK is now £17.50. Mac know this is a cult product of theirs and now are increasing the lipstick prices every year it seems which is really off putting for me. Overall I would buy again if I couldn’t find a perfect dupe.