4.3

price range

Reviews

from

4 years ago

Oh, I love this lipstick!! I think the color is a bit more orange than pink, which matches my lips better. I didn't realise that my lips are actually orange-ish until I tried this lipstick. It looks really natural and pretty on me. The formula is supposed to be matte, but compared to my Ruby Woo Mac lipstick, it isn't at all. I find that the Ruby Woo one is kind of hard to apply and really matte on the lips, this is more as a satin in my opinion. Lasts for about 3 hours on my lips if I don't eat anything, but takes a few seconds to reapply if you just throw it in the purse. The scent is amazing as well!

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

4 years ago

Honestly I bought Velvet Teddy because of all the hype about it from Kylie Jenner. At first I was going to get Mehr because an employee recommended it to me, but I already had similar lipsticks to Mehr, so I ended up buying this shade. It's a gorgeous shade! I got compliments on it while wearing it. I don't know if I'm the only person who has experienced this while wearing it, but it looks different on me for some days. Some days it looks like a deep toned beige as described on the Mac website and sometimes it looks like a perfect pinky brown Kylie shade for my skin tone. I don't really like when it looks beige on me because it doesn't compliment my cool undertoned skin. I love the smell! It smells like vanilla cupcakes. It's applies on smoothly, but can get pretty drying. It lasted for 4 hours which is pretty good. I wish it lasted longer though.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

4 years ago

Super hard to get a hold of but turned out to be decent! I really do like the color and it doesn't dry and get cakey which keeps me using this as a staple part of my skincare regimen. I really enjoy this :)

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown

HairBlond

4 years ago

Like some other reviewers have mentioned, at first I was hesitant that this color wouldn't suit my skintone (NC25), and initially I thought it pulled a bit grey on me. That was under the harsh lights at MAC though, and now I am absolutely in LOVE with this lipstick. Definitely one of my all time favorites, along with a liquid lipstick from TheBalm (in a very similar shade, might I add). I love the texture, smell, and it lasts decently long if you are not eating/drinking. I'd definitely get another one were I to run out.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I absolutely love this lipstick! I use it everytime I do my makeup I love the nudey brown colour and I think this lipstick suits all skin tones the price is okay it is a bit expensive but I have this lipstick 6 months and use it almost daily and it lasts a long time.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Velvet Teddy is a gorgeous shade on me. I didn't think it would look too good on me because I'm of Asian skin tone. I thought it would look peachy on me but it ended up looking mauvey brownish which was sooo pretty! The formula (matte) is also great and is nor moisturizing or drying. I think if you're on the edge of trying this, definitely try it. I think this shade would look good on anyone. The only downside is the price, at $17 I think? It's a little bit pricy, but worth it.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

This was my first Mac lipstick. I heard the hype on this color and was already really into matte mauves and browns so I went to the store specifically seeking this one. I absolutely loooove this color so much and the formula is great. I am fair skinned and blonde and this is just a great everyday lipstick if you're into these types of colors. This goes with every makeup look and it really compliments my skin tone. The formula is really smooth and not drying on my lips whatsoever. It has really good lasting power and it fades nicely. I wear this pretty much on the daily and plan to repurchase when it finally runs out. Lol

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I absolutely love the colour of this lipstick. After all the hype over it being a kylie jenner colour, I thought I would never get my hands on it. When I did, I was over the moon, and I think its one of the most gorgeous colours I have had. Unlike some matte lipsticks, this is not drying at all and I find myself reaching for it on a daily basis, because it is so wearable and will go with almost any eye look or outfit. I will definitely be repurchasing after I finish the tube I currently have.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

3.0

4 years ago

Okay, so for people of color, this lipstick does tend to look a little pale and verges on looking ashy. The formula is actually great if we are just talking texture and staying power, and tbh I love MAC's lipsticks, but be forewarned that if your skin is in the caramel to chocolate range, this lipstick will look like a pale nude, not like the cute muted mauve with chocolate undertones that it appears to be on people with fairer skin. My skin is in the caramel toffee colored range, and this makes my lips look really pale. I can still wear it (usually mixed with other colors) but I have had to find alternatives to get the beautiful color effects of Velvet Teddy to show up against my skin tone. Tom Ford's "Temptation Waits" and Christian Louboutin's "Zoulou" come really close and I think they would look great on all skin tones tbh. I hope this helps somebody out there because I was so disappointed in how this color looked on me when I tried it on, but I still think it looks stunning on others.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBlack, Kinky, Fine

from

4 years ago

i picked up this lipstick on the back to mac program (Trade in 6 empty mac containers in exchange for 1 free mac lip product of your choice) And after waiting for velvet teddy to come back in stock after numorous trys to get this lipstick i finally got my hands on it! And let me tell you it was well worth the wait!???? A brownish nude colour with a matte formula, i've tryed so many matte lipsticks before but none with this texture it still drys to a matte finish but its not drying its creamy aswell its the perfect balance and makes my lips look amazing!! Colour is beautiful and im so happy i got it i would defintley repurchase! Even though i didnt pay for the lipstick personally when i use up this tube i think its defintley worth its price tag and its now my holy grail lipstick! Perfect for day/night wear and compliments so many makeup looks :) Go buy it nowwww!!!! a makeup staple that should be in every beautiful girls makeup collection! Hope this review helps ????

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age36-43