4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

This is a beautiful shade but I don't think I'll be purchasing, as my lips are slightly too pigmented for this lipstick (although the color payoff and opacity are great). I'll probably try Spirit or Taupe instead, which look like darker versions of VT. I'm definitely not in a hurry to finish off this lipstick though, since it looks gorgeous on top of my lip liner (RImmel Exaggerate lip liner in 018 Addiction). PROS: - lovely color that is pretty opaque - not as drying as other matte lipsticks - really smooth application - sweet vanilla dessert scent - long lasting, although I need to reapply after greasy food like fried chicken CONS: - my lips are a bit too pigmented for this shade, although it looks great with my NC20/25 skintone (I have to use lipliner under it) - mildly drying, definitely need to use lip balm under it

About reviewer (71 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I'm NC30 and this shade is a gorgeous peachy nude brown. The matte formula is very comfortable on my lips however it does show every line in my lips. Long lasting as well. Best part is that I got it free with my B2M!

About reviewer (725 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

3 years ago

Great lipstick. One of my favorites for sure. It's a great color to wear to work, or a meeting but also can be worn at night or to a get together with friends. My only issue is that it is drying. like VERY DRYING. so be sure to moisturize your lips hours in advanced if you are planning to wear it.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

This is one of my favourite MAC lipsticks, if not my favourite! It truly is a beautiful reddish brown shade on me and I'm a light to medium skin tone. It looks absolutely stunning, especially on pale skin! Its similar to that gorgeous 90's lip colour that all the supermodel's used to rock back in the day. Its a matte shade so I find that it lasts a long time on me and keeps its high pigment, even through eating and drinking. When lined with a matching lip liner it lasts even longer and gives you that gorgeous Kylie Jenner lip. It may look different on various skin tones so please bear this in mind when purchasing, however I'm pretty sure it would look flattering on everyone! The only downside to this lipstick is that it can be quite drying because its so matte. Its worth wearing a lip balm underneath or moisturizing your lips to prevent this. I love the simple packaging of MAC lipsticks, its always high quality and I love that there isn't an unpleasant scent to them like some lipsticks. The price point is a little steep (£15.00) but its well worth it for such a good lipstick!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I was so excited to get this cult fave, but it doesn't look the same on me as many of the photos and swatches I've seen. It pulls a lot more reddish brown. It actually looks decent, not my most flattering shade but not unflattering either. However, I prefer colors that look more natural on me, so I probably won't repurchase.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

The love I have for this lipstick is so real! Velvet Teddy is a beautiful light rosey shade with brown undertones. I would not describe it as a mauve as some people would, mauve by definition is a pale purple colour and imo velvet teddy has no purple hue to it at all. I personally hate any colour that leans more toward the pink spectrum as it doesn't flatter my olive undertones much. I'm currently NC35-37 as I caught a tan during the summer, usually I am NC30 but regardless of that during the whole year I reach for velvet teddy the most from all the lippies in my collection (and girl trust me there's a lot, I own way too many lippies for my own good LOL) its just one of those lipsticks that compliment basically all makeup looks, finishes it off so perfectly. The finish is usually more of a satin than matte on my lips but some days if I want a matte liquid lipstick type look I'll just pat on some translucent powder to help with that. Some days I even opt for eyeshadow to mattify, if I want more of a brown look I'll usually use a transition shade or mix and match depending on my mood for that day. I like Whirl, Spice, Stripdown and Etcetera lipliner to pair with Velvet Teddy. Velvet Teddy and Spirit are my two go-to fav MAC lippies (for reference, Spirit is a deeper version of VT) btw, when you reach the 'end' of the bullet its not actually the end, I take a clean Q-tip and dig around the bottom of the tube and usually pull up enough product to use for another week or two (I store in a clean contact lens case)

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

The lipstick is a bit "ehh" in my opinion. I am not sure how I feel about this. Ladies with slightly pigmented lips might not be a fan of this lipstick. You can pair it with your favorite lipliner (I use mac spice lipliner) in case your lips are pigmented, the lipstick would look different depending on the liner you use (this is one of the reasons why I don't hate it). I personally like to use velvet teddy when I go for a heavy eyemakeup as the nudish colour on my lips help to focus on my eyes more. I will go with 3 stars because I wish the lipstick was more pigmented and long lasting. However it might look great on others depending on their natural lip colour :)

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

3 years ago

I find this particular shade to be a chameleon; it looks different on every person depending on their skin tone. In most online swatch videos and pictures, I saw that it was a medium brown to a pinky-nude. On my medium skin tone, I found it to be too pale. I found it to be drying but that was because my lips were chapped; if you apply chapstick or vaseline underneath, it will be nice and smooth. Despite the color mismatch, the formula was opaque. I wish MAC did not increase the prices of their lipsticks; I believe even one or two dollars makes a difference. However, the price is comparable to that of other high-end lipsticks.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

4 years ago

i really don't get what the hype is about, i honestlg don't. it looks greyish on me and drys up my lips really bad.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrunette

4 years ago

Quite honestly, I think this product is overhyped. I'm surprised I wasn't the world's biggest fan of it - I love MAC and their products, and am rarely disappointed, but this one was just a let down. It's just an 'okay' product, hence the three lippies. The most important two things in a lip product for me are lasting power and how it feels on my lips (if it's drying or overly creamy, etc). The lasting power wasn't exceptional with this one, and I am not a constant lip licker or snack lover or anything like that - if anything, the contrary. It transfers very easily as soon as I eat or drink. I have a lip balm from Nivea that lasts longer than this lipstick. It feels great on my lips, though, I'll give it that - it had the right balance of being moist but not overly heavy and petroleum jelly-like. It's not drying at all. Funnily enough, velvet teddy is the EXACT colour of my lips, so it's a wonderful nude for every day. It matches every look and the colour is just stunning. All in all, though, it was not worth the 27 dollars I paid for it. For that money it's going to have to be more than 'okay' for a repurchase, which isn't going to happen. I have much cheaper holy grail lip products and thus have no need for this, really, despite the lovely colour.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral