4.3

price range

Reviews

2.0

3 years ago

I heard so much raving over this shade - went to MAC and blind bought it as a set with a liner for $34CAD. I was eager to try it, but sadly it comes off as extremely brown on me. I am unsure if it was just the batch that I picked up but this comes off on me as a muddy brown that is not flattering. I ended up giving it to my mother.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I like MAC nude lipsticks and thought I'd give this a try, sight unseen (duo deal with a Boldly Bare liner.) I am a NW-25-30, but really, I'm neutral beige with some cool tones but my eyes are a deep emerald moss green color and I have a few freckles so I have some warm tones. My sister, who I get accused of being a twin with, is completely cool toned and wears icy pastels, which I can't. She always comments that I have different coloring and my mom used to wear terra cotta lipstick and blush--I seem to be similar. So if you are warm, this is for you. If you are icy cool, I'd say not the best choice. I usually wear cool tone lipsticks as they keep my teeth looking whiter but I like neutral nudes too. This color pulls very orange on me. It's a nude corally brown. On a warm gal, that could look completely MLBB but on me it's definitely warmer than I usually wear. However, with warm tone clothing, it goes well. I added a touch of lip gloss over and that took down some of the orange. Using a brush made it even more MLBB on me. Downsides: It will make your teeth look more yellowish. It is VERY DRYING. Applied out of the tube, I got caking and dryness in the lines in minutes. Using a lip brush, I got a very natural look and it was a lot more comfortable to wear. Mattes can be difficult. As a lip stain (apply with finger on lips after stroking on) works very well. A good color mixed with others. Have a too cool pink nude? Mix this in. Bottom Line: A great nude, not too light, but takes some tweaking on some people. Balm underneath, cool down the liner for a less orange aspect, or use lipgloss over top. Good density. Versatile.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I bought this is the shade scents packaging. I love the product. The color is perfect. I'm about a NW 20 and it looks like a peachy terracota nude shade on me. I used to own faux and twig but I felt they looked way too pink on me. Velvet Teddy is perfect and looks good with everything. I usually like pairing it with a bold winged eyeliner.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

3 years ago

I bought Velvet Teddy a little over a year ago, but never reached for it until recently, and now I find myself reaching for it at least once a week (which is very often for me, since I have 100+ lippies.) For reference, I am NC20-25, with dark hair and eyes. Velvet Teddy is the perfect shade of nude pink-brown for me. Not the super nudes like Myth or Creme d'Nude that I used to reach for in my younger years, but something that looks polished which I can wear with minimal eye makeup and not look washed out. I've been using it with a pinker Gucci lip liner (Rose-something -- can't remember the name off the top of my head), and they really couple well together. If you found Whirl too dark and plum, Twig too dark and orange, and Kinda Sexy too light or coral, try Velvet Teddy. It is similar to Half 'n Half, except H'nH pulls more brown. My only complaint is the texture - not necessarily that it is drying, as even though it is a matte, I don't find myself wanting to peel my lips off. But that it does have a tendency to sink into the lip lines a bit, which can be unattractive, so you may want to try it with a lip primer. Overall, a staple in my makeup bag, and one that I will continue to buy.

About reviewer (908 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

Favorite lipstick of all time, it is my go to everytime no matter what I am doing with my makeup, it looks good when I do something dramatic in my eyes or if I an just putting some mascara. Love Mac matte lipstick formula, it is hot drying. and it last a pretty long time on my lips because of the opacity of the color. My favorite forever and ever.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

2.0

3 years ago

Unfortunately velvet teddy did not live up to the hype for me. I have a medium - tan completion and pigmented lips. Velvet teddy drew the life out of my face, it gave me an almost ashy look and even with heavy bb cream (I don't wear foundation) it still wasn't a great shade on me. If I'm comparing nudes, twig is the best light shade for me so far after trying nudes, mauves and light pink, nothing has beaten twig.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

3 years ago

I really wanted to love this colour- it seems to look SO great on SO many others. I have light skin, with neutral/olive undertones (not sure exactly- but I do not have a strong pink undertone or porcelain). On me, I find this lipstick to be darker in tone than I expected from pictures on the internet , and it just looks brown. Because I found the formula drying, I don't think I could pull it off for more than a few hours (not a full work day for sure). I don't get the pretty mauve-y colour that seems to pull on so many others. have worn it out at night when trying to capture a 90's vibe and liked it enough in the dim lighting of a bar. I have found Kinda Sexy- which leans a lot more peach- to be more flattering while still giving the brown/nude vide.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is my favourite lipstick ever. It smells so good and lasts all day on the lips. It is the perfect nude shade and it is wearable on an everyday basis. It applies so easily and matches any eye look. The price is quite high but for the product it is totally worth it. I would definitely repurchase and if you are looking for a matte lipstick I would definitely recommend it. It tastes amazing and feels smooth on the lips. 10/10.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

One of my all time favorite lipsticks. A nude lipstick that doesn't give me concealer mouth or wash me out. It's the perfect balance of brown and peach. It's a great color that looks good on just about everyone. It's not too dark but not too light either. It's a bestseller for good reason.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBlond

from

3 years ago

This was the first MAC product I ever bought, now almost finished my second tube! Such a nice everyday colour and adjusts to different skin tones.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age19-24