4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

Beautiful colour and great quality.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

4 years ago

I'm usually go for pinks or reds when it comes to lipstick but I decided to try this one out and I absolutely love it! It's definitely my go to lipstick!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

4 years ago

unique colour, lovely matte finish which doesn't dry out my lips, decent staying power.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

Love it!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

I have to admit, I brought Velvet Teddy because of the Kylie Jenner hype. I wasn't sure if it would suit me or not because I don't often suit brown/nude lipstick however I was happily surprised that it did indeed suit me. My skintone is around a NW20 and Velvet Teddy looks more like a brown lipstick than a nude on me. I would first use a lip balm to prep my lips, then I would use the Mac prolongwear pencil in Cultured all over my lips. I would then outline my lips with Mac's Whirl lipliner, use Velvet Teddy and re-outline my lips in Whirl. Velvet Teddy is a matte but it applies very creamy at first. It will dry out over wear but I would usually reapply the lipstick or add some more balm. Overall it's worth the hype as it's a really nice lipstick that has me lusting over more brown/nude lipstick.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

Just bought Velvet Teddy today, read a lot of good comments and decided to try it for myself and I have to say that I'm in love! Formula's not drying for a matte lipstick. Perfect nude shade. Not too crazy about the price though but definitely worth every penny.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Velvet Teddy is a great, brown-nude. It has a matte finish and is comfortable to wear. It glides on easily and is particularly non-drying for a matte finish lipstick. The colour is great. It is obviously brown based but is not too dark on my NC15 skin. It works well with numerous looks and I especially like it for daily wear. It is suprisingly flattering. It has 90s vibes but is very on trend and doesn't look dated. I love this colour and think it suits me well.

About reviewer (732 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

4 years ago

Had to try it because of all the hype. Velvet Teddy is a beautiful, natural everyday color. It is super comfortable to wear unlike other MAC lipsticks—particularly the matte ones, but that's a given. I wanted to like it so badly, but it just didn't look good on my pigmented (almost red) lips and super yellow undertone. It starts off as a nice nude pink on me and pulls somewhat grey later in the day for some reason. Not a bad color if you're into the griege look, I guess. Good to swatch in store if you can.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBlack

4 years ago

I'd resisted trying this, thinking it was being hyped up, but I'm so glad I eventually did. I've tried many nudes but this is the one which looks natural on me and doesn't make me look washed out. I think this would suit and skin tone. It's actually quite creamy considering that it's matte and it glides onto the lips and doesn't leave them feeling dry. It has good staying power, looks reddish-brown/pink on me and really is the perfect MLBB so I'll continue wearing this. Why did I resist so long? This is the colour I've been needing for so long!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Love this lipstick. I wear this a lot for both daytime and night time looks and goes with a lot! I pair it with whirl or spice lip pencil. One of my fav mac shades

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm