Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I picked this up a few years ago and used it occasionally to set my liquid foundation. However, I got tired of putting on a full face of makeup everyday. After looking through my makeup collection without much luck, I once again happened across this powder. I'm so glad I did! I use this on its own for a medium build-able coverage foundation. I have oily skin, and this mattifys without looking powdery. I also find that I can go an entire day with this on my face, I just need to blot a few times. I highly recommend this product, and although it is a little expensive, physicians formula often does 40% off.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Absolutely love this. Gives the most natural, gorgeous skin finish yet controls oil at the same time. Medium to full coverage. I have two compacts of this - "Translucent" for winter, and "Beige" for summer. I've been wearing "Beige" almost daily for 7 months now (I fake tan my olive skin) and have made quite the dent in it. It's incredible. No breakouts, no irritated skin. Beautiful color an flawless coverage. Lasts all day with little to no touch ups on my combo oily skin. HG. After cleansing and moisturizing, I apply concealer where I need it, then buff this powder all over with Real Techniques Buffing Brush ( also HG.) I love this and I'll never stop wearing it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This face powder is a staple in my makeup bag. I am 15 years old HS student with finicky teen skin - oily on the forehead, dry everywhere else, and very sensitive to fragrances, heavy mineral oils and chemicals. I am not acne prone but I do get little whiteheads and blackheads sometimes. I have this powder in "Beige", it's way too dark for my face but it matches my NC30 tan neck and body perfectly, which is what matters. It's very loosely pressed and can get a bit messy; it's also highly pigmented. You only need a little for light/medium coverage and can easily be built up to full coverage when you need it. At first it looks a bit powdery but within 20 minutes or so it sets and looks just like my skin, but better. Throughout the day it controls my oily skin without looking too matte or grossly powdery - it just looks like balanced, happy skin. Easy to bring with me and touch up throughout the day. I use my MAC buffing brush to apply, after conditioning my skin with Josie Maran Argan Oil Light and it looks flawless. I like the packaging - not the prettiest ever; but it works and I like the mirror. Small compartment and brush it came with is useless to me - I always use my own brushes. But that's a small inconvenience to how amazing this powder is.
Plus, my sensitive skin wears this powder for 9 hours a day for 4 months now, and hasn't broken out or felt irritated at all. My skin hasn't broken out in forever. LOVE THIS, it will be in my makeup bag forever!

on 11/26/2013 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Impressive, excellent powder - I wear this in Buff Beige for summer or Creamy Natural in the winter (NC25-30 in MAC, Bobbi Brown Beige for reference). It's the softest powder I've ever used, almost like butter on my brush. it. It has an SPF of 16 with 6% Titanium Dioxide and 4.2% Zinc Oxide, making it perfect for touching up during the day for a bit of extra SPF protection.

Very soft on skin too, natural looking and not dusty or drying. I prefer this to MAC's careblend powder or even La Mer's loose powder which I use as well, but found these a bit too "dusty" - the PF one is almost cream-like, fluffy and you only need to lightly tap your brush against the compact to pick it up, no digging or repeated brush mashing. Be careful not to drop this one as mentioned above, as it is quite soft, creamy and and may break easily, although this has never happened to me (yet!). It has light coverage. I use it alone just to prevent an oily t-zone or to even out my skin and also to set foundation without that heavy look and feel of powder.

In all honesty - this is the only powder I've used which does not emphasize or cause dry patches nor feel heavy, and having combination skin, I've tried so many different types of powders I have lost count. Before leaving my house in the mornings, I always check my skin in a mirror beside a window to see if everything is blended well and if any make-up is visible in natural daylight - and this passes my test. I hope they never discontinue this powder, I love it!!!

on 8/4/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've owned this product for all of two days, so I can't comment as to long term results. I don't regularly use primer or concealer or foundation or powder on my face because I don't like the look of layers on skin - but I like this product. I bought it in "translucent", which ...I shouldn't have because I'm olive toned, yet it looks absolutely fine when brushed on lightly. it doesn't look cakey, yet my skin tone looks even after I use it.
Best of all, I think i can use it daily -iit takes two seconds to rub on, ts so light, i dont have to add ten more things to my face, yet it still makes me look put together.

on 5/26/2012 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my second compact of this powder in Beige. Amazing, I almost never do that. I use it to set my foundation, not on its own. I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer all over my face for the retinol and SPF. The retinol really helps keep my cystic acne under control. Then I apply foundation over the areas where I need more coverage and Mac Studio Finish Concealer NC20 (with yet more SPF) over my acne marks I'm trying to fade. Then this finishing powder. Looks great! The color Beige matches me perfectly. I also have this in Translucent but it is a bit white on me. The compact itself does not seem terribly sturdy so I use it only at home with a Real Techniques brush (not the sponge). In my purse, I carry Clinique powder because it also provides great coverage and SPF, but the compact is stronger and the mirror easier to use.
BTW-I got this as part of the PF Complexion Kit in Medium. This included a blush and mineral veil dupe. It was $15 on sale at Ulta and then I used a coupon so it was about $12 for all three. Super good deal!

on 5/26/2012 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

on 1/5/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love to use this as a powder foundation, after moisturizer and primer it makes my skin look healthy and covers up redness and minor blemishes, and it feels so nice on my skin. It never breaks me out and it sets my liquid foundation pretty good too.

The only issue I have is that in the summer I cannot use this because i get really tan and there is no suitable shade for me( the bronzers look orange on me so those are out of the question), and once you hit pan its only a matter of time until the product crumbles, I just transfer it to a different container after that.

on 11/16/2011 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 3 ($28 for the powder, the finishing veil, and blush; $18 individually)

Packaging: 2

Buy again: yes

----------------------------------------------

I first tried this in 2006, but I had purchased the wrong colour (Beige). I returned it for Translucent Light, which matched my face much better. For reference I am NC30-35, Chinese, olive toned.

I don't use this that often anymore, but when I did use it, I used it as a foundation. I applied with either a flocked foundation sponge, foundation brush, or philosophy The Supernatural multi-use brush. I would swipe or just touch the surface of the powder and then swirl it on my face (brush) or apply in strokes (foundation sponge, brush). It did look powdery at first, but then it melts into your face and looks more natural. I'm not using it right now just because I am currently in love with BB Creams but in the summer I might return to this product.

I found that it looked a little pink for my skintone sometimes but that isn't much of a problem when I am NC25 in the wintertime. I haven't had any problems with oxidation. I've used this on my cousin for her graduation photos and gotten her hooked on it! That says a lot because she's a "no makeup" kind of girl.

I'm acne-prone and this stuff never breaks me out. I found that it made a pretty decent concealer when packed on with a concealer brush like the MAC 194. I don't feel like this powder helps control my oil, however. But, if I blot then it looks great again.

For a drugstore product, it's quite expensive, even at Wal-Mart. However, the product lasts a long time with daily use, so I guess it's not so bad. I've repurchased this product twice, so that says something! The compact (as everyone else has stated) is quite bulky and unnecessarily large. The brush that comes with it is useless. But, I've come to accept that and just use my own brushes or sponges.

on 4/7/2011 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

My shade is Beige. I use this to set my foundation. This powder is light and breathable; it does not cake nor choke my skin. It's quite fine once you swipe it with a brush. The compact is a bit bulky, though. It is more expensive than other drugstore brands but the product is quite good and well worth the money.