Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 8/12/2017 4:42:00 AM

I might have found my holy grail of powder foundations with this product. It goes on easily and stays put all day! Cover can be built up but easiest to use a quick dab of concealer underneath before applying. It has a bit of sun screen as well. So overall, a fantastic, fast, user friendly compact. Also it is a bit pricey to import, but proving to be better than the many high end brands I have tried, that cost considerably more. I use either buff beige or sand beige on my medium skin tone, depending on which days I have fake tan on.
Note: The brush is utterly rubbish, I would not recommend using it.

on 10/23/2015 12:13:00 AM

I spent hours reading the reviews of this and was super excited to try it...but ended up being pretty bummed with the results.
At first, I tried it in the color "translucent". I don't consider myself very tan, actually I would say fair skinned with golden undertones but then again I do live in California, so there's that. Anyway, this way just too white for my face. Coverage was nice, but gave me a ghostly like appearance that no amount of bronzer could fix (I bought the bronzer from the same line, which was okay but not as great as the $4 NYC bronzer I usually buy).
So I kept the translucent hoping that I can maybe use it in winter, and went back to CVS and bought the only other color they have, which is "beige".
This one just didn't seem to have the same coverage as the translucent does. It came out rather spotty and streaky, and just didn't match my skin tone correctly either. Pretty bummed and in my opinion these are WAY overpriced.
Packaging was pretty bulky too - and not a fan of the bright blue compact it comes in. Meh.
I returned the beige to CVS and will try the translucent again in winter to see if it matches my skin a little better.

This foundation is THE BEST!!!!!! !!!! Completely shocked and floored that I like this! If you are like me you will shell out cash for a foundation that works.......a lot of them make.me look worse and break my skin out! I was looking at pictures last week and noticed a lot of the make up I have been wearing looks like a mask and settled into my skin. Also, I look shiny within an hour of applying it and I don't have young oily skin! I have a bit of redness, large pores that get clogged u up and some uneven pigmentation. I want something fast and that would not irratate my.skin. I wanted to look like.me.buy fresher. This makeup did this! I seriously can't believe how.much better I look with this on. I have the middle shade. I had a lot of.pictures taken tonight.and my.skin looked nice in all of them. No shiny greasy or.dried out look. I'm going to buy.a bunch of backups. This might be the one you are looking for if you can't find a foundation.

on 10/27/2014 11:03:00 AM

I love this product, if only it matched me better! I'm fair with olive undertones, so it's extremely difficult for me to find a match in ANY brand. The color match is the only reason I knocked it down a Lilppie. The coverage is pretty good, medium full. But I don't buff on very much. I have combination skin, dry texture but accumulates a lot of t-zone oil throughout the day. This, even when I buff it, doesn't accentuate dry skin- unless I'm peeling which any foundation would show- and it control oil pretty well. I do find it turns almost creamy around my nostrils, but that's after 7 hours of wear! I use translucent and creamy natural, depending in whether or not my base makeup is too light/ dark. I use this over my Almay clear complexion foundation and my PF talc free mineral loose powder, and I still don't look cakey. I even feel like my skin is MORE smooth when I take this off.

on 6/24/2014 6:37:00 PM

Ok. I have a few comments about this powder, if you're interested (which I'm guessing you are if you are browsing this site. heh)

This is not at all the worst powder I have ever used. I have a few pros I will elaborate on in a second but unfortunately, there are also cons. And for me, the negatives outweigh the positives I'm afraid to say.

I'll start with the pros:

1) I really liked the colour match. I bought it in Translucent Light (since I have very pale skin) and found that the undertones to the powder were yellow instead of the traditional pink. That made me quite happy because I do lean more toward yellow toned skin over pink. Anyway, it was one of the best for colour indeed.

2) It seemed to admirably control shine. Not the BEST, imo, but I would say that it did hold up well considering.

3) It really goes on very silky. It has a lovely smooth texture that certainly evens out your skin tone at the same time. I did like the initial pocelain look it produced.

HOWEVER.

Here come the cons…

1) First and foremost, and unfortunately for me the deciding factor in my decision never to repurchase: it does not blend into your skin enough. Meaning that hours after you apply, and you happen to come across a mirror, you CAN see that you are wearing makeup. Urg. I'm sorry to say but that does not work for me. I have tried other brands that are just not as obvious as this one. Perhaps if you were always situated in appropriate lighting, it would not matter but most of us can't control that part of our day lol. Anyway, I really dislike knowing that it is glaringly obvious you're wearing a setting powder. There are other powders that provide the same positives that don't make you cringe at that thought.

2) My second con (which I suppose could actually be seen as a pro - but not for me xD) is that it is VERY difficult to remove. I use a scrub at the end of the day and it takes me 3 washes to remove this powder. I mean, yes, I use a mosturizer before application but never before have I had to wash 3 times, it was that stubborn.
I mentioned it could be seen as a positive and that is because it means that once applied - it's NOT budging for the day! Some people may find that beneficial. But in my opinion, this takes that idea a bit too far and I can't help but wonder - if it is that hard to remove, it MUST be clogging pores as well, right?

Overall, I can't say it's terrible because it's not. But it's also not something I would recommend for my reasons above. Won't be repurchasing.

Alright, alright I'm done talking about this now. If you read it all, you're a star. :P

on 5/22/2014 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This does a great job brushed all over the face almost like foundation or just dusted in the t-zone as a powder. Personally I'm not a complete convert to the whole mineral makeup phenomena. FYI: talc is a mineral! However, if you're going to buy a mineral powder this one is affordable, and I like that it's pressed (i.e. less messy). The translucent light shade I chose blends perfectly with my super fair skintone.

Yuck. My daughter uses this in Creamy Natural and loves it, so I borrowed it from her a few days to try it out as the price is pretty reasonable compared to Pur Minerals and Tarte. Coverage is light, only lasts about 4 hours on my washed and sunscreened/moisturized skin. Finish is natural and it doesn't cake or settle in pores or lines, which is about the best thing I can say about it. Its super powdery and gets everywhere when applying, and worst of all oxidizes like crazy to a orange color on my skin. She doesn't look like an oompa loompa with this on, so maybe it works better on oily/younger skin?! I have normal/combo skin and was horrified when I caught a glance of myself in my rearview mirror. Will not purchase for myself.

on 12/14/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I FREAKIN LOVE THIS POWDER. I've been looking for a full-coverage powder so that I can wear just that without foundation, and this one's been great! It hasn't broken me out, it looks nice, and I don't end up too oily! It's a little pricey ($11.00 ish?) but I, personally, think it's worth it, because it's lasted a long time for me.

I used to LOVE this pressed powder and for years it was my HG. The translucent light shade was perfect for my pale/neutral skin and it had sheer (though buildable), non-chalky coverage. I have very sensitive, combo skin and previously this never caused breakouts or dried me out.

However, the most recent compact I purchased is nothing like the product I fell in love with. It now has a very chalky/powdery finish and doesn't blend well at all. I've also noticed dry, flakey spots on my cheeks since using the new compact. I'm hoping that I just got a 'bad batch' and that Physician's Formula hasn't changed the formulation. I'll continue to use it for now but I'm on the hunt for something better.

on 7/2/2013 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good option especially if you want to reapply a powder sunscreen on your face through out the day. It's fragrance free and a good drugstore mineral powder. I use this in translucent light and it works well if you use a light hand when applying. I wish the color was even lighter but the all physical sunscreen ingredients and the price are the main reasons I continue to buy this again. The packaging is a little bulky but I guess I'm just used to it. It has not caused irritation or break outs on my fair mild rosacea skin.