Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

This product satisfies all my criteria in pressed powders and is very multipurpose! My skin is fair, dry/combination and clog-prone. There are several ways I use this face powder (translucent in winter, creamy natural in summer):
- Lightly buffed over concealer to set (light coverage days)
- Lightly buffed in as a base for Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation (increases longevity/oil control) (medium coverage, 5-7 hours)
- Lightly dusted over BB cream or foundation to set (medium coverage, 10+ hours)

I use this with the Real Techniques powder brush and it applies evenly. Powder is finely milled, a little goes a long way! No need to cake this up for oil control, in fact, applying too much will make you look cakey. This is the only powder I've used that doesn't clog my pores or break me out (not that I've used that many but I've tried highly reviewed products from MAC, Australis and other Physician's Formula)! Considering the good price and high performance of this product, I don't need to hunt for other powders. Packaging could be a bit nicer but otherwise, this is HG!

on 12/12/2014 10:03:00 PM

Absolutely love this. It's usually difficult for me to find a color match when it comes to drugstore products, but Sand Beige is perfect on me (MAC NC 40). Granted, my skin is naturally pretty good, but this made my skin flawless! And it looks very natural, like I don't even have makeup on. I even love this more than the Super BB Powder. I'm not a fan of the applicator it came with, and like to use my Ecotools retractable kabuki instead. Powder is finely milled. Packaging is very cute. Only down side is that darker shades are hard to find. Went to several drugstores and Walmarts before I finally had to order my shade from Amazon.

on 10/22/2011 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this after hearing the rave reviews on MUA. I was trying different brands of mineral makeup since my skin has been broken out for the past year. i got this in Translucent.
Pro: Yes, it provides good coverage if you put a lot on. The company claims it to be minimal in ingredients. But this is not very different from any other drugstore mineral makeups. It does contain parabens so you should check on that.
Cons: Like I said, you will achieve the desired coverage if you put a generous amount on. However, I find that the finish is cakey even with a light dust. It looks very powdery and fake, and dry too. You will see your flakes. (And I do moisturize before applying makeup.)
Even though it looks dead matte when I first apply, about a few hours later it turns my face into an oil slick. I would cake around my nose and other oily area. So no oil control power.
When I first used it in translucent, the color matched my skin. The more I get closer to the pan, the darker it becomes. Now when I use it I look like I have bronzer on.
The powder is not heavily pressed. My brush picks up a lot of product in one light swirl. I have to work with it for a little to get the right amount on my brush before applying. And the powder flies everywhere. Quite messy. I don't have this problem with other powder.
To be fair I don't hate it, but for the price I can get better mineral makeup from other brands. I won't buy again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Have gone through a couple of these and I am planning on buying this again. If complete 100% coverage is what you're looking for, don't wear this alone.
However, for me, it is everything I love in one product. MINERALS. ALL NATURAL.Organic. No funky smells. Not too powdery. Not too loose, and not too pressed: easy to get product on your brush. SPF which I so desperately needed for summer! Everyone needs it, and this is so easy to just sweep on. It actually has very good coverage for a powder, the best out of all drugstore brands. All Physicians Formula products are great. Sometimes I just wear it alone. Will never break you out even if you are acne-prone, in fact I'm pretty sure my skin has been less of a pain since using it. The powder makes me look airbrushed/flawless. The brush that comes with it isn't too bad, it's pretty dense and good for applying. Buildable as well for sheer to medium coverage, you can make the powder pretty heavy, but it never gets cakey which makes me love it even more.
Overall, awesome all-natural powder with SPF, takes me under a minute to apply, very good value for $13, has a silky/cashmere feel, good coverage especially for a powder. Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

on 4/30/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm sad to say this caused my sensitive skin to have a serious breakout, and I won't be repurchasing. In the beginning, this powder gave my face a flawless, airbrushed look and had great coverage. It's a shame my skin reacted badly with it, because otherwise it would've been a perfect product: great coverage, flawless look, reasonably priced (search for PF coupons online and it can be incredibly cheap!), and very portable. If you have sensitive skin, be very wary of the claims that this is a "gentle" and "dermatologist approved"!

on 4/7/2011 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

My shade is Beige. I use this to set my foundation. This powder is light and breathable; it does not cake nor choke my skin. It's quite fine once you swipe it with a brush. The compact is a bit bulky, though. It is more expensive than other drugstore brands but the product is quite good and well worth the money.

I bought this when it first came out a few years ago, I also tried the PF loose mineral powder, which I didn't like nearly as much. I remember liking the pressed powder but of course I bounced around. I've recently returned to it and I can't figure out why I didn't stick with it. Definitely the best drugstore pressed powder. I've used quite a few too, Maybelline Dream Matte, Revlon Colorstay, NYC, etc... but this one trumps them all. I also like it more than MAC Blot, which was a previous fave). I have this in translucent light and it matches my NC20-ish skin (asian, very light with neutral undertones that lean cool) perfectly. I would say it runs a tad dark, I remember getting Translucent before and it was too dark (I got Beige the first time, that was certainly a mistake!). It's sheer but definitely provides some nice coverage and is easily buildable. It even my skintone and neutralizes redness (I have a lot around my nose). It wear it over some spot coverage of CG Aquasmooth in Creamy Natural (a HG for me). I have shamefully large pores and these covers them nicely and doesn't clog them. It feels comfortable and controls oil all day, although I do dust a bit of NYC loose powder over my t-zone sometimes since that region is my oiliest. I usually just do this if I know it will be a long day because I don't often bring anything to touch up with.
It is kind of pricy for a drugstore item, but put into perspective it is also one of very few quality mineral drugstore items and I would argue drugstore items in general. I like that's it's pressed and I love that there are only 12 ingredients. I don't know if it makes a difference at all but I do like the marbled pattern of the powder.
However, it is so finely milled that it creates excess powder at the slightest touch. Just one swipe of my brush and it becomes a loose powder. It can get quite messy. I also think the packaging is ugly and bulky. These two gripes definitely do not outweigh the pros though. I don't mind taking a bit of extra time to press the loose powder onto my brush and packaging has never been that great of a concern to me (plus, I will forgive PF because they do know how to design a cute product, hello Happy Boosters!).

on 9/30/2010 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is prolly the nicest mineral powder you can find in the drugstore. you can pack and pack and itll give you an airbrushed look but if you look close up it doesnt look like you have powder packed on your face. i looooove physicians formula :D

on 10/4/2009 7:12:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! It has medium coverage lasts all day and its smooth . Perfect colour best powder I have tried . I have used up 5 of these babies . ANd I usually dont repeat ANYTHING. I first got it for christmas from my grandma in grade 7 and up till now , grade 9 . I just recently bought it in a 3 pack of physicians formula that came with blush and a matte veil for 28 dollars . Love this stufff LOVEEE IT!!

on 9/9/2009 5:07:00 PM

This is my HG foundation! But I don't need much coverage...