Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 11/3/2018 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because I found a cheap one at Ross. I have normal skin, sensitive, about NC20 in color. Most of the time I have pretty decent skin, so I don't need much coverage: I just use some concealer under my eyes and on blemishes and use a powder foundation to even out the color of my face.

This lasts pretty well on me (but it can partly be because of my sunscreen, which also works as a primer), doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. The color - strange enough - suits me well.

I enjoy using this, but probably wouldn't repurchase just because I prefer Bare Minerals pressed or loose powder foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I am always looking for a talc free powder (talc makes me itch) with coverage that sets foundation and control oil. I was really hoping this one would be it but alas, it was not. I got this is in translucent light which strangely looks lighter then the translucent shade. It's surprisingly heavy coverage and gets cakey really fast. So I apply a small amount and buff it in and my skin looks flawless. But...I'm an oil slick within an hour and I can't powder it down. I look soooooo shiny. So sadly, this is getting returned.

on 10/28/2016 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this powder a lot because it doesn't break me out. It's talc and silicone free which is so difficult to find in foundations.
It covers my redness well but not my spots and acne scars so I would say this gives light to medium coverage (leaning more towards light). However, whilst it does an excellent job of taking away shine, it can be very drying so be careful of using it around the eye area. My one major gripe though (which may stop me from repurchasing) is that the foundation is too dark for my skin, oxidises and turn orange. My face actually looks orange and darker than the colour of my neck. I use translucent light (which is the lightest shade) but unfortunately it is still not light enough :(

Pros:
- talc free and silicone free (yay!), doesn't break me out
- covers redness well
- fantastic at reducing shine and oil
- very natural looking and un-cakey (if it wasn't for the shade difference, I wouldn't be able to tell I'm wearing makeup)
- SPF

Cons:
- the shade translucent light is too dark and orange for my skin (perhaps I could use this as a bronzer?)
- drying when used over time
- oxidises
- doesn't provide acne-prone skin enough coverage (definitely need to follow up with concealer)

on 6/20/2016 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin which is acne prone in recent years...which is strange coz ive always had clear skin in my younger years. Im 27, asian, nc 42 according to mac and i do enjoy this product. So far it hasnt broken me out yet and lets hope it stays that way. It does feel like my own skin and when i wear it alone, not even my sister could make out that i have make up on. She just said my skin looks a lot better and she was surprised to hear that i had make up on. This product stays forever which touch ups, does keep oil at bay and never cakes up. Amazing amazing amazing! Best powder ive ever tried and ive tried a lot, mac, clarins, etc etc ive spent so much money on powders that i couldbt use coz my skin is so damn sensitive. So hey! If you are reading this, u get this powder and u wont regret it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a decent powder for its price. It has a nice matte finish which I love and it stays on my oily face for pretty long. Most importantly it doesn't break me out. I have repurchased this at least 4 times already. This is my favorite drugstore powder. But be careful if u're gonna use it as a "powder" cos I found that its coverage is not as light as a "powder" should be. I tried using it to set my foundation and BB cream but end up looking cakey. It works best as a powder foundation in my opinion. And the range of shades is not great. The packaging is flimsy too, even for a drugstore product. So for all these reasons I have to take one lippie off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I picked this up a few years ago and used it occasionally to set my liquid foundation. However, I got tired of putting on a full face of makeup everyday. After looking through my makeup collection without much luck, I once again happened across this powder. I'm so glad I did! I use this on its own for a medium build-able coverage foundation. I have oily skin, and this mattifys without looking powdery. I also find that I can go an entire day with this on my face, I just need to blot a few times. I highly recommend this product, and although it is a little expensive, physicians formula often does 40% off.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG status! My search for a decent Jane Iredale purepressed base is finally over! Tati was so right when she compared this to JI. However, I find that this powder has an even better benefit over JI's powders - it mattifies better and has better coverage.

I have fair-light skin with yellow/olive undertones, which makes it impossible to find foundation shades at the drugstore. I picked up the powder in Translucent Light which I found was just a touch too light for my tanned skin in the summer, so I also picked up Buff Beige and I mix them. I highly recommend this powder if you want to look flawless without the obvious "I'm wearing foundation!" look.

I just bought this last night in the kit with the blush and the translucent matte powder. I used to have really bad acne and I have some clogged pores I'm trying to clear up and some acne scars so I bought this to give my skin a break from heavy foundations. I just put it on to go shopping and I was beyond impressed. The coverage is great for a powder foundation. It doesn't feel heavy and I like that it has minimal ingredients to prevent breakouts. It even has a handy mirror and brush compartment. For anyone who wants powder foundation I highly recommend this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

(For reference, my skin colour is N3 in the L'oreal True Match line. I have an oily T-zone and dry patches which are more prominent in winter time.) I started using this product last year because I was looking for a replacement for liquid foundation for daily wear. I got the shade Buff Beige at first and I liked the product. I would first apply concealer under my eyes first and then I applied this powder with a normal makeup sponge. I would start to apply it by patting it in areas that needed more coverage. So my nose, and my chin and so on. After application, my face looked matte but quite natural! I also noticed that it reduced the appearance of pores on my nose. It does cover redness but to a certain extent. If you have lots of redness, I suggest using a concealer or layering the powder to cover it. I really like the coverage because it is medium coverage but build-able. However, the colour match was not good for me. It was way too pink and dark for my skin tone. But I didn't want to waste the product so I tried to make it work. I couldn't FULLY finish it before I trying out another colour since I was so unhappy with Buff Beige. So I got the shade Translucent, which is not actually translucent. It's a perfect match for my skin tone. I did notice that the Buff Beige shade had more coverage than Translucent. I would consider Translucent to be low coverage but also build-able. Overall, this powder does not last for a long time on my skin throughout the day. I would say about 4-5 hours. I don't re-apply it or ever touch up make-up throughout the day so I'm sure if I re-applied once I would be good to go. I'm really glad I don't wear liquid foundation on a daily basis anymore. This is perfect and it takes me under a minute to apply (I actually timed it)! My skin does look better, however that is probably due to a change in my skincare habits. But what's important is that this did not cause me to breakout! Yay! I would repurchase it again but I'm dying to branch out and discover the rest of the powder foundation world.

on 5/11/2015 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing! It has great coverage for a powder foundation. I have cystic acne and this mostly covers it. I use the E.L.F powder brush and quickly pat this on my face and go to school! (No primer or concealer) The only downsides are that the colors run a bit dark and orange and that, in my INCREDIBLY oily t-zone, it isn't the best at controlling oil. I use translucent (I prefer light translucent but it isn't sold in a lot of stores in my area and the name is contradicting bc translucent actually has color and coverage lol) and it is slightly orange on my skin. I have combination skin that's SUPER SUPER oily in my t zone and normal everywhere else. The powder has good staying powder everywhere except for my t zone, but to be honest, N O T H I N G ever stays remotely matte in my t zone. Despite that, I've bought this powder about 6 times because I love it so much. Anyways, I still use this everyday and have bought this about 6 times.