Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

4.1

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Rediscovered this after getting tired of my loose mineral foundation getting everywhere. I decided to try this again because of it's short ingredient list. Wasn't expecting much but am pleasantly surprised. My skin has been behaving itself lately (for the most part) so I am mainly looking for something to go over my sunscreen and give me a more finished look with some coverage. This has been great so far, and no breakouts. I do use concealer under eyes and for any problem areas. It's been a few weeks and so far so good, but will update in the fall to see if I am still happy with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Powder.
It’s amazing.
I have it in translucent, but it is fair as hell. I’m fair/light though, so it’s perfect for me. This is my HG powder, pressed or loose. I use this to set the under eye and as an all over foundation/powder. It’s pigmentated as I can ask. It makes my skin look airbrushed. It feels like nothing is on. I don’t know what I did before this powder. I used the Mineral Wear in the blue compact, but this is even better. This over any base erases anything, really. I have decent skin to begin with, but this takes it to the next level.
The powder seems to last all day. Just as long as any powder - pressed or loose, pressed on or baked.
There is no scent, which is great. PF powders have never irritated my sensitive skin. I will admit, I’ve slept with them on (*slaps wrists*), and they never clogged my pores either.
My only complaint is the price. It’s quite expensive for “drugstore”, but prices have been going up for other brands anyway. I have several PF powder compacts though, and have yet for one to run out. So they do last a long time for the price.
I honestly can say that a Physician’s Formula product has not disappointed me yet. I’ve tried their tinted moisturizer, mascara, powders, and eyeliners, and I love them all. I really don’t see a need to spend a lot of money on high end makeup with brands like Physicians Formula and Wet ‘n Wild.
Highly recommend for fair/light skinned.
A+

on 6/2/2017 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've never really been a powder girl, it always tends to break up on me and look weird. But I tried this on a whim, in Translucent. This is NOT a setting powder at all. It's got a good medium coverage, even in Translucent. I put it over a moisterizer with sunscreen and it held up. It's very close to my skin, but better! The brush that came with it is useless and I use a sponge, then buff out with a kabuki brush. It lasts a good four hours on me and then just seems to fade away with some shine breakthrough. But it doesn't break down, oxidize, or streak on me.

on 2/16/2017 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this stuff for a long time. Probably since highschool... and I like it alot. It has almost medium coverage I would say and the colour translucent is a decent enough match for my skin. I like that I can wear it for an extended period of time and not worry about it causing breakouts to my VERY acne prone skin. I also find it doesnt become as shiny on my skin as some mineral powders do. What i dont like is that it applies quite powdery looking and I have to work to make it look good. And it clings to any dryness like crazy. I do think there are probably better mineral powders out there but this is a good standby while I try and find my HG

on 1/15/2016 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this product (in different colors) for years. It was the only powder I ever kept on hand. I do not wear makeup every day - nor do I wear concealer or foundation because I have extremely sensitive/acne prone skin. I use a benzoyl peroxide lotion after I wash my face to keep my acne at bay and my skin clear. Because of this, my skin IS clear, and I do not need heavy concealers/foundation. BUT - because I do use a topical treatment, my face tends to get shiny/oily and has a red/sunburned/suntanned overall color compared to my neck. BP will do that, unfortunately. So I use this as my only makeup. No foundation, no concealer.

It does battle shine (for me) but I do reapply later in the day - making sure to first blot my face with some toilet paper and then reapply a dusting on the shiny spots. Works great for me. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin or using a topical acne treatment.

Edit: I still think this powder is great, but I do need something with more shine control, because this stuff is talc-free. I find that I have to reapply this often, almost every hour - and would like something better than that. However, it's great for skin that breaks out from everything. But what mineral wear/talc-free makeup users have to understand is that products free from talc may give you more shine easily, since talc is a natural oil/moisture absorber. I never realized why most mineral/talc-free products gave me shine faster, this is why. I also have noticed that when I apply the newer versions of this (in translucent) it's much more orange/color than it used to be. I'd like to have something truly sheer without much color, and I find that if I apply this more than once, it tends to start looking cakey or like I've put a lot of colored powder on.

I absolutely love this powder. I apply it with a Real Techniques powder brush and it just applies beautifully. I do agree that it does kick up a bit of powder, but I've used loose powders in the past so that doesn't bother me at all. I hate wearing foundation so I've been on a long search for a good powder and I finally found it. Also, I have very oily skin and this is the only powder that keeps it at bay. The coverage is very nice. It's not too cakey bc of how I apply it, but it definitely does provide decent coverage. Definitely holy grail and will continue to repurchase.

on 4/26/2015 12:19:00 PM

I really really like this powder foundation!

PROS:
TALC FREE
LIGHTWEIGHT
MEDIUM COVERAGE
HOLDS UP WELL OVER TIME
GOOD FOR COMBO SKIN
DRUGSTORE CONVENIENT
STILL LOOKS LIKE SKIN

CONS:
SMALL SHADE RANGE (3 COLORS)
CAN GET DUSTY
HAVE TO PREP SKIN IF DRY

***ABOUT MY SKIN/MY THOUGHTS:
I am about an NW15/NC15 in MAC and I wear the translucent shade of this powder. I have moderate dry flakey skin on sides of my nose but can have combo skin on my face next to nose and chin when it's warmer weather. I feel like this powder really blends into my skin way better than any liquid form of foundation I've tried. My all time fave liquid foundation is Tarte amazonian clay 12 hour full coverage in the squeeze tube. I love that stuff!! That foundation is a bit thick when out of the tube but can be sheered out beautifully. It's hard for me to find a foundation that works on my combo skin and dry patches. I have to constantly exfoliate my nose and moisturize a lot. The PF powder foundation is my HG summer foundation at the moment and I love love love that it's from the drugstore! It provides pretty great coverage (very good medium) and seems to last a good 6-8 hours or more if not in crazy heat. I will definitely repurchase this and use during the summer. It can get a little powdery n dusty if u pat a brush too hard into the compact but will not prevent me from using. Definitely give it a try end if u have dry skin....which I know using a powder on dry skin is a no no. Just exfoliate well and use a face oil or good moisturizer a few mins before applying. I love how light it feels and is never tacky feeling like liquids can be. I use the Cetaphil moisturizer, then bare minerals primer (original) and the loreal miracle blur to fill in pores n fine lines. Then I use the PH powder foundation all over. Then i set with Urban Decay all nighter setting spray since it is a powder. I also use Maybeline instant age rewind eraser under eyes & on small imperfections to conseal before applying the powder. This is my GO TO FOUNDATION ROUTINE.

This powder was more coverage then i was expecting, and not in a bad way. The reason I wouldn't repurchase is because too much product comes off when using it. Like powder everywhere!! Very messy

on 1/4/2015 3:57:00 PM

This is my HG foundation powder. I have used this for years and I always end up coming back to it. It offers medium-full coverage and it never irritates my skin or clogs pores. I am very fair/porcelain in skin color (nc10) and I always buy translucent light and it matches just great! I use a brush to apply for sheer coverage or a puff to apply for full coverage.

As usual the included brush is useless and I always throw them out. The packaging is rather bulky and it breaks easily if dropped onto hard surfaces.

One compact probably lasts me around 7-9 months of daily use so it lasts quite a while!

Pros
-medium to full coverage
-evens skin tone
-doesnt cause acne/clog pores
-doesnt cake
-no perfumes/fragrance
-lasts

Cons
-bulky packaging
-included brush is useless
-range of shades is lacking

This is an awesome powder to keep on hand!

on 11/17/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in "Creamy Natural". I don't really like this very much. It goes on very loose and kind of makes me look like a ghost. It was supposed to be more translucent, or maybe I am imagining things. It's supposed to be "color correcting" but really all it does is make me look much more pale and sickly. The consistency is very thin. When you use the brush that comes with it, it ends up kicking up a LOT of product dust and it goes everywhere. I've used my It Cosmetics powder brush with it and it looks a little better. All in all its just way to dusty for me.