Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After looking at it for weeks, I finally bought a Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder in the shade 2238 Soft Green. I wasn't sure whether or not I'd like this because I have dark (NW40 for reference) skin & thought it might literally look green on my face. I specially wanted to try this pressed powder because I actually do have extra sensitive & breakout-prone skin; when I saw that this reduces irritation & breakouts, I had to try it.

I don't know what was up with the particular package I bought, but it didn't have the brush inside the compact - "includes built-in mirror & brush." It wasn't the end of the world because I don't mind using my own kabuki brush. The powder did cut the shine from my face like any other powder, but not much else. Most of us know that "green" means corrector; this doesn't do much on its own but eliminate shine & offer a little bit of coverage. I loved how it took the oil off my face without totally drying it out. The powder is green-&-white marble in color & comes off a little white on the skin, & looks translucent after it's blended out. Regardless of your skin tone, I recommend a light hand when applying.

I mostly wear this powder alone, but I do sometimes use it to set/finish liquid makeup. This is a great everyday powder if you have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. It costs $14 from Physician's Formula, but it's $5 if you buy it from Ulta.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I do love this product! It's great over foundation for extra coverage without looking cakey, or on its own! Although it makes your face feel stiff and chalky on its own, and this is coming from a girl with oily skin! Nevertheless it still looks great. It doesn't seem to cling to dry patches, or cause acne, and also keeps the oil at bay for a good while! It also makes for a nice natural looking bronzer if you get a shade darker.

My only complaints is that it doesn't seem to come with that much product. It's also pricy, and the shade selection isn't that good - the lightest shade is too dark for me - although it it's so terribly noticeable that I can't get by.

on 2/5/2014 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

(Edited)
I have very oily skin and it gets clogged very easily. This powder doesn't break me out, nor clogs my pores, which I absolutely love. I use the shade Cremy Natural and it's a teeny, tiny bit light for my light/medium skintone, but it's nothing I can't work with. This powder provides a medium coverage (leaning towards the lighter side of medium coverage). It covers quite well most of my few hyperpigmentation spots caused by acne scarring. I wouldn't say it covers really red or dark spots- I still use concealer on top of very dark or red spots. The consistency of this powder is very soft, BUT it's so soft that the powder goes absolutely EVERYWHERE if you're not careful. I apply it with a powder brush and I have to just tap the brush into the product, not rub it because otherwise it goes everywhere and you end up loosing a lot of the product. I like my skin to look as natural as possible, and with a light touch, this powder does look very natural, but if you keep applying too much it can look quite cakey and it becomes quite noticeable that you have makeup on.

I wouldn't say it controls shine, at all. In fact I think I look shinier than with my other powders, but that's not that big of an issue for me, I just blot the excess shine and I'm good to go. The packaging is a little bit too bulky for my taste, but that's not a big deal to me either. I'd say that the price is quite high for a drugstore powder (about $13.95). And I don't like the fact that I can only find this at CVS. Other than that, I think the product is quite good and will probably repurchase.

on 10/5/2012 11:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am very pale, 44 yrs old and have sensitive, combination skin. I had bought this product back when it first came out and remember liking it very much. After I used it all up, I went to trying other products and none of them really did what this product does. I just recently repurchased it and now I know why I had loved it. I use Translucent Light and it is the perfect, neutral shade for my skin. I like a sheer coverage, for foundation, since I'll use a concealor for any spots needing more coverage. This product looks incredibly natural on my skin, doesn't irritate me or cause breakouts and lasts fairly long, as long as its not summer. I can't use this for summer since it doesn't soak up enough oil for me. This product doesn't settle into my fine lines and covers enough without hiding my freckles. I don't like the brush that comes in the packaging and I use a kabuki brush to buff it into my skin instead. For heavier coverage, I use a makeup sponge and "press" it into my skin.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

overall i really do like this product. it doesn't cake or look too light or orange on me. i stay matte longer because my skin isn't clogged by the chemicals. the brush is a bit scratchy and the pan is loose in the case but those are minor issues and the product works well enough that they aren't deal breakers :)

on 1/5/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love to use this as a powder foundation, after moisturizer and primer it makes my skin look healthy and covers up redness and minor blemishes, and it feels so nice on my skin. It never breaks me out and it sets my liquid foundation pretty good too.

The only issue I have is that in the summer I cannot use this because i get really tan and there is no suitable shade for me( the bronzers look orange on me so those are out of the question), and once you hit pan its only a matter of time until the product crumbles, I just transfer it to a different container after that.

on 12/30/2011 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For one, hate the packaging. I didn't think it'd be as bad as people say it is, but it sucks! So big, bulky, and flimsy. I just tried this powder out this morning, about 2 hours ago and can't believe it. It looked fine going on, though it made a bit of a mess being so fine and all. Seemed to match my skintone (I got Translucent Light because I'm quite pale) Then, just went to check in the mirror before heading out and my face is freaking orange-ish like I've been tanned!!! I checked the package and the exp date is fine so?! In a hurry, I just patted on more powder, my Revlon CS in translucent, to tone it down. My face was also already oily, like very oily everywhere. Very upset at this powder. Hopefully it will be okay for the sumemr when I DO have a tan. I also bought another PF powder, non mineral, and will see how that works out later.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my HG powder. No breakouts. Gorgeous color match (I'm wearing translucent light) for very fair skin. And spf 16! Everything I ever wanted from powder.
I've tried Benefit, Manhattan, Givenchy and Vichy. And this one is definitely the winner for me. Though you should be wearing a moisturizer under it (I use PF organic wear tinted moisturizer or Neutrogena Clear Skin moisturizer), otherwise it'll look too powdery, especially if you have combo/dry skin.

I love this powder.

on 4/23/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my very favorite pressed powder. I love the coverage it provides and how well it sets. I use it to cover my nose (which gets shiny), my chin (breakouts) and any other spots I've used concealer. It really makes a huge difference when I use this product.

Update: I am taking this from 5 lippies to 3. Unfortunately I have noticed that this product oxidizes on me pretty terribly. I thought it was foundation and switched foundations. When it kept happening, it finally occurred to me that it was the powder. Huge bummer because I loved the coverage of this.

on 3/5/2011 3:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love love love! It's definitely worth waiting for this to go on sale at CVS, because I got $7 extra care bucks when I bought it. As others have stated, the packaging is quite bulky. Makes my face look flawless though!