Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 8/12/2017 4:42:00 AM

I might have found my holy grail of powder foundations with this product. It goes on easily and stays put all day! Cover can be built up but easiest to use a quick dab of concealer underneath before applying. It has a bit of sun screen as well. So overall, a fantastic, fast, user friendly compact. Also it is a bit pricey to import, but proving to be better than the many high end brands I have tried, that cost considerably more. I use either buff beige or sand beige on my medium skin tone, depending on which days I have fake tan on.
Note: The brush is utterly rubbish, I would not recommend using it.

on 8/3/2017 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pros
Pigmented
Natural finish (not powder, looks like a second skin)
Doesn't clog pores

Cons
Bad packaging
The little brush they give you is terrible! Use a puff instead. This is a product you want to push into the skin, not dust on top (i.e. Elf HD setting powder).

I'm NW10 and use the shade Translucent Light. This doesn't make my bad hormonal acne any worse but it's not like it can fix it either. Since my skin is acne prone it can be difficult to get a powder that absorbs oil but doesn't dry me out, this is the ticket. It really softens the look of my skin and keeps me matte but fresh. It doesn't bunch up on my nose The product itself is so soft to the touch and feels fairly light on the skin. I wear it on my plain skin and it looks like my face is soft but makeup free, and if you wear it over foundation (I use rimmel 25 hour) it has a really airbrushed effect, and still sets the makeup in place. I haven't had the issue with layering like other reviewers have, but I apply my foundation differently than most glam girls or makeup addicts.

edit: adding to my review, i was wrong about the longevity. it lasts in hot humidity fine as long as you aren't really sweaty. the powder takes on a really glowing texture and still looks NATURAL rather than completely matte. The texture on your skin will be sticky (b/c sweat) but it will LOOK OKAY. This feature is important to me because I have combo skin and want my face to look fluid. A+

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

(For reference, my skin colour is N3 in the L'oreal True Match line. I have an oily T-zone and dry patches which are more prominent in winter time.) I started using this product last year because I was looking for a replacement for liquid foundation for daily wear. I got the shade Buff Beige at first and I liked the product. I would first apply concealer under my eyes first and then I applied this powder with a normal makeup sponge. I would start to apply it by patting it in areas that needed more coverage. So my nose, and my chin and so on. After application, my face looked matte but quite natural! I also noticed that it reduced the appearance of pores on my nose. It does cover redness but to a certain extent. If you have lots of redness, I suggest using a concealer or layering the powder to cover it. I really like the coverage because it is medium coverage but build-able. However, the colour match was not good for me. It was way too pink and dark for my skin tone. But I didn't want to waste the product so I tried to make it work. I couldn't FULLY finish it before I trying out another colour since I was so unhappy with Buff Beige. So I got the shade Translucent, which is not actually translucent. It's a perfect match for my skin tone. I did notice that the Buff Beige shade had more coverage than Translucent. I would consider Translucent to be low coverage but also build-able. Overall, this powder does not last for a long time on my skin throughout the day. I would say about 4-5 hours. I don't re-apply it or ever touch up make-up throughout the day so I'm sure if I re-applied once I would be good to go. I'm really glad I don't wear liquid foundation on a daily basis anymore. This is perfect and it takes me under a minute to apply (I actually timed it)! My skin does look better, however that is probably due to a change in my skincare habits. But what's important is that this did not cause me to breakout! Yay! I would repurchase it again but I'm dying to branch out and discover the rest of the powder foundation world.

on 2/11/2015 10:15:00 PM

This made my face itch like crazy. The coverage was good before I had to wash it off.

on 12/12/2014 10:03:00 PM

Absolutely love this. It's usually difficult for me to find a color match when it comes to drugstore products, but Sand Beige is perfect on me (MAC NC 40). Granted, my skin is naturally pretty good, but this made my skin flawless! And it looks very natural, like I don't even have makeup on. I even love this more than the Super BB Powder. I'm not a fan of the applicator it came with, and like to use my Ecotools retractable kabuki instead. Powder is finely milled. Packaging is very cute. Only down side is that darker shades are hard to find. Went to several drugstores and Walmarts before I finally had to order my shade from Amazon.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I ran out my Clinique pressed powder. So I need to get a new pressed powder, but I don't want to spend more on a pressed powder. I decided to try Physicians Formula after watched beauty gurus on youtube mentioned about this powder as their favorite drugstore powder.
So, I bought this, and love this powder. I love the formula, it is soft, it reduce shine and oilyness on my t-zone, and more importantly, it does not give me bumps and acne. I will repurchase this.

on 5/22/2014 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This does a great job brushed all over the face almost like foundation or just dusted in the t-zone as a powder. Personally I'm not a complete convert to the whole mineral makeup phenomena. FYI: talc is a mineral! However, if you're going to buy a mineral powder this one is affordable, and I like that it's pressed (i.e. less messy). The translucent light shade I chose blends perfectly with my super fair skintone.

I tried SO hard to like this product. I probably returned then repurchased it again like three times. And every time I repurchase I'm reminded why I hate it. It makes your skin SHINYYYYY!!!! And when you touch up, it only layers more product & an hour later you're a shine ball again. This contains mica which is a "shine ingredient." Avoid face powders with mica. I do NOT recommend this for oily skin. The coverage is great so if you have dryer skin you would love this after moisturizing!

First I bought this in sand beige and it was waay too dark so I bought beige. still too dark so I got buff beige. this is when I noticed they oxidize badly. buff beige and beige practically turn out to be the same color. It doesn't turn orange though just really dark. if I wear something covering my chest then it will still be a believable skin color (just not mine). Once I realized the formula didn't like my skin I also noticed it didn't do anything to my skin. it looked powdery/chalky and emphasized my pores after awhile (I tried this in the comfort of my own home).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Absolutely love this. Gives the most natural, gorgeous skin finish yet controls oil at the same time. Medium to full coverage. I have two compacts of this - "Translucent" for winter, and "Beige" for summer. I've been wearing "Beige" almost daily for 7 months now (I fake tan my olive skin) and have made quite the dent in it. It's incredible. No breakouts, no irritated skin. Beautiful color an flawless coverage. Lasts all day with little to no touch ups on my combo oily skin. HG. After cleansing and moisturizing, I apply concealer where I need it, then buff this powder all over with Real Techniques Buffing Brush ( also HG.) I love this and I'll never stop wearing it.