Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I get this in translucent light (from Ulta). This offers light to medium coverage and can be used in lieu of foundation. The biggest plus is the mineral sunscreen. It's only SPF 16, but I use it to top off my SPF 30 moisturizer. It gets cakey if you use it over foundation or over-apply. I will repurchase. Pretty good stuff at a reasonable price.

I just bought this last night in the kit with the blush and the translucent matte powder. I used to have really bad acne and I have some clogged pores I'm trying to clear up and some acne scars so I bought this to give my skin a break from heavy foundations. I just put it on to go shopping and I was beyond impressed. The coverage is great for a powder foundation. It doesn't feel heavy and I like that it has minimal ingredients to prevent breakouts. It even has a handy mirror and brush compartment. For anyone who wants powder foundation I highly recommend this!

So After wearing this around a few days I did feel that it was very drying for my combination skin. I can literally feel it sucking out the moisture of my skin and also accentuating dry patches which I didn't know I even had especially for the spring time I usually do not get very dry this time of year. I tried a setting spray but it didn't help minimize the dry patches (and I use really good moisturizers too) I will definatelly try a primer underneath and see if that makes a difference otherwise this might only work during super humid months for my skin type. Next I will try "flower" Powder trip powder foundation (walmart) which is on beauty pedia under best foundations - sounds less drying/cakey.

on 11/17/2014 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I don't usually use drug store brands because I find color matching almost impossible and they are usually heavy on the silicone. This one was a pleasant surprise I was looking for something to give a tad more coverage over my BB for trips to the store etc. without looking like a caked on mask. I usually use BM for this but ran out and didn't feel like driving 25 miles to the nearest Sephora or Ulta. This is pretty powdery in the compact but not on the skin and gives a nice light finishing coverage over my Naked BB cream. It isn't very long lasting but great for helping you look presentable in public or for light makeup on weekends. Nice cheap alternative to high end mineral powders and the beige is a good color match for me.

on 6/24/2014 6:37:00 PM

Ok. I have a few comments about this powder, if you're interested (which I'm guessing you are if you are browsing this site. heh)

This is not at all the worst powder I have ever used. I have a few pros I will elaborate on in a second but unfortunately, there are also cons. And for me, the negatives outweigh the positives I'm afraid to say.

I'll start with the pros:

1) I really liked the colour match. I bought it in Translucent Light (since I have very pale skin) and found that the undertones to the powder were yellow instead of the traditional pink. That made me quite happy because I do lean more toward yellow toned skin over pink. Anyway, it was one of the best for colour indeed.

2) It seemed to admirably control shine. Not the BEST, imo, but I would say that it did hold up well considering.

3) It really goes on very silky. It has a lovely smooth texture that certainly evens out your skin tone at the same time. I did like the initial pocelain look it produced.

HOWEVER.

Here come the cons…

1) First and foremost, and unfortunately for me the deciding factor in my decision never to repurchase: it does not blend into your skin enough. Meaning that hours after you apply, and you happen to come across a mirror, you CAN see that you are wearing makeup. Urg. I'm sorry to say but that does not work for me. I have tried other brands that are just not as obvious as this one. Perhaps if you were always situated in appropriate lighting, it would not matter but most of us can't control that part of our day lol. Anyway, I really dislike knowing that it is glaringly obvious you're wearing a setting powder. There are other powders that provide the same positives that don't make you cringe at that thought.

2) My second con (which I suppose could actually be seen as a pro - but not for me xD) is that it is VERY difficult to remove. I use a scrub at the end of the day and it takes me 3 washes to remove this powder. I mean, yes, I use a mosturizer before application but never before have I had to wash 3 times, it was that stubborn.
I mentioned it could be seen as a positive and that is because it means that once applied - it's NOT budging for the day! Some people may find that beneficial. But in my opinion, this takes that idea a bit too far and I can't help but wonder - if it is that hard to remove, it MUST be clogging pores as well, right?

Overall, I can't say it's terrible because it's not. But it's also not something I would recommend for my reasons above. Won't be repurchasing.

Alright, alright I'm done talking about this now. If you read it all, you're a star. :P

on 8/28/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

powder foundation is my favorite type of foundation...this review is only about the one for EXTRA SENSITIVE SKIN. I buy this in beige. it is a good color match for me. It is nice and cool, somewhat ashy toned. I like that look. I wear this currently. it gives a great natural finish and has great coverage. the extra sensitive skin is much harder to find...the regular sensitive skin, gives me a reaction and drys my skin out.

i have always believed that if the quality of the minerals or the powder isnt so great than buy in a compact. if it is bare minerals, i always like it loose. i think the packaging is too bulky and reminds me of a ufo. dont care for it.

you can use this pretty liberally compared to bare minerals. nice creamy consistency. i now can't wait to try Jane iredale

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased this product in the shade "Translucent" which actually has light to medium coverage in about NC15 shade (definitely yellow). I liked this powder, it didn't melt off my face throughout the day (although it did get oily on the forehead after 6 hours). Can't wear it through, too yellow. Also, very powdery. If you swirl a flat top brush on this powder, it goes everywhere. However, this is the best drugstore version of MAC MSFN I have yet to find.

on 4/18/2012 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my first mineral makeup, and I have to say that I really like it. I really feel that my skin can breath under this powder, yet it provides a reasonable coverage. It also comes with a mirror and applicator brush underneath the product. It's a bit pricey at about $14, but I think its certainly worth it!

on 4/11/2012 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Had sort of a strange, dry matte finish and so pricey! I got it for 40% off at CVS a couple weeks ago. I've been wanting to try a Physician's Formula pressed powder for some time and finally hit a sale. Too bad it looked kind of unnatural (like a soft film of powder) AND started breaking me out! No thanks! Returned it pronto and went back to my tried and true Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder---has a more natural finish while still being oil absorbing and about half the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down, holy grail powder. I have oily skin but I am in my mid 30's, so I need something that doesn't settle into fine lines and make you look older while controlling oil. After using numerous powders, this worked the best. A little pricey for drug store, but totally worth it. No break outs or irritation either! Plus, like that it is natural.