Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 11/3/2018 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because I found a cheap one at Ross. I have normal skin, sensitive, about NC20 in color. Most of the time I have pretty decent skin, so I don't need much coverage: I just use some concealer under my eyes and on blemishes and use a powder foundation to even out the color of my face.

This lasts pretty well on me (but it can partly be because of my sunscreen, which also works as a primer), doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. The color - strange enough - suits me well.

I enjoy using this, but probably wouldn't repurchase just because I prefer Bare Minerals pressed or loose powder foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Powder.
It’s amazing.
I have it in translucent, but it is fair as hell. I’m fair/light though, so it’s perfect for me. This is my HG powder, pressed or loose. I use this to set the under eye and as an all over foundation/powder. It’s pigmentated as I can ask. It makes my skin look airbrushed. It feels like nothing is on. I don’t know what I did before this powder. I used the Mineral Wear in the blue compact, but this is even better. This over any base erases anything, really. I have decent skin to begin with, but this takes it to the next level.
The powder seems to last all day. Just as long as any powder - pressed or loose, pressed on or baked.
There is no scent, which is great. PF powders have never irritated my sensitive skin. I will admit, I’ve slept with them on (*slaps wrists*), and they never clogged my pores either.
My only complaint is the price. It’s quite expensive for “drugstore”, but prices have been going up for other brands anyway. I have several PF powder compacts though, and have yet for one to run out. So they do last a long time for the price.
I honestly can say that a Physician’s Formula product has not disappointed me yet. I’ve tried their tinted moisturizer, mascara, powders, and eyeliners, and I love them all. I really don’t see a need to spend a lot of money on high end makeup with brands like Physicians Formula and Wet ‘n Wild.
Highly recommend for fair/light skinned.
A+

on 1/15/2016 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this product (in different colors) for years. It was the only powder I ever kept on hand. I do not wear makeup every day - nor do I wear concealer or foundation because I have extremely sensitive/acne prone skin. I use a benzoyl peroxide lotion after I wash my face to keep my acne at bay and my skin clear. Because of this, my skin IS clear, and I do not need heavy concealers/foundation. BUT - because I do use a topical treatment, my face tends to get shiny/oily and has a red/sunburned/suntanned overall color compared to my neck. BP will do that, unfortunately. So I use this as my only makeup. No foundation, no concealer.

It does battle shine (for me) but I do reapply later in the day - making sure to first blot my face with some toilet paper and then reapply a dusting on the shiny spots. Works great for me. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin or using a topical acne treatment.

Edit: I still think this powder is great, but I do need something with more shine control, because this stuff is talc-free. I find that I have to reapply this often, almost every hour - and would like something better than that. However, it's great for skin that breaks out from everything. But what mineral wear/talc-free makeup users have to understand is that products free from talc may give you more shine easily, since talc is a natural oil/moisture absorber. I never realized why most mineral/talc-free products gave me shine faster, this is why. I also have noticed that when I apply the newer versions of this (in translucent) it's much more orange/color than it used to be. I'd like to have something truly sheer without much color, and I find that if I apply this more than once, it tends to start looking cakey or like I've put a lot of colored powder on.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have incredibly sensitive skin and ever since I stopped taking Yaz Birth Control (6 year user), my skin has been in break-out mode. I have searched tirelessly high and low to find a product that wasn't filled with junk. My esthetician has been nagging me nonstop to find a product that only contains active ingredients like titanium dioxide and zinc. I need protection from the sun but am also a San Diegan who loves to be outside.

After putzing around RiteAid for 46 minutes I finally came across this PF product! I couldn't believe my eyes and then I saw the price and I think I died and went to heaven. You wouldn't even believe the change in my skin. I am glowing! My acne spots are clearing, this formula covers my acne discoloration, and I am protected from the sun! I add a touch of bronzer across my face to add a little color and I'm out the door.

I couldn't be happier and will be keeping this stocked in my makeup bag forever. If you've struggled like me and understand what it feels like to lose confidence in yourself because your skin isn't clear, then I recommend you give this product a try. It definitely won't hurt you! If anything, you'll protect yourself from skin cancer for at least a little while :)

Best of luck to all you beauties and stay gorgeous!

on 5/22/2014 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This does a great job brushed all over the face almost like foundation or just dusted in the t-zone as a powder. Personally I'm not a complete convert to the whole mineral makeup phenomena. FYI: talc is a mineral! However, if you're going to buy a mineral powder this one is affordable, and I like that it's pressed (i.e. less messy). The translucent light shade I chose blends perfectly with my super fair skintone.

on 10/20/2013 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

UPDATE 2:
I sadly must report that this DID end up breaking me out :( This would have been perfect if it didnt.... 3/5
***********************************************
UPDATE:
I wore this 2 days in a row and the lasting power really is phenomenal. On day 1 I put it on at 10AM, didnt need to touch up until 3:30PM, and it looked great when I took it off at 7:30PM. Thats about 91/2 hours! Today I put it on at 6:30AM and touched up at 11:30AM, which was 5 hours of wear without needing to touch up, which is great. However, I have noticed my skin itches a little bit when I put it on and I am forming a new pimple, but I am still not sure if it was caused by this makeup. Will update when I come to a conclusion.
***********************************************
Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Combo/Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $15 at CVS, which is a bit pricey for the drugstore :/
COVERAGE: I use the ELF mineral powder brush with this and I get a nice medium coverage out of it. I only use concealer under my eyes and a bit on my nose and any super large blemishes I have.
FINISH: I moisturize before I use this, and when I put this on I get a satin finish and its really pretty!!! My skin has dimension but also looks flawless and healthy
TEXTURE: Its powdery but blends very well.
SPF: 16
LASTING POWER: I wore this out to a club and it did not budge one bit! I was dancing and out pretty late, too
SHADES: This is one of the downfalls. I have this in "Creamy Natural", which luckily suits me pretty well. But they do not have a very wide variety of shades
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: So far, so clear :)
PACKAGING: A little bulky and fragile, but I still enjoy pressed powders for the convenience of travel
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes
FINAL VERDICT: I am really impressed with this. My skin has been pretty decent lately so I havent been wearing foundation, but sometimes I want something light that will give my skin a more "polished" look, evens out my skin, lasts through my day and doesnt break me out and this is it!

on 7/2/2013 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good option especially if you want to reapply a powder sunscreen on your face through out the day. It's fragrance free and a good drugstore mineral powder. I use this in translucent light and it works well if you use a light hand when applying. I wish the color was even lighter but the all physical sunscreen ingredients and the price are the main reasons I continue to buy this again. The packaging is a little bulky but I guess I'm just used to it. It has not caused irritation or break outs on my fair mild rosacea skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Three words: chalky, chalky, and chalky. The translucent adds a sickly whitish cast to pale skin, the creamy natural is too dark for pale skin. As for oil control: gone in less than an hour if you have very oily skin.

I can't think of a single reason to recommend this god-awful stuff.

on 5/21/2013 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this powder. It is my daily finishing powder and my HG for sure. I've tried tons and this just takes the cake. It does everything I want- mattes my face, evens my color, gives me a natural look and makes my skin look nearly flawless. It is pricier for me but we'll worth it but I do not like the packaging quality at all. It is thick but the majority of the pan is empty with a bad brush in it. Pfft. It needs more product. Anyways LOVE the product

on 4/16/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this for a while as my foundation because it has more coverage than most ds mineral powders. I loved that about it and the ease of a solid compact powder vs the mess of a loose one.

But over time I realized this did not do my mid 40's dry skin any favors. Nothing like catching yourself in a rear view mirror for a little makeup reality check huh girls?!:)

I'd have loved it when I was younger though I am more yellow toned and this runs pink, a little bronzer sorted that out when I did use it. All in a all a good product that just wasn't suited for me